PDA

View Full Version : youtube..........for the new F.O.!!!

hollywood285
4th Jun 2008, 10:30
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RayMaswju1A&feature=related

VNA Lotus
4th Jun 2008, 12:16
pprune forum

Mercenary Pilot
4th Jun 2008, 21:48
The UK airline industry is heading in much the same direction. :(

Artie Fufkin
4th Jun 2008, 22:21
Great song though.

Mungo Man
5th Jun 2008, 09:53
I can hardly believe that, though I had heard that US regional guys got low salaries,but $17,100USD???

That's about £8,700 GBP.
Even assuming there is no tax in the US (is there?) that's £725 a month:eek:

Is it possible to live on this salary in the US?? I earnt almost twice that instructing on a Cessna in the UK and now I earn over 4 times what US regionals earn for the same job in the UK.

pablo2973
5th Jun 2008, 20:52
I´m afraid thats what low cost airlines are bringing to us ,I know they are not all low cost in the video, but they are forced to pay that little sometimes .....:\

BerksFlyer
5th Jun 2008, 21:00
They do it not because they're forced... but because they can. Only when pilots at these small US regionals start leaving abroad en masse or graduating to higher paid US jobs will the companies learn. However, even then will they continue to pay so little because the are always newly trained pilots who are happy to use them as a stepping stone.

Only when people start to think that flying as a career isn't worth it due to high training costs and ever decreasing salaries and conditions will it improve. Unfortunately this is how things go.

jamestkirk
6th Jun 2008, 21:15
I would have made a living as a stripper. Although, not many women find man boobs a turn on.