PDA

View Full Version : Annual Leave Tickets not Confirmed in QA!!

A320 Man
3rd Jun 2008, 23:28
Several pilots trying to issue the annual leave "cofirmed seats" tickes as usual, they were shocked when the staff travel personnel issued them "seat available" tickets, according to a new memo from HR to the staff travel !!!!

They were informed that Flight Deck annual tickets will have priority only over the ID90 tickets, but if the plane is full with pax, sorry, try another day!!!!

If this happens to me I am resigning tomorrow.
Thanks QA!

KRUGERFLAP
4th Jun 2008, 03:44
What a f..........:}

kotakota
4th Jun 2008, 06:57
Big deal ............even BA used to do the same to Captains on their annual 'Firm' free First-class . Annoying , but at least the company was trying to maximise its revenue.
What REALLY irritated us was the fact that various 'IT' 'experts' were given priority over us even if they had just joined the company , an abuse of the strict seniority system which ruled everyones life in BA. Apparently they were hard to find in the mid-90s !!

harry the cod
4th Jun 2008, 07:11
Kotakota

Without wishing to put down your post, there's a World of difference between the BA 'yearly First' and the Annual leave tickets that are issued here in the ME.

The ALT's are a contractual ticket to allow you and the Family to travel 'home', not 'holiday'. EK in particular limit the destination during the first 3 years to your home place and this is set in stone. This is the whole purpose of the ticket. After that, it can be changed each year. It is firm, however, if the flight is overbooked you would be entitled to the same rights as a full fare passenger. Very rare for this to occur.

You guys in QR need to start voting with your feet. Easier said than done , I know, but that's just shocking. People are trying to get back to family for god's sake, not bog off to Barbados!

Harry

nsfw
4th Jun 2008, 07:22
It is the same here at EY, not confirmed. Complete bs :mad:

wrightbrother
4th Jun 2008, 07:26
Time to abandon ship then :ok:

A320 Man
4th Jun 2008, 07:43
Harry, I totally agree with you, I am sure that QA knows it is wrong, otherwise it would not be done in secrecy.
We are here to work hard then travel back home to see our family and follow up stuff, they cannot just deny us that.
If we have to work in a concentration camp like this, I guess we have to look for a commuting contract somewhere else, Asian airlines are giving good offers, commuting back home or even based in the USA.
Try Korean, Jet Airways, China Airlines, Vietnam...etc.

salamalikum2
4th Jun 2008, 08:37
This may be one of the think that will keep people in Q.A.: commuting or crew based... outside Doha..!!But before they start doing that...
Regarding annual leave ticket, i'm afraid this is nothing new here: if the flight is fully or over-booked, you will not have priority on "regular' passenger eventhought you have an annual ticket..!
It's a real pity i known, excpecially for such airlines (where 80 or 90% of the workforce are expats!!), and for the crew who are just looking to go home for holiday!
But do they really care about this..No Way. Not in this part of the world!

A320 Man
4th Jun 2008, 09:09
Commuting contracts are the target of many airlines now, it attracts many pilots and make them work hard since there is a light at the end of the tunnel.
you work for continuous period of time –usually 4 to 8 weeks, then go home for 2 or 3 weeks.
----------------------
e.g.
A320 / A321 Captain positions available in Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam for a 2 year contract, ongoing thereafter. Experience: Last A320 Sim Check less than 6 months old Total Time: 6,000 hrs + Total Command Jet Time: 3,000 hrs + Total A320 PIC Time: 1,500 hrs + Under 56 Benefits: Excellent contract terms & commuting ! 6 week on , 2 weeks off with tickets for days off anywhere on Vietnam Airlines network Please contact Kim Bell at Rishworth Aviation by email at: [email protected] ph: 64 9 302 0080 fax: 64 9 302 0078 *** Please ensure you register online www.rishworthaviation.com***

OR
REF: 976 A320 Captains - China - PAY INCREASE & BONUS!!
Base: Xian, China Start: ASAP Type: A319/320/321 Experience: Need to have flown on type within the last 6 months. Total Time: 4,000 + hrs Total A320 PIC Time: 500 + hrs Under 53 years at date of joining Benefits: Excellent contract terms!! Commuting contract with 6 weeks on, 2 weeks off

