PDA

View Full Version : How many European carriers operate N reg aircraft?

Kengineer-130
4th Jun 2008, 09:44
Due to my eyesight, i can only qualify for an FAA ATPL, not JAA :mad::ugh:, I was just wondering how many companies operate N reg aircraft in europe? Be interesting to see if I could get a job in europe rarther than the states :ok:

AlphaMale
4th Jun 2008, 14:20
Best bet would be the BizJet Ops I'd imagine?

TelBoy
4th Jun 2008, 15:48
If you don't have the right to work in the US, you will not get it just by being a pilot.

However there are many operators in the UK that operate N reg, usually Biz type operators. Sorry don't have any lists - would like some myself!!

Also check out the new Isle of Man M reg (Manx) as they will accept any ICAO licence.

Now a word of caution. When the EASA take over FCL in Europe (2009 at the latest!!) they are looking to the N reg aircraft based in the EU and to make the flight crews have EASA medicals (which will be the same as JAA). I think they are also looking at technical issues with the aircraft certification as well.

However I see the above being frought with problems for them, so we will have to see what happens.

I am in a similar situation to you. Colour Vision is my problem - unrestricted FAA medical, but restricted class 1 CAA. When the EASA take over I might even loose what small commercial chance I have as the other JAA states have no deviation for colour vision and the UK CAA is the only member to at least give us some chance (daylight instructing).

The FAA ticket is well thought of in the Middle East and Africa and there are some contract jobs that you can spend one month on and one off, so I have heard.

Good luck mate, hope this gives some food for thought.

bear11
5th Jun 2008, 17:23
Bizjets for you, methinks. There are some operators in Europe who swop aircraft over and back to the US with US operators on a seasonal basis and have crews with FAA licences, but they also have JAA licences as they don´t need to give their crewing guys heart attacks with little options.

Working on contracts in the Middle East for example is do-able, but you´re better off in the LHS as many countries won´t want to give validations to F/Os and if they do, upgrades are more than likely to go to locals as the airline think you will clear off as soon as you have LHS hours.