PDA

View Full Version : Recommended Books - Manuals for ATPL

RMarvin86
4th Jun 2008, 19:01
Hi there,
I'm currently at the final stage of my PPL training waiting to take the pratical test within a couple of weeks and as I'm intended to go futher with the training and licenses I'm wondering which are the best manuals to use for the ATPL preparation. My intention is to join a distance learning institute, actually looking at CATS but don't know yet which manuals I should use to prepare myself for the exams. I know that CATS, GS, OAT and other schools offer web based material but I would like to buy some paper stuff as soon as possible and start studying. Actually I only have the Jeppesen JAA text books and I'm wondering if the're enough or the're some other essential books. Thanks.

sollas
4th Jun 2008, 19:09
Hi,

Have a look at bristol ground school, i think they will sell their paper manuals to you even if your not taking their course.

Hope that helps, best of luck.

sollas

paco
4th Jun 2008, 19:09
The whole syllabus is covered in this book, designed just for people like yourself:

www.electrocution.com/aviation/#JAR

Phil

Another TD
6th Jun 2008, 08:31
Bristol Ground School notes bought from ebay is a good option.The notes are about passing the exams and are clearly written allowing for a casual read prior to serious study.They are often being sold on ebay. The oxford notes are too indepth for pre course study but they are very good all the same.I have both sets and sometimes used the bristol notes whilst on the Oxford distance learning course.