View Full Version : Qantas A380 Livery Revealed

Highflyer787
5th Jun 2008, 09:59
New Qantas A380 colourscheme fresh out of the paintshop in Hamburg

http://www.news.com.au/travel/story/0,26058,23813590-5014090,00.html

What do you all think?

PyroTek
5th Jun 2008, 10:05
Aw, I was hoping that the kangaroo would have the traditional 'wings' above it...:{
I heard whispers about the wings a while ago, I thought it might come to be.

Ah well, looks like a Qantas jet, that is it's aim, right?

employes perspective
5th Jun 2008, 10:05
finally an aircraft that can fit Dixons EGO and wallet

WynSock
5th Jun 2008, 10:15
With the greatest respect, 'employes perspective'...

Is it just me or does anyone else cringe every time I read your miss-spelled user name?

It doesn't do the "employes" any favours.

Short_Circuit
5th Jun 2008, 10:16
Aw, I was hoping that the kangaroo would have the traditional 'wings' above it

Super legacy, wash your mouth out.

Now there will be twice the number of pax invading the Capt Club Lounge when it turns to sh!t.:p

employes perspective
5th Jun 2008, 10:21
m8 i now how it's spelt i couldn't get it to fit any other way:}

WynSock
5th Jun 2008, 10:26
E.P.

sorry - assumed the worst, I'll just go back under my rock...

:ouch:

Howard Hughes
5th Jun 2008, 11:05
Looks like it's been photo shopped to me, especially the wingtips!:rolleyes:

Taildragger67
5th Jun 2008, 12:11
It might be game-changer and be fun for the boys to fly, etc. but it still ain't prrty.

drshmoo
5th Jun 2008, 12:55
The outside looks much nicer than singapores:ok::ok:

But the inside:yuk::yuk::yuk:

Capt Wally
5th Jun 2008, 13:47
SLF's won't see too much of the outside anyway, it's the inside that will make 'em puke!:yuk:
See 'EP' there's always someone who wants to be a star by way of being a spelling nazi, only this time he shot himself in the foot!:}
Will be interesting to see the kaos in the terminal now these big buggers are all but here. I recall when Tulla was designed & built in the 60's that they planners never thought beyond the B707 & Dc8's, the biggest jets of the day. When the B747 turned up a lot of the original docks where not available due to the huge wingspan. All sorts of mods where needed inc reposioning the fuel hydrants etc. The airports are crowded now never lone drop over 550 pax on 'em in one hit! Big isn't always better, but then again I am talking to a bunch of guys mostly in here:E

CW:)

Capn Bloggs
5th Jun 2008, 14:08
I still reckon the body's too short. Did they leave out a few frames?

Taildragger67
5th Jun 2008, 17:08
Bloggs,

A380-900 should sort the proportions out. Ref. the differences between -100 and -2/3/400 series of Boeing jets other than the 747 and the various stretches to Diesel-8s and -9s.

Still from front-on it looks like its brain's about to explode.

ules
5th Jun 2008, 21:07
oh god :yuk: the inside looks like crap, doesnt look very apealing or comfortable. i sure wouldnt take a chance to sit in one of those seats.

Syd eng
5th Jun 2008, 22:33
The first three of the 20 big jets on order are expected to arrive in Australia by December.
The first, pictured, is due to land in August in Australia and will be operating between Melbourne and Los Angeles by October.

Where are the Editors nowadays, first due to land in Australia 5 months before the first is due?

I'm Driving
5th Jun 2008, 22:43
3 by December. The first one is due in August. Is that what your asking?

lowerlobe
5th Jun 2008, 23:26
I'm surprised that Darth didn't have the aircraft flown to China for painting to save money....

Mstr Caution
5th Jun 2008, 23:57
The shown aircraft was close to not being delivered as such.

QF & FOX where in negotiations to have the aircraft arrive with decals to promote the soon the be released movie "Australia".

But it was determined the weight penalty would cost too many $$$$.

MC:8

crank1000
5th Jun 2008, 23:57
It seems sort of unfinished. I hope that there is still some work to do. Otherwise that is one of the worst business class and economy cabin's I've ever seen.

What is it with QF? Bad paint jobs, bad uniforms, bad cabin staff and the list goes on!

assasin8
6th Jun 2008, 01:36
I reacon we paint it green, stick a big "2" on the side and start the countdown..... "Thunderbirds are GO!":ok:

lambsie
6th Jun 2008, 02:23
It's just the undercoat for the Jetstar paint scheme!:hmm:

Flight Detent
6th Jun 2008, 02:28
This must be a special order mini A380, with only 380 seats, according to the news release!

Glad I've still got some time to fly BNE-LAX in a B747 (even though it's a -400, where are the -300s?), before this monster gets on that route, then I'll have to go via Singapore, or any other airline that doesn't fly 380s!

There is no way I'm flying in one of those things!!

Cheers...I think FD :mad:

lowerlobe
6th Jun 2008, 03:34
bad cabin staff....In what way exactly crank1000?

where are the -300s?....You can't be serious Flight detent.It's bad enough just to fly to Perth on a 300 let alone to LAX via either HNL or NAN or anywhere...

Taildragger67
6th Jun 2008, 08:46
assasin8,
I reacon we paint it green, stick a big "2" on the side and start the countdown..... "Thunderbirds are GO!"

