PDA

View Full Version : Ciampino base

eahlund
4th Jun 2008, 00:10
Ciao,
Ive just been based in CIA. Where do most pilots based in CIA live? where can one commute fairly easily from? Will i need a car? Central Rome or too the south of the airport? I do not speak italien (yet!) so please try to keep the answers either in English (or Swedish) ;)
cheers

iFabio2
4th Jun 2008, 06:43
Ciao eahlund,

I am not yet a pilot :) but I think I can give you some advices since I live in that area. If you have a car everything will be easier of course (meaning to commute from any neighborhood around or in rome), but I would still suggest you to live in the east, south east external boundaries of the GRA (which his the highway rink around rome) in order not to waste time stuck in some traffic jam (and they happen all the time). If you are not planning to get a car then, you can think of any neighborhood which is near the railway station which gets to ciampino (though if you love nature and quiet places I'd suggest you to go a bit further outside rome like frascati, colonna, valmontone, which are all small towns but with a lot of fresh air and peace :) and cheaper than rome for rent and food.

Let me know if you need some more details
fabio

Ayrton
4th Jun 2008, 13:19
in CIA there is nothing, Ciampino town is empty..there is a Chinese Restaurant..an ice cream parlour and a small pizzeria...it's better for you to have fun with the f/a...:E

I-ENRJ
4th Jun 2008, 17:59
Ciampino? is better to live in Cairo city...........

eahlund
5th Jun 2008, 13:12
thank you all for the help and especially thanks for the china restuarant recommendation, hate cooking anyways ;)

My college and I who both got Ciampino are looking in the region south southeast of the airport near the popes summerbungalow. ;)
anyone have any contacts there that might have a nice 3-4 bedroom apartment for rent?

JCM5
5th Jun 2008, 15:58
As you guys I'm trying to find and apartment at CIA area because I'm going to start there, at the latest, next month. I will let you know if I find sthg.

I think It'd be a good idea to keep in touch, eh? I do like chinese food, too :rolleyes:

eahlund
14th Jun 2008, 07:43
jcm5 check your pm.