PDA

View Full Version : UN Food Summit....A Disgrace

helimutt
3rd Jun 2008, 15:03
How the delegates sat through Mugabes bullsh*t and lies without speaking out, i'll never know. So the UK are acting illegally against Zimbabwe as he tries to sort out the food crisis??? Please. The guy is a criminal. He needs to be shot, the old bastard!
I can't believe they gave him airtime. Delegates should have snubbed him.
I feel so sorry for the countrymen of Zimbabwe.

Solid Rust Twotter
3rd Jun 2008, 15:36
BOHICA.

SA is already well down the path to the same fate.

Ozzy
3rd Jun 2008, 15:38
Helimutt I think you are a 1 on Bins scale :D

Ozzy

Avitor
3rd Jun 2008, 15:42
I have sat through Blair and Brown's bullsh*t. Not a lot of difference.

tony draper
3rd Jun 2008, 16:14
The UN has been out of touch with reality since the 1960's,time the whole corrupt edifice was torn down,it's just jobs for the boys.
How come the Italians allowed that ape into the country anyway?
:confused:

Life's a Beech
3rd Jun 2008, 16:22
Two factors are most relevant to the Summit. In the long term poor governance, including weak property law, poor adherence to the rule of law and government interference in the market cause starvation. The short-term spike in prices is made significantly more severe by climate panic, and
the use of food to make fuel.

The reason I say they are most relevant, is that they are important factors that the UN could do something about. The UN is not only failing to help the issue, it is complicit in both these areas. The UN is part of the problem, not a forum for finding the solution.

sisemen
4th Jun 2008, 02:48
As he's away from his goons and the infrastructure of his corrupt police state why doesn't someone take the opportunity and allow him to have a terrible accident?

Bern Oulli
4th Jun 2008, 12:34
According to Yahoo News today (http://uk.news.yahoo.com/politics/20080603/tpl-mugabe-knighthood-81c5b50.html), moves are possibly afoot to revoke the lying git's honorary knighthood. Not before time IMHO.

forget
4th Jun 2008, 12:47
.......... revoke the lying git's honorary knighthood.

Or take his photograph off the marmalade jars.

Lydia Dustbin
4th Jun 2008, 13:02
S R T

SA is already well down the path to the same fate.

What's this that i read the other day that they (SA) are going to pass a law that basically says everything belongs to the government? It said in the Times (i think) that the law would permit the government to claim any land or property it wished at whatever rate it deemed fit, if the procurement of the asset suited government requirements? If true, then all the money anyone has ever invested in SA has just been effectively lost and as you point out, in 5 years we will have son of Zimbabwe.

The sad thing is, i was in a South African pub last week in London, and of all the SA lads and lassies in there, not one of them wants to go back to their home country. What the worlds major powers/organisations have allowed (infact it almost seems 'encouraged') to happen in Africa is truly shocking.

VAFFPAX
4th Jun 2008, 13:57
Lydia, it does not surprise me in the least.

If you get the opportunity, see the comedian (satirist) Pieter Dirk Uys in London... watch his show (or better yet, get some of his older DVDs). He paints a picture that makes Africans laugh but also makes them want to cry because it is all too true.

And here I have to try and defend the country's people to an eminent motorsports federation after the whole xenophobia débâcle.

It is a real shame.

S.

Snifferdog
4th Jun 2008, 14:22
...the man himself!....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpQt2shuxiA

Al Fakhem
5th Jun 2008, 11:01
If Britain, as former colonial power in South Rhodesia (who also thought it a good idea to replace Ian Smith at the time), felt any sense of responsibility, they´d send in the SAS to get rid of Mugabe and his cronies and bring back some dignity to the deprived masses. Sometimes PC simply does not work.

justlooking_tks
5th Jun 2008, 11:11
"UN Food Summit....A Disgrace (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?p=4160981#post4160981)"?

The whole UN is a disgrace and should be consigned to the scrap heap.

Binoculars
5th Jun 2008, 15:23
Ozzy, if what Helimutt said makes him a 1, you can count me in too. The sooner someone, anyone, kills this murderous egomaniacal thug the better, though I suspect it's sadly too late for Zimbabwe.

Would the last person leaving Africa please turn out the lights?