PDA

View Full Version : EFIS Simulator

Pete the Pilot
22nd Sep 2000, 00:44
Sometime ago now I saw an EFIS simulator as an add on to Flight Simulator 2000.

You could fly complete routes on EFIS and therefore get familiar with the way it works. I can't find it now that I need it.

Where's it at?

twistedenginestarter
22nd Sep 2000, 01:04
Try rcsimulations (.co.uk?). They have everything.

If you want the real thing you should forget Microsoft, spend £180 approx and get Precision Simulator that is more or less exactly a 747-400. I believe nowadays you can even specify engine type.

packsonflite
22nd Sep 2000, 12:00
Pete

I have a copy that was an unwanted gift. I was given it just days before I heard that I was starting an A320 course, so I now fly the real thing. It's yours for a tenner if you want it. E-mail me at [email protected]

mik
22nd Sep 2000, 13:25
If you buy Precision Simulator, you'll also want to get Bill Bulfer's Big Boeing FMC User's Guide (unless you already have an FMC manual).

Pete the Pilot
22nd Sep 2000, 13:55
No it's not hanging out at Rcsimulations.

Jetset Willy
22nd Sep 2000, 14:42
http://www.papatango.com/html/PRODUCTS/EFIS/default.htm

Not sure if they have released an FS2000 version yet, but you can download a patch to make it compatible.

Cheers
Jetset

Pete the Pilot
22nd Sep 2000, 17:41
Thanks jet, that's what I was looking for. Is EFIS the same in Boeing and Airbus aircraft or are there suttle differences?

reynoldsno1
22nd Sep 2000, 18:43
The PFD and ND are essentially the same in Boeings and Airbus, but the engine/systems indicating & monitoring systems (EICAS/ECAM) are somewhat different in basic design philosophy.

What_does_this_button_do?
29th Sep 2000, 18:01
Where do you get Bill Bulfer's Big Boeing FMC User's Guide from? Amazon?, no.....

Canuck_AV8R
29th Sep 2000, 18:42
Try going here for Bill's FMC manuals. They are the bible for the Boeing FMC.
http://www.firstnethou.com/fmcman

PCav8or
1st Oct 2000, 07:31
Beware of PS1. There are some major problems configuring the sound. I've had it for about 6 months & just can't get the sound set up. Thinking of buying an older machime to run pure DOS with an old SB 16 sound card. Might sort out the problem...

------------------
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Blue Skies & Happy Landings