PDA

View Full Version : Looking For a Job

King Chav
4th Jun 2008, 10:47
Hi Ladies & Gents

Well, thought I would give this a bash to try and "land" myself a job within the corporate side of the industry.

I'm a lovely young man with a beautiful smile :} ..... I have 1400TT and would dearly love to get a FO position with a BizJet company.

Up to now I have been flying a turboprop .... I have 1000 hours multi-crew.

Dont care what I fly or where i'd be based (commutable roster would be nice) !

If anyone has any info or idea's please post here or PM me:ok:

Preparing for insults and abuse :cool:

King Chav

plinkton
4th Jun 2008, 11:14
Would you be prepared to pay for your own type rating?

Alphonse
4th Jun 2008, 11:55
Would you be prepared to pay for your own type rating?Uh oh, watch out for a flood of comments - especially from Flintstone........

Flintstone
4th Jun 2008, 13:05
plinkton, don't!!

Bad dog :E

JetPark
4th Jun 2008, 13:10
Hmmm....interesting debate about to start here. A subject I have mixed views on actually and as a result of having been on both ends of the spectrum during my aviation career. Not sure I have the energy to debate it either way.

King Chav
4th Jun 2008, 13:10
Yeah, of course I would pay for a type rating ....... i'd also work for free and work day and night too ....... :}

MIKECR
4th Jun 2008, 13:12
Im not willing to pay but im still after a job!:} Whether my smile is any better than King Chav's I dont know!

plinkton
4th Jun 2008, 14:09
As the Prime Minister says at Question Time on a Wednesday occasionally:

"I refer you to the answer I gave a few moments ago":

here (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?p=4084857#post4084857)

One thing that won't do you any harm is to build up a database of the operators who use the type of aircraft you wish to fly. Try G-INFO (http://www.caa.co.uk/application.aspx?catid=60&pagetype=65&appid=1).

Google the company to find it's email address, additionally post CV's if you think you need to. If you are emailing your CV as an attachment, ensure it has a document name like 'Joe Blogs CV.doc' rather than 'CV.doc', sounds silly but not everyone does this.

Personally, I would not pay for a type rating but it's your money and can't help thinking you may get a little flak for offering to do this.

Good luck

Personally I go for the 'Shotgun' approach (much in the same way you see those little cards left by friendly ladies in telephone boxes with their pictures on).

JetPark
4th Jun 2008, 14:13
:D...can't argue with that!

MIKECR
4th Jun 2008, 14:15
I guess its the shotgun then, i've tried everything else!

Arthur's Wizard
4th Jun 2008, 15:04
Mike,

What hours do you have and what is your background?

King Chav
8th Sep 2008, 19:06
OK Gang ...

I'm still on the lookout for a job within the bizjet side of the industry.

Who Wants me ? :)

Can anyone give me a hint of who is looking for a lovely young man, willing and able (ohhh errr misus) and loves flying?!

I've had enough of being a man-whore now, i'm just not cut out for it! Neither is my A***h*le !

:}