PDA

View Full Version : New man at Qatar Airways.

Bangkok Layover
4th Jun 2008, 12:49
So it is confirmed that Mr.Bandula Saputhantri is the new big man(VP) at QR !?

He was with Air Lanka,Emirates,and last was with 9W before the new role at QR.

What will happen to the "Snake"-Saliya? He is no more making decisions and is somewhat "Ditched" by his Master (AAB),we hear.

Any info?

Londonlads
4th Jun 2008, 13:22
Best if they ship SK back home to Ceylon!

Bangkok Layover
4th Jun 2008, 16:41
yes,I agree....within 24 hours..bit of his own medicine. :mad:

CEO PITA
4th Jun 2008, 20:08
Salia is out ??
Cool maybe new guy will not get so deep .
Another S.L ? Is there any other nationality for that job ?

Bangkok Layover
5th Jun 2008, 05:31
Sure there is....

Its not the Nationality but the "Competency" that matters.

New Guy is very good,however the question is weather he will be brainwashed? or forced to follow the usual AAB trends?....or else he would be out in a matter of days/weeks/months.

I have seen over 10 CC managers here during my time,shortest serving being the British Mediterenian Airlines lady-Just 24 hours!:ugh:

Londonlads
5th Jun 2008, 12:05
In what year was that BMED lady there?

5th Jun 2008, 18:32
bangkok layover - 10 crew managers is rubish. b-med woman was in 2001.

hear that svp is the one grooming the existing team as sk is leaving for kingfisher with a beter and bigger package than qr give him. it is all arranged, one comes from jet another goes to kingfisher. he had the interview in 2008 january at the k/fish training akademy. wait till july 2008. ab knows about it. he was to go in april but waited for the arrivel of svp. they are all known to all, one country.

Londonlads
5th Jun 2008, 20:27
Bless IT if it is true but won't believe it until it actually happens!

fg-fun
5th Jun 2008, 21:14
Qatar airways!!!!!!hahahaahahahaha,sorry childish i know,couldnt help myself,wasnt B.sacked from EK??

Bangkok Layover
6th Jun 2008, 14:13
1122334455 - Info given in my report is very accurate NOT Rubbish :)

Just for the record, take a look below.These are the CCM worked for QR since I my time.Its over 10 managers,isnt it ??

1) Felecia -(Canadian)1994
2) Don (British)1994-1995
3) Siham kortas (Tunisian)1995
4) Samir Milkawi (Jordanian)1996-1997
5) Jacky ( British-Med )1998
6) Mark Turner (British)
7) Ed pim ( British )
8) Romeo krishak ( Italian/Spanish )
9) Lee shave -Cabin services-(British)
10)Bob gates (Australian) 2000/200
11)Saliya (Sri Lankan)
12)Bandula saputhantri (Sri Lankan)

B med Jacky did not work in 2001.It was bob gates who was heading the department.Jacky joined QR in 1998 just for 24 hours :D

Kingfisher/Snake story is news!! ( I doubt it very much though)

homesick rae
7th Jun 2008, 07:49
Have to agree with BL but what position did Patsy Plested hold? Remember her BL?

I heard on my flight back from DXB yesterday that Mark is at Jet? Any ideas?

Cheers

HR

9.G
7th Jun 2008, 09:34
No one no matter how good or bad the person might be will ever last longer than couple of years with AAB. He just keeps on changing them for the sake of it and to protect his own a&&. Thats' exactly the case in flight ops as well.

CEO PITA
7th Jun 2008, 15:50
Who care who is on that position ?
1. Its only a cabin crew
2. Any person on this position has no power to change anything
3. First they should learn crew how to say "good morning " and if they can do that then only how to open doors on aircraft
4.Welfere jojke department ( any time you go there youre ass hurts )

MrMachfivepointfive
7th Jun 2008, 15:59
Mr. BKKLayover - are you identical with Mr. BS himself? As far as I remember you didn't leave EK on the most favourable terms. Actually TD wanted you sacked but instead offered you a honourable discharge. Now even Jet couldn't stand you? Good luck with the goatliners!

