PDA

View Full Version : No Expats in India beyond July 2010

B737NG
4th Jun 2008, 14:25
DGCA want to put pressure on all Indian Airlines to hire more Indian F/Os. Terminate all Expat Pilots who work there for 4 year or 31. July 2010 whatever is EARLIER. How? Not give any validation anymore. Why ? to protect the Indian Pilots who spend lots of money getting a CPL and having difficulties to find a job. Indian Airlines are required to submit a report to the DGCA how they induct more Indian and reduce the number of Expats, Captains and First Officers. Some Airlines found it cheaper to hire a Type Rated F/O with experience instead of hiring a Indian Pilot of the street and train him to operate. With the battle for passenger and market shares versus the rising fuel costs not too surprising. Market forces are valid, everywhere on the Globe despite the wishes for regulatory Authorities. No Pilots who operate the planes means no revenue and no profit, all Jobs are lost. For the Expats and the national Pilots in any Country.

Indian DGCA states that about 4.500 Indian Pilots are working together with about 1.000 Expat Pilots and that number has to be reduced in the favour of more Indian Pilots. A operator who want to keep a Expat beyond 31. July 2010 will face severe difficulties from the DGCA on a case by case decision.

From June this year on the DGCA threatened the Airlines with the first step: Not to renew the Validation for foreign F/Os anymore but the Airlines could plea for some more time but not too much. 4 Months to get a Indian F/O type rated is enough means the DGCA. How much time they think that it takes to upgrade them? Watch the local Newspaper they are watching the issue closely..........

Fly safe and land happy

NG

Dogma
4th Jun 2008, 15:51
Fly safe and happy landings is right!

India is a clever nation but this is soooo short sighted. You make aviation work hard for Indian development and use it as a tool. The position of a couple of thousand Captains is totally irrelevant.

Further, the stories I hear from the Sub Cont' are ones of diminishing safety standards and poor experience and training.

Sqwak7700
5th Jun 2008, 03:40
All expat pilots should band together and walk out NOW. See how long it takes them to come back and beg you to fly. You would have that country on its knees.

:hmm:

casper63
5th Jun 2008, 05:29
Dear Squak,

Which fool's world are you living in. Can a bunch of 1000 odd guys can bring a country of India's size on its knees? Think again! And do you think even one guy would resign on your call and give up his lucrative job, you must be joking. And please be careful when you talk about other countries I can also curse you and your country on this forum and you won't like it mate.:=

rogerg
5th Jun 2008, 05:36
I can also curse you and your country on this forum and you won't like it mate.:=

What a strange reaction from a professional.

Lydia Dustbin
5th Jun 2008, 07:37
Sqwak7700

As most people look after themselves, your plan would be unlikely to work, but may i add that you are SPOT ON the mark. All expats should pull out and give 30 days notice, and find another job while they can.

Casper63

What a ridiculous reaction to squaks comments.

And please be careful when you talk about other countries I can also curse you and your country on this forum and you won't like it mate

Can you please advise us where sqwak 'cursed you or your country'? and why do you call him 'mate'?

Can a bunch of 1000 odd guys can bring a country of India's size on its knees? Think again!

No! However if 20% of the pilots (ie all the expats) pulled out, it would bring the aviation industry to its knees for sure. Now what effect would that have on a country the size of India? mmmm not good i think!

Grow up:=:=

77.shailesh
5th Jun 2008, 07:57
We have a population of 2 billion & do u think we will be scared of 1000 ex pats leaving give me a break we can train a CPL holder with 200 hrs & get him fly Boeing or Airbus much better than ex pats do we have seen how they fly in india .Every ex-pat coming in india come with false logging hours .If India has a exams like America online exams BBBBBBBBBBBBBelieve me u dont need ex pats( Captains & First Officers )in India.:= U al Ex pats will be doing this :ugh: & guys be professional than kids

StressFree
5th Jun 2008, 08:18
Oh dear - I fear this thread is heading for the rocks.....
I also fear that with people like .77 shailesh around the Indian airline industry may go the same way :sad:

The posts from casper and shailesh are unbelieveable and reach new depths of poor quality for supposed 'professionals' :ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh:

noflare
5th Jun 2008, 08:23
Well said Stress Free...its very sad to hear supposed professional pilots talk such trash.
Lets hope he stays in India as I doubt anyone else would be interested in him!:rolleyes:

av8r76
5th Jun 2008, 08:40
give me a break we can train a CPL holder with 200 hrs & get him fly Boeing or Airbus much better than ex pats do we have seen how they fly in india

This has got to be one of the most asinine statements ever made in the history of pprune, and believe me there are a whole bunch of such proclamations littered all over these forums.:eek:

We are talking about 1000 out of 4500 not 2 bn. Thats about 20-25% of the workforce, and these guys make up more in flying experience than the 3500 combined. You are not helping your cause by belittling their knowledge and experience.

