PDA

View Full Version : Freelance N reg King Air work

youngskywalker
4th Jun 2008, 15:19
Anybody know of any odd bits of King Air Freelance work in the UK on the N or M reg? Got about 400 hundred hours on a King Air F90 and a recent type/sim course on a B200 at SIMCOM, FAA CPL,Multi IR.

Recently made redundant as a Corporate Pilot and just looking for some freelance work until I can convert to the JAA.

Pm me if you can suggest anything, even if it's to tell me to bugger off! :)

Cheers

cldrvr
4th Jun 2008, 15:29
B@gger off!!

There are loads of them up at Weston, for some reason the Irish like them.

youngskywalker
4th Jun 2008, 15:41
haha cheers!
Ahh not Weston again! I hated flying that VOR approach into Weston every other week, through the Dublin zone! Weston and Galway were like a second home! Funnily enough I never saw any King Air's at Weston, just loads of Cj's!

Thanks anyway

MIKECR
4th Jun 2008, 15:55
Theres N41AK(F90) at Glasgow.

youngskywalker
4th Jun 2008, 15:58
I know, i used to fly it! And its off to the States...:(

MIKECR
4th Jun 2008, 16:03
sent u a pm

cldrvr
4th Jun 2008, 16:03
OK I asked around the following are in Weston:

N27HK 200
N554CF E90
N59MS C90
N712DB A90

That was one phonecall, there appear to be a few in Blackpool and Bournemouth too.

youngskywalker
4th Jun 2008, 16:09
Much appreciated, I will get onto it. Many thanks for your kind efforts. It's difficult to get onto N reg aircraft in the UK without really knowing people on the inside but it's always worth a try.

I am in the process of converting to JAA, just need to try and pass the medical that I initially failed years ago.

Thanks again

cldrvr
4th Jun 2008, 16:16
Skywalker, talk to the guys where you got your MX done and see if they have any leads.

youngskywalker
4th Jun 2008, 16:20
Yep done that, GAMA did our maintenance and they said they would put some feelers out. Good thing is there are always plenty King Air's knocking about, just that I'm up in North East Scotland and away from it all really. Happy to commute for the odd bit of flying, get plenty days off from my ATC job.

Martin Barnes
5th Jun 2008, 18:39
I heard of an opportunity on an N C90 out of blackpool recently

why not call westair!

youngskywalker
5th Jun 2008, 20:08
I've done just that, you're the third one so far to mention that same King Air! Many thanks!