PDA

View Full Version : Cloud 9....thought they'd gone down?????

batoutofhell
5th Jun 2008, 14:45
http://www.selbytimes.co.uk/district-news/39Unique39-flying-school-plan-for.4151187.jp

potkettleblack
5th Jun 2008, 15:04
Just what the industry needs is another school. You must need your head read to be setting something like this up in the current climate.

Shunter
5th Jun 2008, 16:41
Someone's going to lend him £3m? Do me a favour...

chrisbl
5th Jun 2008, 21:26
Some one is going to lose a lot of money - probably more students.

The danger words -

Unique (means we dont have a clue whether this will work),

Premier (means third rate at best),

World class ( third world),

Centre of excellence (mediocrity guaranteed),

Nothing like this project...... (we had to disguise it this way to kid ourselves and the mugs who might fund this).

The only way to make a small fortune in aviation, is to start off with a large fortune. Better still start off with someone elses money as well.

hughesyd
5th Jun 2008, 21:53
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VLYpKGVBUg

Ah yes, Selby. i have heard this state of the art training establishment has a agreement for supplying newly qualified students to yorkshire airlines. Apparently you pay around £80,000 and are GUARENTEED a job, subject to you paying for your own type rating , uniform and lunch from your 21,000pa salary. sounds like a fantastic oportunity.

CHECK OUT THE PROMOTIONAL VIDEO FROM THE LINK ABOVE.

i will definately be applying!!!!

x933
5th Jun 2008, 22:57
Sean was billy bu**sh*tt*ng about this a while back. It'll never happen - he'll have to shift the gliding club first, who won't give up without a fight.

*Sits back to wait for the inevitable PM from one of his henchmen*

cowl flap
6th Jun 2008, 00:50
I wonder if this is to complement the 'large FTO' in the Czech Republic. Perhaps this is where the "stolen" aeroplanes have ended up.

cowl flap
9th Jun 2008, 12:34
seems more 'jewel in the crown' details have been released:

http://www.selbytimes.co.uk/district-news/WRAPS-OFF-SECRET-AIR-39VISION39.4155347.jp

Perhaps some exagerations there: 600 pilots a year! even Oxford or FTE wouldnt consider that level of training, it would be physically impossible from one airfield.

The more telling comment is at the end from the Yorkshire Forward rep who says they have no intention of selling and still intend to build the science research base.

chrisbl
9th Jun 2008, 19:39
The only flying this twit Wilkinson is likely to be doing is to cloud (9) cuckooland.:)

Besides which £3m is far too little to fund activity on this scale unless the intention is to get wannabes to pay upfront.

x933
9th Jun 2008, 22:24
Said it before, said it again. The guy's loopy.

potkettleblack
10th Jun 2008, 12:55
And state of the art in my mind and anybody elses should include level D simulators and a fleet of decent aircraft. If he thinks he is going to fund that with £3m then he is definitely cuckoo. Perhaps he should go and take a visit to one of the CTC locations around the world and see how it is done. Bet they spent more than £3m though!

I-LBF
10th Jun 2008, 18:50
I love the Bullsh*t Wilkinson gives...

His firm, which operates a successful flying school at Leeds Bradford Airport...

Yeh, and im off for a flying lesson with them tomorrow.

chrisbl
10th Jun 2008, 21:23
Once a tos*er always a to*ser.

De-fault
11th Jun 2008, 15:42
*Sits back to wait for the inevitable PM from one of his henchmen*

I didn't think he'd have many left.