PDA

View Full Version : Cirrus Airlines of Germany

Iver
4th Jun 2008, 17:36
Do anyone have any informations about working at Cirrus Airlines in Germany?

I understand they operate a few Embraer E170s (maybe 2), some Dornier jets and props and then a large fleet of corporate jets for charter. Can anyone provide information about either the airline side or the charter side? QOL? I hear pay is medium to low - any confirmation of this for either side? Is speaking fluent German a requirement?

Any informations would be appreciated. PMs welcome.

Kraut
4th Jun 2008, 18:06
Just go to

www.pilots.de

and state your request just in english. I am sure, there are some Cirrus pilots in that forum.

Cheers

Ups, forgot, you have to register, before you are able to bring in statements.

Denti
4th Jun 2008, 20:10
Cirrus Airlines and formerly Cirrus Aviation, now merged with DC Aviation are two different companys and were kept apart for some time.

Try ppjn, information should be mostly correct, can only say that the airline side is rather low payed indeed.

And yes, probably more information on pilots.de

Antarki
5th Jun 2008, 17:01
Iver - If you do get any response from www.pilots.de could you please post it on this thread. Also interested in them. :ok:

Thanks.

Iver
7th Jun 2008, 02:12
Antarki,

From what I heard, Cirrus only have 2 E170s and pilots are very senior. I assume you would need to convert ratings for Europe too.

I heard about China airline operating E190s has openings for E190 rated pilots - Kunming Airlines?

Good luck.

pinnball
11th Jun 2008, 10:10
I was employed for about 2 years at Cirrus Airlines. They increased the Do328 Fleet strong. So that is the standart Plane you will get. Need to bond for about 4-5 Years (yes realy) for that type-rating. Payscale at absolute minimum to life in Germany. F/o after 1 year 2600,- befor tax. No extra pay, no more then 12 times money a year. around 1550 after tax in Germany. After 4 years salery increase 100,- a year. max 5 times. after 120 duty hourse extra pay - but i never ever reached 120 hourse a month. never!!. max block was 70. normaly onlay 50. Emb 170 - forget it. They say : yes after 1 or 2 years you can change the fleet and we will pay the rating. ha ha ha. i tried it 4 times. you will always hear some nice stories but never be happy there.

Iver
13th Jun 2008, 13:19
Thanks Pinball. I have heard pay was very low compared to others in Germany. :eek: For those pilots who have left Cirrus, where do they tend to go - Air Berlin, Ryanair, etc? Have the Cirrus airline pilots ever switched over to their charter/bizjet division or vice versa?

invisiblemoon
15th Jun 2008, 07:52
I left Cirrus in 2007 and when I talked to the HR manager he proposed me to stay with Cirrus moving to the business sector (Cirrus aviation).

I had to refuse because I had a much better opportunity but I appreciated that they tried to keep me in.

Cirrus is a very nice place to be, very friendly people and they are really professionals, at least the people I flew with. But money-wise that is just a scandal but they don't care : the captains are all living in the vicinity and they're not willing to relocate and for the F/O's it's a bit like a flight school, people don't stay for a long time there.

Nice experience though ... and I'm not German :}

His dudeness
15th Jun 2008, 10:19
I havent worked there, but I do know the founder and owner from the time he started out with a Beech 200... he was and is not known to hand out cash and/or any other goodies in vast amounts. YouŽll get bonded for a "niche" typerating (DO328) for 4 years and will most likely fly out of EDFM - which is not the easiest airport to operate in and out of. They had an accident only recently which could have easily been a major one, a Do hit an embankment on landing roll.
IF you have the choice, IŽd steer clear of them. If your career planning allows you to fly for food, go for it. Undoubtely youŽll learn to fly there. Chances for the Embrear are rather low IŽd say, friend of mine is one of the senior pilots there and he says he sees little movement and if so, then from guy that are with Cirrus for quite a while.

jetopa
15th Jun 2008, 16:17
As mentioned before, Cirrus Aviation, the business jet arm of the Cirrus Group, has been joined with DC-Aviation, formerly known as Daimler-Chrysler Aviation. Cirrus Airlines is formally independent and flies on the LH route structure.

But: you never know what's going to happen. Just recently, a DO328 (Jet) Captain from Cirrus Airlines was transferred directly into the left seat of DC-Aviation's most prestigious business jet, the Gulfstream 550...

You see: there might be plenty of opportinities out there.:ok:

smoking
1st Jul 2008, 11:29
Isn`t the former Head of flight operations from EAE- the company that went belly up at EDLN- part of the managment board?

Antarki
1st Jul 2008, 12:26
Iver - Thanks for the info on the Chinese E190 operator, will definitely look into them.

:ok:

Iver
1st Jul 2008, 14:21
Wow - moving from D328 to G550 - that's a nice type rating and experience to have in this economic market. Good for him.