PDA

View Full Version : WindowsME & Scheduling Agent.

addinfurnightem
29th Sep 2000, 10:05
Help please. The scheduling agent is there in Control Panel and in System Tools, I have programmed the schedules and nothing happens!! It is ticked in the Start Menu but nothing comes up in the tray, no usual icon. After an item should have run I get a notice saying that a scheduled item has not run but it gives no reason.
On start up I get a message about Vd32serv but it just suggests I re-start the computer and then goes away. Any ideas please?

matelot
29th Sep 2000, 10:57
What does the Vd32 message actually say?

I'm using ME and scheduler is not present in the system tray either. Maybe it isn't there by default because ME was produced by Microsoft in response to end-users' requests.

Go to Control Panel - Schedule Tasks and double click. Go to Advanced, and make sure that it reads 'Stop Using Task Scheduler' (That means it has started- you'll get the drift).

Come back if still stuck ;-)

------------------
Me, sweat? I'm that cool, it's condensation.

addinfurnightem
30th Sep 2000, 08:07
Thanks MATELOT, Scheduling Agent problem more or less solved, WinME faithfully copies over everything previously in the Schedule from Win98 but does not activate anything! It is necessary to re-schedule all items one wishes to run automatically, BUT, the new format of WinME is not as helpful as Win98, for example, for Norton Ant-Virus Scan it is necessary now to browse the options, go to where ever you keep the Norton Programme and then select the individual Scan file, previously the Scan functions was right up front in the options.

Vd32serv : The message I get is:
"Vd32serv has caused an error in <unknown>.
Vd32serv will now close.

If you continue experiencing problems, try restarting your computer" "OK" box.

One plus point of WinME, used the "Restore" function to-day, just went back to closing down time yesterday and the mess I got on start-up this morning was all gone!!!

[This message has been edited by addinfurnightem (edited 30 September 2000).]