OR
REF 899: B777 Captains *Korean Air*
Duration: 5 year term, renewable Base: Anywhere on the KAL network B777 Captains Experience: 300+ PIC hours on B777 3000+ hours total PIC time Under the age of 57 at date of joining Flown on type within last 24 months Pay Increase! Great terms and conditions, commuting contract, bonus payments, insurance, per diem ... Job Role: Captain/s | Job Hours: Full-Time | Location: Unspecified | Job Position: Contract | Published Date: 22 May 2008

OR
REF 664: B777 Captains - NEW IMPROVED TERMS!
Duration: Long term Base: Various bases available worldwide Start: Flexible TREs, TRIS and Line Captains for excellent opportunity! Qualifications: - Min 500 h PIC on B777, or - Min 100 h PIC on B777 and 1000 hrs PIC total. Need to have flown B777 as PIC within the last 12 months. Can fly up to 65th birthday if ... Job Role: Flight Crew | Job Hours: Full-Time | Location: India | Job Position: Contract | Published Date: 23 May 2008 02:36:07

REF 922: A330 Captains Duration: 5 years renewable Base: Anywhere on KAL network Start: Negotiable A330 Captains urgently required for exciting long term contract. Experience: 500+ PIC hours on type 2000+ PIC Airline Transport Hrs Flown on type within 24 months Age: 58 years and under. Pay Increase! Benefits packag ... Job Role: Captain/s | Job Hours: Full-Time | Location: South Korea | Job Position: Contract | Published Date: 07 May 2008 02:58:00

Tintin
4th Jun 2008, 09:16
Normal?? BS if we deadhead to opperate a flight do pax full fair have priority??? If QR want to maximise revenue that way I have no problem. Do outside basing. Wanna save on the housing, no prob outside basing. Wanna save on annual leave, hey what about outside basing. If they want attract and retain the crew, here an idea, outside basing. How many crew will have stayed with QR but had to leave because the family could not stay in doha anymore? How many crew who are still hanging here but there familly already left and they are on the lookout for another job?? Here a simple solution outside basing.

Most major expat employer did understand that and do basing and/or cummuting ( cathay, all chinese airline, korean, asiana, ect) even the not so major do so, vietnam, sri lankan,

Only in the middle east don't and let me tell you this, one day some of them will realize where there stubbornness lead them....

A320 Man
4th Jun 2008, 09:46
The airlines are offering commuting contracts now in many parts of the world especially in Asia; this is the best way to attract pilots from all over.
You will work hard for 4 to 6 weeks, then go home for 2 or 3 weeks.

Examples: Vietnam Airlines: A321 and 777 pilots: commuting ! 6 week on , 2 weeks off with tickets for days off
OR
Commuting contract with different roster patterns available- 6 weeks on duty/ 2 weeks off duty, 5 on duty, 3 off and 4 on duty and 4 off with tickets home on route network for days off, plus ID tickets!

OR Korean Airlines: 777 and 330 pilots: commuting contract based anywhere on KAL network.

OR China, Xian 320/321/319 captains: Commuting contract with 6 weeks on, 2 weeks off.

I guess it is a good idea for Qatar Airways to start attracting pilots or more important prevent them from leaving.

NG_Kaptain
4th Jun 2008, 10:40
For info...EY confirmed Y, upgradeable to F or J depending on rank. Recently used it. J out and Y back, am entitled to F.

goldstar
4th Jun 2008, 10:49
what about the letter that was issued regarding ALT dated AUG 29TH 2007 REMEMBER : THIS INSTRUCTION IS CRYSTAL CLEAR. QUOTE
DO NOT OFF-LOAD

A320 Man
4th Jun 2008, 11:36
Goldstar, that was in 2007, I called a friend who tried to confirm his annual leaveticket on Monday, he was shown a memo from HR (no A.L.T to be confirmed).

Let us go to the staff travel and ask.

We all know how often rules are changing here, and most of the times not to our favor.

QTRminator
4th Jun 2008, 20:14
When I read this HR-memo about 2 weeks ago at stafftravel, I interpreted it to be for CC only, it said nothing about flight deck crew. I hope its a missunderstanding from the stafftravel guys, otherwise.... it really sucks!!!

huckleberry58
4th Jun 2008, 20:27
well nothing to be done, it's not like we can up and leave is it.

