PDA

View Full Version : Accomodation Near Bruntingthorpe.

Chris_Lewis
5th Jun 2008, 09:12
Hi guys

New here so please be gintle :)

My girlfriend is doing on of these driving days with ferarris etc at brunty in a couple of weeks. We were thinking of driving down the day before and staying over so we dont have to be up in the middle of the night.

Can anyone recommend somewhere for us to stay. I guess a country pub b&b type of place is what we are looking for, somewhere with good food and good beer.

So, any ideas?

Chris

p.s. I wasnt sure which forum to choose but seeing as this one contains the most XH558 chatter i thought i would try here first.

Smiler558
5th Jun 2008, 11:39
Your best bet is the Travel Lodge at Lutterworth, not to far away.

:)

Checkflaps
5th Jun 2008, 12:47
Travelodge at Lutterworth is a good bet. Just off the M1, 15 mins from Brunty (depends on how fast you drive I suppose), The Elms pub is outside the front door of the Travelodge also - crawling distance.:ok:

BTW - if driving to Brunty in a 'low' car, watch out for the bumps on the road leading from the old A50 to the airfield - particularly after the S Bend. Too quick and you WILL bottom out. :eek:

Checkflaps

Chris_Lewis
5th Jun 2008, 12:58
Thanks guys

To be honest i was kind of hoping for some suggestions that were more country pubs etc than a travel lodge but if that is the best there is then the travel lodge it is. And if its got a pub on the dorr step :)

Cheers

Chris:ok: