PDA

View Full Version : Armed Forces second to beauty therapists, and equal to hairdressers

airborne_artist
4th Jun 2008, 09:42
In the City and Guilds Job happiness survey here (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/2072384/Beauty-therapist-and-hairdressers-are-happiest-workers.html)

1 Beauty Therapists
2= Hairdressers and Armed Forces
4 Catering/Chefs
5 Retail Staff
6=Teachers, Marketing/PR and Accountants
9= Secretaries/Receptionists, Plumbers, Engineers and Architects

Are you as happy as the person who snips your locks? Discuss :ok:

TommyGun
4th Jun 2008, 09:57
As someone who wants to join the forces, I'm hoping the girls in the RAF are as attractive as the the girl who snips my locks!

Chox Away
4th Jun 2008, 11:19
Strikes me that there is a slight disparity between what this report suggests and what the government think. As recent as April 2008 a ‘Parliament Moderator’ suggested there was a recruitment and retention problem in the Armed Forces:

“There are signs that the number of men and women leaving the Armed Forces voluntarily might be increasing and the Committee is interested in understanding why. “

Why would the Armed Forces be experiencing an increase in numbers of personnel leaving voluntarily if they were happy with their lot as this survey suggests?

I wonder if this is an attempt to paint the Services in a good light in order to improve recruitment.

LBGR
4th Jun 2008, 11:34
What has this got to do with military aviation? This is just another inane thread put on by somebody who is obviously very bored and has nothing better to do.

What has this got to do with the thread? This is just another inane post, posted by somebody who is obviously very bored and has nothing better to do.

If your not interested, don't post, go somewhere else and find something better to do. :ok:

Gainesy
4th Jun 2008, 11:42
Anyhoo, most Drill Instructors are beauty therapists, as in: "I'll wipe that grin off yer face laddy".

Come to think of it, they were all hair style advisors too.

formertonkaplum
4th Jun 2008, 11:57
I bet the survey asked numerous AIR heads for their thoughts. With the amount they get for the return, I am not surprised they said Pay wasn't an issue.

These surveys should be done at the coal-face. I know what our crew room would tell them and it would not reflect that Propoganda !!!

Stitchbitch
4th Jun 2008, 12:11
TommyGun, if your idea of good looking is 'battleaxe' off Gladiators then you've come to the right place :E

TommyGun
4th Jun 2008, 13:23
SB, I was hoping for more Inferno or Ice types...

TommyGun
4th Jun 2008, 13:25
VG, still on RAF website ...

http://www.raf.mod.uk/news/archive.cfm?storyid=4861FB68-1143-EC82-2E71985272AC28C9

VitaminGee
4th Jun 2008, 13:34
Thanks TG - just been told of other sites as well. One seems to have been posting bo££ocks - not for the first time !! Post removed!