A320 Man
5th Jun 2008, 02:46
We will not leave tomorrow, but after 3 months !! most of my friends who got this info are already looking for another airlines. Etihad is the main target.

I called my chief pilot today, her confirmed the news, no firm seats for pilots for the annual leave tickets!!

I can imaging myself going to the airport everyday trying to leave in a busy summer season, and most important trying to come back, looking for a hotel in my connecting station and try again next day!!
I wonder how many days we will lose, and what if I miss a my next duty if I was not able to board? I guess I will get fired? or at least a warning letter???
No, thanks, I think I will outta here soon.

viewpoint
5th Jun 2008, 05:23
I really don't understand how QR, I'ts trying to hire pilots,and at the same time, they are making their best for loosing those they have, if this is really happening, plus the inflation 17%, plus the devaluation of the qr. , plus no provident found, plus no salary increase, plus stupid rules and BS from the management ( stupid memos, and lak of suport to pilots ), plus stupid rooster, It's just too much!!!!!!!, time to fly, to the far, far east or may be not that far......

salamalikum2
5th Jun 2008, 05:56
Can anybody explain me WHY Qatar Airways NEVER missed any opportunity when it comes to sack the morale and the motivation of his crew??:ugh:
Thanks!

hairy plotter
5th Jun 2008, 06:13
that's the way it goes guys. can you imagine what's it going to be like once the market took the down turn? Get out as long as you can. You're just freaking number in devil's pocket. Anything is better than QR. :yuk:

P.Clostermann
5th Jun 2008, 12:45
As far as I am concerned, I still have the June 2007 memo clearly stating that my annual leave ticket IS confirmed!

I carry it with me until the date I receive a superseding memo from MY management!

If now somebody wants my seat on my way back from annual leave, fine ...TAKE IT!
Ill stay home a bit longer, send an email to my CP that I was bumped of the flight regardless of my confirmed seat. Let’s hope they still have a standby to do my flight then!

These people should start realizing that all their idiot changes of rules can have HUGE consequences!
A laborer, as per his contract, gets one confirmed ticket home every 2 or 3 years. But his ticket is confirmed as this is part of the Qatari labor law.
As a flight deck crew member, since I am contracted as skilled laborers, I am entitled for one confirmed ticket home per year for me and my family.
This is NOT a QR thing, it is the Qatari Labor law!

The only privilege QR gives me is that I can get an F ticket in case there are seats available. But that is ALL they CAN revoke!

So BIG HR hotshots, go on and continue to act in your unprofessional amateuristic way of doing things.

But be ready to face the consequences of your acts!

The whole staff travel thing is BS anyway. QR acts like they are doing us a great favor!
Think about it...staff travelers only occupy seats which would have been left empty anyway when travelling on ID90/ID50.
So here we are, paying 10% or 50% of the actual HIGHEST ticket price in the system.

We are the ones making money for the airline here, at least they get some money for their seat!

And now, it is not there to cover the price of the catering on board!

On an average, an economy class meal costs 1.5USD, a first class meal costs up to 15USD.....so come on....

CEO PITA
5th Jun 2008, 13:02
How you are treated you can do the same to ailrine .
NO direct routings
NO capt discretion for extending duty
NO minimum fuel
NO low drag approach ( full flaps and gear down at 3000 ft )
NO flying on off days
enjoj AAB we can make you pay one way or the other

A320 Man
5th Jun 2008, 13:11
A new "hot shot" manager is appointed lately as a Space Control Manager, what is his first decision?? Don't confirm pilot's A.L.T's , the staff travel personnel shows him the CEO memo that we have confirmed seats, what did he answer?????

He said: "this memo is too old, it is outdated" !!!!!!

How dare he?? So our operation manual is too old?? I won’t follow it's rule?? So is my contract, I am here for too long!

I want to know if this space controller advised the CEO, and got a green light?? Or just acting out of pure ignorance and short sight??

The Flight Ops management is talking to the HR and maybe the CEO to solve and clear the matter, but the damage is done, pilots who were traveling this month have no confirmation, and pilots who applied to other airlines started to get positive replies !!!!

