PDA

View Full Version : Is no news always good news?

bedbug
4th Jun 2008, 04:58
Hello all,

I've heard ppl say that no news is always good news, in that HR usually drops you a rejection email pretty soon after a stage if you don't qualify. I've finished my 1st CPP interview and have been waiting for an anwser for almost 1 month now. Is it possible that HR does not send out rejection letters anymore, that if you don't get a call within a couple of weeks it just means that you didn't pass?
Getting a little antsy. :uhoh: Not sure I should call and enquire just yet. Could ppl share their experiences please? thanks a bunch!

holdmetight
4th Jun 2008, 07:44
can't speak for the HRs as i am not one of them. but GENERALLY, no news is good news. it all really depends on a lot of factors... go figure.

have to say though, if you are local CXCPP applicant, then you're probably well on your way to your Stage 2, if you have already been waiting that long. they like to keep people waiting! however if you are doing the KACPP then you have probably been rejected - if you don't receive any feedback within 2 weeks after your last selection, game over.

bedbug
4th Jun 2008, 09:11
Thanks fer your reply holdmetight,

As i'm applying for CX CPP, i guess its positive news yer giving me! :)
Just wish they'd call me to tell me i'm through at least. Then i can wait 3 months and it wouldn't be too bad. :p

cx252
4th Jun 2008, 11:51
Try not to push them according to my own experience. As i remember I posted exactly same question here to ask wether should I contact them holdmetightsaid the same thing to me which had comforted me but in other day when I was up, I started to fired up by email and the day after that I
got their rejection email. and YES, I guess its sort of strategic by them, I was pretty confident for first 2 rounds, until they let me waited around 2 weeks without any feedback, I became nervous ended up and I would say Im so regret to push them up.

SO DO NOT PUSH THEM AT ALL IF YOU ARE CONFIDENT, JUST LEAVE IT UNTIL THEY CONTACT YOU. well, thats my own experience anyway. :ugh:

holdmetight
4th Jun 2008, 12:06
cx252,

dude cheer up. you will have your turn in the future:)

cx252
4th Jun 2008, 12:32
thanks mate, so lets wish we all CX wannabe flying high ! :D

bedbug
4th Jun 2008, 14:23
hehe thanks for the advice,
I'll keep waiting for that 2747 call then!
Its Day 22, + 10 hours...:ouch:

and hope to see you next year one way or another cx252!
btw holdmetight, may I enquire as to whether you are a CP graduate?:)

holdmetight
5th Jun 2008, 10:02
may I enquire as to whether you are a CP graduate?

no i am not. i did my selection from late-November and mid-December 2007 but did not make it past Stage 2. there are things in life you can give up, but never, ever your dream. so if you didn't make it the first round, keep plugging on, improving yourself and you will make it yours eventually.

Flying Fat Angelo
10th Jun 2008, 03:50
holdmetight - i went through my selection process about the same time, had my interview in december after the testing in october. are you re-applying later this year? i can't wait! ive had some more flying lessons and studying up on my BAK!

it's true what they say - you know within 1 week if you're unsuccessful, but they'll keep you waiting up to 1 month or more if you get through.

best of luck everyone!! :):ok:

Cavallier
10th Jun 2008, 04:45
What are you doing up at that time Angelo??

The Cav:cool:

cx252
10th Jun 2008, 15:13
you know within 1 week if you're unsuccessful, but they'll keep you waiting up to 1 month or more if you get through.
:ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh: :ugh::ugh::ugh

holdmetight
11th Jun 2008, 10:17
holdmetight - i went through my selection process about the same time, had my interview in december after the testing in october. are you re-applying later this year?

trying again is definitely on the cards, though not anytime soon due to personal reasons.

good luck with your application! :)

Bedbug, how is your application coming along? have they replied you yet?