PDA

View Full Version : Oil Price

spitfirebbmf
5th Jun 2008, 13:27
Just an observation.

Oil price goes up pump prices goes up. OK.

When oil was at its high $135 dieso at my local station went up over 5 days to 129.9 per ltr.:eek:

Over the last few days oil now at $122.2 pump price 129.9. WHY ?.:confused:

Why does it not come down at the same rate it goes up, you bet if it starts to rise again pump prices will go up. GREED maybe !.:=

Well it should come down and my hour lesson should again get cheaper. I can only hope.

spitfirebbmf
6th Jun 2008, 16:18
YEP. Oil went up today and my local garage now gone up to 130.9 / ltr.

Even though it is still less per barrel than when the price was 129.9 / ltr.

So as far as I can tell this is how it works.

1/ Oil goes up pump price goes up

2/ Oil goes down lets keep making profit on the higher pump price.

3/ Oil starts going back up lets rise those price more.

The retailers should pass on the reduction in price as they pass on the increases, works both ways.

Any thoughts ?

BarbiesBoyfriend
6th Jun 2008, 23:48
TO MAKE MORE MONEY of course.
With a bit more insight you may have asked 'why is it so expensive anyway?'

Ans. Peeps is trading in it.

no other reason.

Old Fella
7th Jun 2008, 04:44
I don't know what you guys are going crook about. Diesel has been $1.829/litre here on the Mid North Coast for weeks now and has not been below $1.50/litre this year. I know I am an old bloke, but I can well remember when diesel (distillate) was about half the cost of petrol.

OOPS, Sorry, I guess you are refering to GBP and not AUD.

ix_touring
8th Jun 2008, 08:43
I make my own diesel... I get used cooking oil delivered for 35p/liter, chemicals for about 8p/liter.

My over all cost per liter is about 45p per liter!

As the retail cost goes up, i expect my used oil will too but it seems to be in proportion.

It stings a little in the winter as I need ot mix 20% "normal" diesel in to prevent waxing and it feels expensive doing this!

iX

Danny_R
9th Jun 2008, 19:23
I don't know what you guys are going crook about. Diesel has been $1.829/litre here on the Mid North Coast for weeks now and has not been below $1.50/litre this year. I know I am an old bloke, but I can well remember when diesel (distillate) was about half the cost of petrol.

OOPS, Sorry, I guess you are refering to GBP and not AUD.

Yep they mean £1.30 per litre... so about 2.70 AUD per litre!

Just another example off ripp of Britain.