Mr. Space Control Manager: Please try to control the empty space you created in the cockpits of Qatar Airways when the pilots leave!!!

loc22550
5th Jun 2008, 14:37
If this new "hot shot" manager acted like that(by by-passing the CEO memo), i think he may be send home straight away by the CEO with a one way ticket...and a confirmed one! :)

Cpt. off the hook
5th Jun 2008, 15:15
gents it's all same same shake head bullsh^t
Will it ever going to be different NO
Will they ever care BIG NO
will they always try to screw us BIG BIG YES

why? simply cause we are the useless bunch of school dropouts in there eyes for sure and because CEO is a pilot wannabe and a failure to launch:yuk:

CEO PITA is right for once hit them hard where it hearts most:D

botaxgendeng
5th Jun 2008, 16:00
is it true? how about memo with AJ signed regarding this still valid?
so far, I knew that from staff travelling that one flight only confirmed seat with annual status max 5 peoples.
ur u A 320 booked the same day after 5 confirmed seat ?
another suffering for QA family:{

Johny Walker
5th Jun 2008, 16:56
AJ doesn't know what he's signing. All those managers wannabes are useless but more importantly they have no power even to sh&t in their pants.
This is just a beginning prepare for a f&&k up big time. The little man will revert to his true nature soon. His come back won't be pleasant at all.
It's time to hit the road till then .83 no discretion and all the not allowed stuff is welcome. What to do

P.Clostermann
5th Jun 2008, 19:06
sounds to me we all know what to do then hey! Ill start tonight on a verry long flight!

unfortunately there are too many spineless pilots in this outfit ....no solidarity!

salamalikum2
6th Jun 2008, 13:56
Regarding qatari labour law..:
Anybody well informed can confirme the end of service benefit in Q.A.:
3 weeks of the basic/year of service, becoming 4 weeks of the basic after 5 years of service...?Right..?:sad:

Smirnoff N21
6th Jun 2008, 17:47
It always amazes me why people can't get information available to the whole world. Just type into google qatari labour law and you'll get it. No offence mate. Here you go:
Article (54)
In addition to any sums to which the worker is entitled to upon the expiry of his service, the employer shall pay the end of service gratuity to the worker who has completed employment of one year or more. This gratuity shall be agreed upon by the two parties, provided that it is not less than a three-week wage for every year of employment. The worker shall be entitled to gratuity for the fractions of the year in proportion to the duration of employment. The worker's service shall be considered continuous if it is terminated in cases other than those stipulated in article (61) of this Law and is returned to service within two months of its termination. The last basic wage shall be the base for the calculation of the gratuity. The employer is entitled to deduct from the service gratuity the amount due to him by the worker.
In other words it stays with 3 weeks but from the last basic.
Don't take it personally take it on the rocks!!!:ok:

salamalikum2
6th Jun 2008, 18:17
Well...
.." NOT LESS than 3 weeks wage.".:bored:
So the answer is... For Qatar Airways...??
Iguess.. 3 weeks.

togaluck
8th Jun 2008, 17:14
I heard that someone actually went to the ceo and asked him about the ALT issue for pilots and according to him, we HAVE firm ALT, I would not be surprised if some IMBECILE misread the memo meant for cabin crew (which in my opinion is stupid also) and applied it pilots.
This shows that in this company any IDIOT behind a desk can decide that your life is will be a living hell just because of ignorance and stupidity, I wonder what nationality he is!!?? He or she should be fired, crucified and burnt, but i guess he/she will just become upper management.

Imagine the consequences that would have had on us trying to go on leave having one QR tkt subjet to space, 3 days of your leave spent at the doha airport trying to get a space for you AND your family..!! and not to mention another losing your non-refundable-unchangeable-completely-restricted tkt as usually they are for connecting flight.
Makes you wonder, where is my contract? where is it black and white that we have these benefits? ANY benefits? we can lose them anytime... beware....

cheers

Smirnoff N21
8th Jun 2008, 18:04
togaluck wish you luck searching for an answer.
As you've correctly mentioned many guys don't have a contract. That funny offer of employment isn't an employment contract even though at the first glance it fulfills the requirements of such. It's what it is a offer nothing more nothing less. Just beware of it. In that case the labour law applies in full scope meaning 3 month notice is out of the window. It's just one month. Saw the other day a memo from HR stating that the employee handbook will be prepared to be published online for review. Let's see if it's ever comes true like all the other promisses about pension contracts etc. So far just words.
P.S Employee handbook contains details about all the benefits and entitlements as well as application of rules etc.