You have obviously not sat on either seat of a high performance a/c or else you would not even dream of uttering such a statement.

I came with 600 hrs in a light turboprop and it took about another 600 hrs of babysitting by the captains to get me to JUST catch up with the jet.

And you expect a 200 hr wonder to COMMAND these jets to safety. Regulations aside, the level maturity, experience, exposure takes years to reach and cannot even be calculated in mere hours.

captjns
5th Jun 2008, 10:29
As India is emerging in the world of technology, I don't India wants to suffer the same humiliation as Garuda or KAL. So lets just see what 2010 brings us. In the mean time would you please pass the curry? And yes Ill have another pint of Cobra too.;)

PanPanYourself
5th Jun 2008, 11:27
We have a population of 2 billion & do u think we will be scared of 1000 ex pats leaving give me a break we can train a CPL holder with 200 hrs & get him fly Boeing or Airbus much better than ex pats do we have seen how they fly in india .Every ex-pat coming in india come with false logging hours .If India has a exams like America online exams BBBBBBBBBBBBBelieve me u dont need ex pats( Captains & First Officers )in India. U al Ex pats will be doing this & guys be professional than kids
What you've just posted is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever read. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this forum is now dumber for having read it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Lydia Dustbin
5th Jun 2008, 11:48
77.shailesh

As you now qualify for the the Idiot of PPRuNe of the month award, i also suggest that before you even consider sitting in the right hand seat of an aircraft again (if indeed you really do, more like seat 37 J), you do a lot of homework and brush up on your English in order that you can achieve ICAO level 4, there's a good boy, now off you toddle.

Kerosine
5th Jun 2008, 12:20
I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
LMAO, amen to that brother.

77.shailesh, someone's obviously hit a raw nerve for such an outburst of nonsensical rubbish. Considering Sqwak7700's hypothetical argument, how would India finance ~1000 new pilots' training? Do they have the training recources available? Given the fact that it take up 18 months to take someone from ab-initio-> type rated FO, would the airlines just have to make do without in the meantime?
Given India's booming airline industry with massively increasing passenger numbers I think there would be more truth to Sqwaks statement than you would like to beleive!

For some reason I don't think we'll be hearing from this chap again...

tom775257
5th Jun 2008, 13:51
I flew once into Delhi, I wouldn't want to repeat that, ATC were at best worrying. Iran, Pakistan, Syria, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Libya, Tunisia, Morocco, Egypt etc all have offered me better standard ATC; then countries like Oman, Bahrain, UAE offer a very good service by using (seemingly majority) expat controllers. I wonder if this trend follows the pilots too.

Either way back to short haul around Europe now so best of luck to you.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh!
5th Jun 2008, 14:05
Why does JetBlast have to have boring rubbish like this foisted on it. We make our own boring rubbish, so mods, can we PLEASE move this somewhere else - like Freight Dogs or MIL?

:E

Lydia Dustbin
5th Jun 2008, 14:13
Aaagh

Everything on JB is boring. What's your problem? is this one of the few subjects on JB with a link to aviation. Since when has the issue of expat/indian pilots got anything to do with freight dogs or MIL??

Dogma
5th Jun 2008, 15:38
captjns and 77.shailesh,

The only other people I have encountered with a similar view to any foreigner (White, brown, black etc) are from Nigeria .... and look at the state of Aviation in that country.

Local talent must be developed in a sound and structured way to produce a solid foundation for India.

Arbitrary bull dust, like 2010, loss of FTLs etc will create much in the way of tears and death, but I suppose life and corruption are considered more acceptable in the developing world. :ouch:

Binoculars
5th Jun 2008, 16:10
Well, I think this is simply a case of Political Correctness gone mad. Mad I tell you! And I've had enough! (4)

jai6638
6th Jun 2008, 14:30
I think you need to relax and not be so sensitive to criticism. If you feel like you need to defend India, then do so properly instead of making gross generalizations which makes it sound like India does not need any outside help at all. oh and fyi, the population of India is definitely not 2 billion.. :p

Cheers,
a fellow Indian