PDA

View Full Version : Nbt Gets The Flick

WELLCONCERNED
4th Jun 2008, 23:02
Latest Ministerial announcement says that David Forsyth will take over as Chairman of Airservices Board effective 3rd June.

NBT has been 'shown the door' - Gerry McGowan has fallen on his sword - and Hank Meertens and Alice Williams have been 'persuaded' to stay a while longer. Warren Mundy joins the Board - one more new member to come.

Now, when will the Minister see sense and axe the CEO??

Tootle Pip.

MEDIA RELEASE

The Hon Anthony Albanese MP

Minister for Infrastructure, Transport,
Regional Development and Local Government

04 June 2008
AA052/2008

APPOINTMENTS TO THE BOARD OF AIRSERVICES AUSTRALIA

Federal Cabinet has approved the appointment of Mr David Forsyth as Chair of the Airservices Australia Board - the organisation that manages 11 per cent of the world's airspace.
Mr Forsyth - a board member since January 2005 - will replace Mr Nick Burton Taylor AM.
Following numerous executive positions with Qantas, Mr Forsyth possesses a wealth of experience and will provide strong leadership to this important organisation during a period of rapid technological change and growth in the aviation industry.
Mr Forsyth will take up his position at a time when the Government is developing Australia's first ever aviation White Paper, a critical policy document outlining how the Government will manage the nation's growing aviation industry over coming decades.
A strong and innovative Airservices will no doubt be more important than ever.
I am also pleased to announce that Mr Henk Meertens and Ms Alice Williams have agreed to stay on and serve another term as Board members. Both were first appointed in January 2005.
Mr Meertens' long history within the aviation industry and Ms Williams' expertise in commerce and financial analysis will continue to be of great benefit to the Board's deliberations.
To fill the vacancy created by the promotion of Mr Forsyth, Cabinet has approved the appointment of Dr Warren Mundy as a new board member. Dr Warren Mundy will bring to the position significant industry experience, particularly in the areas of airport planning and long term corporate and aviation strategy.
I congratulate Mr Forsyth, Mr Meertens, Ms Williams and Dr Mundy and thank them for their spirit of public service. I look forward to having a productive relationship with them and the other Board members.
I have also accepted the resignation of Mr Gerry McGowan, effective from 30 May 2008. I will announce McGowan replacement in the near future.
On behalf of the Australian Government, I would like to thank both Mr McGowan and Mr Burton-Taylor for their services to Airservices and the broader aviation industry.
All new appointments will take effect from 3 June 2008.
Each year, Airservices - an Australian Government-owned corporation - manages air traffic operations for more than three million domestic and international flights carrying some 47 million passengers. The aviation industry also relies on Airservices for aeronautical data, telecommunications and navigation services.

concernaviat
5th Jun 2008, 16:31
Good riddance to Admiral Two-Dads.

TFN next to go, hand-in-hand with Richard the DUD, Kin, and the T.A.S.manian turd. :mad:

WELLCONCERNED
5th Jun 2008, 23:20
OK, CA - you got me. Who is T.A.S? [...and what's wrong with Tasmaniacs anyway...]

concernaviat
6th Jun 2008, 14:35
T.A.S.manian turd is the short bearded one who has attempted (but failed) to manage Airport Services, People and Change, and now T.A.S.

WELLCONCERNED
7th Jun 2008, 04:09
Thanks, CA.

Finally twigged. Agree - he and a few others need to go. Maybe they should use the crew who culled the roos recently in the ACT - or tried to, anyway! Just put up a privacy screen around the AWB, and start shooting.....

Notice how the Airservices website discretely changed the Board members on the 4th of June - but made no public announcement about the changes. No word of thanks to NBT - no accolades for the 'old guard'.

Any takers on a date for TFN to leave?