P.Clostermann
8th Jun 2008, 21:38
And the answer is....

3 weeks basic salary per year of duty for the first 5 years

4 weeks of basic salary per year of duty starting from day 1 of year 6

5 weeks as soon as you pass 10 years ( YEAH RIGHT!)

(to be correct, the people at finance dept work with 21 days, 28 days and 34 days)

Any bond, any day sick without med certif, etc will be deducted from this!

As well as the latest thing whch I am sure you all found in your mailbox....the deduction for the 0.5% basic salary pay in outstation iso the 1.5% which have been paid to us!

salamalikum2
9th Jun 2008, 12:03
Thanks Clostermann.

Oh yes i forgot..5 weeks after 10 years in Q.A.:\
Great i think we gone be rich...excpecially if devaluation goes on like that.:uhoh:

A320 Man
9th Jun 2008, 20:32
I guess that the happiest pilots now are those who did not accept to work on their days off !!! for the rest of us we have to pay back the difference between 0.5% and 1.5%.
Another lesson on loyalty from QA!

salamalikum2
10th Jun 2008, 04:57
A320 man.Wrong.
0.5% is only for day off oustide Doha!(as mentioned on the last salary pay scale:april 2007, but they made a mistake by paying 1.5% for those days off as well..):ugh:
Days off in Doha remains at 1.5%.
But still with the infaltion and the devalaution of this stupid Q.riyal peg to the dollars..:ugh:i didn't really feel that i was ""OVERPAID" by Q.A..as mentioned on the letter...:ouch:
Cheers

A320 Man
10th Jun 2008, 05:34
Salamalikum2, thanks for the detailed explanation, but do we have a choice of working or not working on a day off outside Doha??

A320 Man
10th Jun 2008, 05:42
Guys, returning to the main subject of this forum, did any of you get an official answer via Aims or email on the situation regarding the confirmation on A.L.T?

Like " Togaluck" said earlier, someone asked the CEO, and he said the confirmed seats are still there!
It was always there when that new space control manager denied us the seats lately, so I am hoping for an updated memo, or an internal memo for staff travel personnel.

Black Stain
10th Jun 2008, 06:31
Confirmed annual leave tickets with the Goat are worth nothing anyway. Myself, wife and two kids were off-loaded using confirmed seat annual leave tickets during SIN transit by Goat Staff in 2006. Flight overbooked with :mad: housemaids. Those goat :mad: at check-in wouldn't even talk to me until after the flight had left.

After the fact they made zero effort to get us on another flight. Three days in a hotel for the family at my expense and one duty missed. I'd probably still be there now if the then Chief Pilot had not stepped in.

And the Goat King wonders why his staff are pissed??

shneidertrophy
10th Jun 2008, 10:09
i received a strange, badly written, rather amateursitic message in my AIMS inbox stating that all policies remained the same regarding flight deck staff travel.

Well, at least thats the only thing I could make of the message.

Smirnoff N21
10th Jun 2008, 11:24
I hope at least the repatriation tickets are confirmed:eek::eek::eek:

KRUGERFLAP
10th Jun 2008, 11:26
:DLOL , I hope so.

instruc231
10th Jun 2008, 11:39
What is next ..school fee..we are looking for more money to mach the inflation and they are thinking of reducing the benefits...good luck :D

salamalikum2
10th Jun 2008, 12:32
Black Stain..Even housemaid in Doha received a real confirmed ticket by their sponsor to travel back home....Not us apparently..!

What's next...well i guess we gone lose soon or later the transport allowance (1500 qr/month) as now we have a parking.As this allowance was introduced following parking problem here.Surprised we still have it...!
No worry i guess soon or later each of us we are going to recieve a personnal notice telling us that we have been "overpaid" by 1500 Qr/month from such a date till such a date.. and they gone deduct it from our salary for the next 24 months or whatever.....:ugh::ugh:
Just a matter of time...

