PDA

View Full Version : YOU WILL SONDER HOW YOU EVER DID WITHOUT THIS!

PPRuNe Pop
28th Sep 2001, 17:36
Edit: WONDER (of course!)

I have never been one for getting excited about downloading software, but I made an exception when a very good friend suggested this one. You will, I promise, be gobsmacked!
www.sisoftware.co.uk/sandra (http://www.sisoftware.co.uk/sandra)

It will give you EVERY, and I mean EVERY, bit of information about everything that makes your computer tick.

The above URL will take you to the page you require and just download "sandra standard" - about 2.5mb worth. Load it, and when you fire it up you will be presented with your WHOLE computer's works, which you can check, individually, to your hearts content.

An amazing programme.

[ 28 September 2001: Message edited by: PPRuNe Pop ]

Tosh McCaber
30th Sep 2001, 13:18
I agree- it gives an extrordinary amount of info- it does EVERYTHING that you say!

I don't know whether it was a coincidence, but, after I had tried out the diagnostic box, I now find that when I let the mouse scroll up and down the desktop (or on a window which allows the desktop to be seen), my desktop shortcuts jump, shudder and seem to displace each other.

Any thoughts? Computer is 300mhz, 125mb ram, 8.4Gb capacity. I would also say that my hard disk, compartmented into C-2Gb and D-6.4Gb is very full- I am just about to take out things like Autoroute (600+MB) and others.

Thanks for any advice.

[ 30 September 2001: Message edited by: Tosh McCaber ]

PPRuNe Pop
30th Sep 2001, 19:18
Hi Tosh, I am not experiencing anything like that. Not sure what that could be but try a right click on your mouse, on the desktop, and then click 'refresh'. Might help, don't know though.

Good prog though!

Sean Dell
2nd Oct 2001, 12:28
I downloaded this but can't seem to make it work - I get the following message:
"Setup is unable to find installation languages in C:\AOL6~1.0\DOWNLOAD\SETUP.LID error 105"
What does this all mean? (apart from I haven't a clue what I am doing?!)

jabberwok
4th Oct 2001, 04:09
I agree that Sandra is a very useful program but one word of caution when using it.

If you are running the diagnostic tool for your CD-ROM drive it warns you that the test is intensive and can result in the drive failing. I can confirm this happens.

Only run the test if you have to - and only on a newish CD-ROM drive.

Sean Dell
8th Oct 2001, 13:09
Can anyone help me?
Please, PPrune Pop where are you?

What_does_this_button_do?
8th Oct 2001, 16:56
Download the file to c:\downloads (or something similar) - then run it from there. I think (although I maybe wrong) that you're running the application from the source rather than saving it to disk.