Londonlads
7th Jun 2008, 18:19
Pita, you have such a lousy attitude! "It's only a cabin crew" definitely shows your opinion of your colleagues. Disgusting!

CEO PITA
7th Jun 2008, 19:23
In QR CC is above flight deck dont you know ?
Try it argue with some "favorit" CC and you will see after who has more authority you or her . lol lol
QR is only airline in the world when capt tell somthing to CC they will not do it if CSD dont agree .
So yes its only a CC .
command in QR :
1.CSD
2.R1
3.Capt.
4.red cup
5.BC
6.Engeneer
7.F/O

skytrax
7th Jun 2008, 22:30
you guys seem to have a lot of problems between yourselves in QR. If the management makes your life hard (as far as I read) why dont you respect each other at least?
Pita mate your atitude is disgusting!

CEO PITA
7th Jun 2008, 22:37
So is youre nick name too.
Am sure you are deep in ....

skytrax
7th Jun 2008, 22:40
and you make no sense.....maybe you ll retire soon!

Londonlads
7th Jun 2008, 22:55
Of course he will. He has been there for seven years without an upgrade!

Bangkok Layover
8th Jun 2008, 08:35
<<< Mr. BKKLayover - are you identical with Mr. BS himself? As far as I remember you didn't leave EK on the most favourable terms. Actually TD wanted you sacked but instead offered you a honourable discharge. Now even Jet couldn't stand you? Good luck with the goatliners! >>>

Mr.Machfivipointfive,

Buddy....you have got all your facts so badly wrong.I feel so sorry for you.be sure before you comment!

who is this TD? remind me please. Homesick, any idea??

your post makes me laugh so outloud......:}:D:D:O:ugh:

Bangkok Layover
8th Jun 2008, 08:38
oh.....Pita,

Not very nice mate....not at all.:=

cabinsecured
8th Jun 2008, 10:58
sometimes pita makes absurd comments but however i have to agree with him this time....hopefully the new guy can start his team with crm.7 hours flt and u dont even know ur crew.crm is the lowest here.
dont they teach greetings and thank you in training.
last week my captain approved jump seat for a csd and this person was seated in L1 ,on disembarkation this person didnt even say thank u.they think j/s is their rights.the capt was annoyed.
told the capt..dont give j/s anymore.they only person who talks to us is the r1 and csd..because they have tooooooo.
something has to be done about our team..its getting bad to worse everyday.does writing asr works.........

salamalikum2
9th Jun 2008, 12:11
CEO pita..
I fully agree with your comment about learning the cabin crew just how to say Good morning!:ok::D

Londonlads
9th Jun 2008, 14:47
Quite certain they know how to say good morning! But, most of them are probably too afraid to say anything!

MrMachfivepointfive
9th Jun 2008, 15:23
Quote: Mr.Machfivipointfive,

Buddy....you have got all your facts so badly wrong.I feel so sorry for you.be sure before you comment!

who is this TD? remind me please. Homesick, any idea??

your post makes me laugh so outloud......:}:D:D:O:ugh:

No need to remind you. I see you remember all right. All the best and keep laughing, Mr. B.

CEO PITA
9th Jun 2008, 21:09
Afraid to say anything ??? Joke ! When they come to office fear goes away and they say everything or even better writte it all .
Jump seat ? Only for one who are nice to us .

Bangkok Layover
9th Jun 2008, 23:05
Mr.Machfivipointfive,

Get over it man,u got the wrong end of the stick!

GET YOUR FACTS RIGHT !!!!!

Midland Alpha9
11th Jun 2008, 08:35
Well said Skytrax At the very least we should have respect for each other (which most of us do) CEO PITA your attitude is unhelpful:=

40&80
11th Jun 2008, 19:51
It was always nice to hear a GF godess say..."It is morning Captain."

P.Clostermann
11th Jun 2008, 20:24
Dream on my lad, dream on!