KRUGERFLAP
10th Jun 2008, 13:08
it happened already. Days off outstation overpaid as they say.Will be Deduct in instalments in 20 months or so.:ugh:
Now how can u be sure this is right or no:mad:

Tintin
10th Jun 2008, 13:24
salamalikum2, you are wrong the transport allowance was there way before the parking problem it's because we have no transport provide by the company thats all.

Now can somebody explain the concept fror the day off that we work? of course with my job that when they will call me of make me work on my day off I will not stay in doha. Is it when they call you where you are?? of if your day off was off station???

salamalikum2
10th Jun 2008, 14:14
Right: well yes and no...
Transport allowance has been increased 1.5 year back by 1000QR following car parking problem..(people had to take taxi to come to work...).It use to be 400 or 500Qr/month for long time.
Otherwise i don't see any reason to increase transport allowance: gas hasn't increased...that's probably the only think here.:uhoh:( sorry it has increased by 0.1 Qr/liter ..5.. years back,but still..).

Days off "compensation" allowance in Doha or down Route eventhough they have the same denomination are 2 DIFFERENT thinks.

-Compensation In Doha: In case they call you for a duty on a day off when you are at home in Doha and you accept to fly. (you get 1.5/30 of your monthly basic per days off "cancelled" or posponed).

-compensation Down route: In case on your Roster you have a "days off" mentioned during your layover.(you get 0.5/30 of your basic per days OFF).
Nothing to do with being called or not for duty.

CEO PITA
10th Jun 2008, 20:03
There is always a way :
No direct routing
Low level high speed
gear,flaps at 3000 FT
Delay flight
no capt discretion
We can make airline to spend more $$$ then anyone can imagine .
If ailrine dont care how will i get home during my leave or how much i pay the school fees and how much do i rent house or hows my roster and if airline want to make captian and F/o as Karwa drivers and cabin crew is somthing given by god ,if ailrine dont care the $ goes down and oure salary is devaluated for 35 % in 2 y why should we care about airline money.

CEO PITA
10th Jun 2008, 20:10
In Q.A in 7 y i saw 6 GMFO ,11 CP,3 CT ,.....
We have management which change with weather .
Only one person served long time Mr Salia K ( its becouse he didnt saw the day light ) he is always so deep and its so dark inside .
Every year we have new people promising us things will change we will do this and that but O is done .After 1-2 y they are gone and online tell you how QR is bad and so on but they where there all full of motivation just same time a go .
Change will only happen when the source of problem is removed (terminated) !

A320 Man
29th Jun 2008, 07:47
Dear Pilots, beware that few pilots tried to travel on their annual leave using the "confirmed" A.L.Ticket, and they were not allowed.
the counter staff told them they have a memo from the space control manager that no confirmed seats fore deck crew !!
As a result, 1 capt. family were denied boarding to Tripoli (travelled on the 3rd trial), another f/o family to IAD offloaded after being accepted initially!! but travelled next day! another capt family were forced to wait till 50 minutes before T/O to Amman, but travelled after seats were available!!!
It seems that some "secret" instructions are still there not to consider our confirmed seats!!
I hope any "Manager" or Chief Pilot would talk to the CEO to re-issue the instructions of our seats being confirmed (Again).
P.S. All these events happened last week.

P.Clostermann
30th Jun 2008, 09:10
This is normal, and if you would have been here long enough you would know what happened here.

Crazy manager sends out memo one month ago whereby it is being said that there are no more confirmed seats!
This guy is new at the job and thinks he can change the world, so he act like a chicken without a head, and issues this memo without checking contracts or even the employees manual!

One week later he gets pulled back because the company realizes the damage done. We receive a dodgy message in AIMS saying that no changes in policy are there for FD crew.

Crazy manager is pissed of, so he " forgets" to send an amendment to his previous message to all ground stations!

Crew still stuck on rare occasions.

If this would ever happen to me, or to you, the solution is very simple:

1) Ask responsible at the counter for a written copy of the memo.
2) Call your CP (his deputy, the secretary, whatever) and tell him what has happened.
3) Tell him as well that you will be at home having a beer, awaiting the final solution for this problem.