I agree, but there's a problem with that plan - the wings point the wrong way.

Lobe,
It's bad enough just to fly to Perth on a 300 let alone to LAX via either HNL or NAN or anywhere...

- that's when one is actually released to fly!

Look I love the 743, I did one of my first trips to London on one many, many moons ago and had a great time so it's part of that experience for me, but they seem (from PPRuNe reports) to be falling apart at the seams... are all classic 747s beset with the same problems? I mean, until the recent fuel price spikes they've remained a popular airframe with lots tootling round, they can't all be going u/s most of the time? What's the issue with this particular four?

Short_Circuit
6th Jun 2008, 09:00
The 747-300 are built on cables & cogs technology and have always required a lot of tender loving care.
The spare parts are very hard to source and some out of production so the bad bits come back from workshops still bad bits.

They need lots of people and ground time to fix, which could be done but not when flying SYD-PER, MEL-PER with no ground time for maintenance.

As a long haul A/C they would still be fit but with dwindling LAMEs, overtime and ground time it's all over red rover. :{

As QF21 they stood the test of time as yo yo domestic services, bad planning.:=

Torque It Up !!
6th Jun 2008, 14:57
Yes it will look even better in Jetstar colours !! :}

Angle of Attack
7th Jun 2008, 00:30
The 380-seat super jumbo emerged from the paint shop at Hamburg this week ready to return to France where it will undergo test flights with Qantas pilots.

Damn ther emust be lots of legroom if there is only 380 seats.... Thats less than a 747!! :ugh:

Aussie
7th Jun 2008, 09:00
I got a good view of it Parked outside the Hangar yesturday on the Rwy05 ILS into HAM, takes you straight over it :} Very nice indeed

crank1000
7th Jun 2008, 09:51
Lowerlobe,

I've flown QF international in Business and Cattle class and must say that the service is the worst I've come across on an International flight. Before you ask me what I'm comparing it against I will list all the carriers I have flown international on during the last 4 years,

Cathay, BA, Iberian, LAN Chile, Singapore, Thai, Malaysian, Alaska Air, Aerlingus(Budget Carrier), Kenyan, SAA and Air Transat(Calls itself a budget Carrier but has full service).

Domestic Airlines,

Monarch, Easyjet, thompsonfly, BMI, Bangkok Airways, Garuda, AA, Westjet, J* and QF. I know that this was about int'l but I would just like to say that QF was the only full service domestic I have flown on in the last couple of years. Bangkok Airways and Westjet outshined QF and they're budget carriers.

That was the way I meant

teresa green
8th Jun 2008, 11:05
Crank 1000 have to totally disagree. I am the first to have a whinge when things are crook, but after just completing a flight to LHR on QF via SIN and BKK (staff travel) they improvement in Business and Cattle is very obvious. No bimbo's, just good hard working staff on every sector. Both male and female. After years of don't care, its all about me, who gives a s#$t, service, they appear to have their act together. The first sector I was amazed but cautious, the second sector I was starting to think it was me, by the third sector I was dumbfounded, by the forth sector I was convinced. Top crews on the QF1,QF9,QF2,QF2 late last month. Thanks for a great trip.:D:D:D

Bad Hat Harry
8th Jun 2008, 11:24
Having spent some 30 years in Customer Service and having worked for various organizations I have found that there are two types of unhappy customers.
1.There are those who are unhappy in their circumstances
2.There are those who are unhappy within themselves
You sir, qualify as the latter.
Go and see a shrink who will help you sort out your problems

dkaarma
8th Jun 2008, 12:21
I think there's something very special and glamorous about a 747 (paricuarly the -400 with it's wingtips) in the Qantas livery... but the A380 is just... well.. I don't know.. uninspiring...

I thought the A380 might grow on me after a bit, but every time I see it, I think it needs some paracetamol, it just looks like it's got a big headache!

Buster Hyman
8th Jun 2008, 12:38
Unfortunately, Cabin Crew are human like Pilots, CSO's, LAME's etc. You get good ones & you get bad ones and sometimes you get good ones on a bad day. I'm no fan of QF staff (Lobee excepted! ;-) ) but I've had some pretty good flights with them. The bad QF crews I've encountered, strangely enough, we're on some of the clapped out equipment. I think if the crew have the right product, and are having a good time, then you will too.

Now, as for the livery...why do they feel the need to make the logo so much bigger? I just saw the A380 at LHR in SQ colours and it feels like THEY ARE SHOUTING AT YOU!!!

LOOK AT ME, I'M F*CKING BIG AREN'T I???

I also dislike the red winglets. They detract from the clean white of the fuselage. If they are painted that way for safety, then put a friggin hi-vis vest on it FFS!:rolleyes:

Oh, and I'd officially like the "Spirit of Australia" title removed thank you. We are not at all like that!

crank1000
11th Jun 2008, 01:15
Im glad that you had a great flight and also happy that you had great staff. I was warned that BA wasn't the best when I flew with them but was pleasantly surprised by the great service. They had a shake up a few years ago also.

Bad Hat, I don't see how I can be unhappy with myself. I was simply comparing QF with other major players in the market. The fact that I didn't think QF was up there with the best doesn't mean I have to see a shrink does it