You will see how fast things can move around here as long as you pull the correct strings!

There is a reasons we have confirmed tickets home guys....its because we are a little bit less replacable on our flights than for example cabin crew!
This is the only way they can be sure we are back on time!

We also have the legal right, according to our contracts AND the Qatari labour law, to go home once a year and this HAS to be done with a normal confirmed ticket for you AND your family!

Now one of the newly hired hot shots wants to change that single handedly...fine...let him do that! But he will have to face the consequences for his actions!

[/LIST]

A320 Man
30th Jun 2008, 12:17
Dear Clostermann,

Your plan will work if you are returning from home to DOH for work, but I feel sad when I hear about a these pilots who tried to leave DOH on their annual leave and lose few days trying to board a plane.

I still think that we sheould get a "non dodgy" clear official letter recently dated and sign by a the CEO, Ground Handling Manager or EVAPO to have in our hands to avoid any problems.

shneidertrophy
30th Jun 2008, 15:21
For some reason I only ever experienced problems when traveling out of Doha.

Staff travel in Doha, except for maybe one guy, is really useless!

The only thing which sometimes help is to DEMAND to see the manager on duty and show him any memo we have. I always have with me the famous 2007 letter as well as a print out of that letter we had directed to us via the crew login system.

This usually helps out of Doha...

But I agree, a renewed and straight forward letter from the management would/could do wonders!

Maybe a good introduction for our newly joined Captain Bill!:ok:

OrryFace
30th Jun 2008, 19:51
Forget Qatari labor law, my friend. It has never been proved to apply to QR. It does not apply to housemaids, laborers, security guards, agricultural workers...and 'quasi government departments'. What % of the 800,000 workers here do you think do not fit into these categories? Hmmm. Otherwise many other things would not be allowed either.

So spare a thought for the other 'n' thousand non flight deck employees who have never had any letter to wave and have had to put up with the offload threat on every occasion in the past, and will continue to do so in the future.

P.Clostermann
1st Jul 2008, 08:41
Orry face....lighten up mate!

Taking the burden of the whole world on your shoulders will not change anything, it will only give you a pre-mature hart attack!

And please forgive me when I say that the only thing I care about being stuck here is to get my family home and back on a well deserved holiday!

If that means using my privileges as Shneidertrophy pointed out, I will gladly do so!

Its a though world!:ugh::mad::ugh:

CEO PITA
1st Jul 2008, 22:40
its confermed or not we are still around . 3 days of leave was removed few y a go and so on no one even try to change it !

instruc231
6th Jul 2008, 02:52
Hi every one ...so now we can fly with a confirm tektite but you have to get a seat in H class .........IF and only IF seats are available in that class so how many H class is there for each flight ...it is a 90% if the H class is not available:hmm:

A320 Man
9th Jul 2008, 09:14
Now the memo is there, so all the rumors were true, they are unhappy to give us confirmed seat, and stripping us up of this privilege!

To understand what is H class: it is the cheapest price available when the flight is just open for sale, if you are early enough you may catch it before it is sold out, then the Y class (more expensive) then the N class (much more) and they are all in Economy class (coach).
What will happen to you and your family when you try to book your annual leave and the H class is sold out? Or it is in the memo: buy a full fare commercial ticket ! or try your luck with ID 90 !!!

OH REALLY?? That is great. It will be in effect from September 1st. 2008, so if you are planning an annual leave after that date, good luck.

At the end of the memo a little reminder for us not even to try all year around to get tickets on some mentioned destinations,

I am lucky that I used my annual leave ticket already, as for the next year I will not be here to suffer for my annual leave.

sayap-patah
9th Jul 2008, 11:05
Annual leave=Unconfirm Ticket??? well guys its already happen to me and my family in 2006, i filed a report..three times. (cc.toGMFO cc Chief Pilot. cc.HR...)..Result=WHO CARES!!??...
Well at least i'm an ousiders now....good luck guys:ugh:

Lulu qatar
9th Jul 2008, 13:27
Qatar Airways is going down and down with reputation of mistreating staff and highest position respected should be a Capt.
Imagine if an airline dont respect a Capt what they are able to do to other staff ??????? ALERT ALERT