PDA

View Full Version : Survey pilot salaries?

Horatio Leafblower
3rd Jun 2008, 13:59
There are comments on a few threads that Fugro drivers and other survey operators pay well above the award - 3 times the award was mentioned in one :eek:

Are there any Fugro/GPX drivers out there who can give specifics?

solowflyer
3rd Jun 2008, 22:39
3x is about right. 80 - 90k PA

300Series
3rd Jun 2008, 22:39
Hey Piylote

aileron_69
4th Jun 2008, 00:55
Yeah around 250-300 a day, (depending on experience) for every day u are out on the job. Ends up in the $80K+ bracket on the 210. Good if you like lots of Holidays too plus all accomodation and all expenses paid or a per diem depending on what company you work for so you bank all your wages.
If you dont mind being away from home a bit its great, see lots of countryside. No whinging passengers/tourists either!!!

youngmic
4th Jun 2008, 11:50
The money is good enough.

But the focus shouldn't be about money. The focus should be on the belief that you can deliver a safe profitable quality product from your skills.

This is the real reward.

Wouldn't it be nice to one day see a thread where someone asked what companies best appreciate a pilot that strives for above average performance and rewards ongoing loyalty.

M

ZEEBEE
4th Jun 2008, 12:14
But the focus shouldn't be about money. The focus should be on the belief that you can deliver a safe profitable quality product from your skills.

This is the real reward.:suspect::eek::eek::eek:

Nice sentiments there young mic. What planet did you say you were from?:uhoh:

Horatio Leafblower
4th Jun 2008, 13:28
Mate I do agree with you and as an employer I would love to have that sentiment in all my staff and pilots.

That said, you can't eat "above average performance" and "ongoing loyalty" alone won't pay the bills.

Whatever job I am doing, I believe I do it with integrity and dilligence - so the outcome is the same.

"How much will Fugro pay me for my integrity? Will GPX pay me more for my loyalty and above average performance than Fugro?" :hmm::rolleyes::ugh:

aileron_69
4th Jun 2008, 15:23
Its a good job, and either of these outfits are good to work for. It all depends what u like tho. If you like flying nice and high in a pressurised cockpit with pretty air hostesses bringing you coffee, then you probably wont like getting thrown around the inside of a Caravan/Cresco/210/404/406 cockpit while scaring Koalas out of the trees much. You wont go broke doing it tho.
Actually those pretty air hostesses with the coffee sound good, might investigate that further:E

Murray Cod
4th Jun 2008, 23:28
MMM Fugro eh,
Wheels up landing
ditching due to fuel starvation
Hitting a tree due to a climb gone wrong (very very wrong)
all in a month!!!
All fixed by more paperwork!!!!
They have lost the plot.
Poor airmanship, training, lack of experience--- good luck!!!
MC.

aileron_69
5th Jun 2008, 01:06
Oh well, they wont need to bust another bust up another one of their busses for 3 or 4 years now.

youngmic
5th Jun 2008, 03:52
ZeeBee
The aliens walk among us...What planet did you say you were from?

The Galaxy of Naivety apparently. And probably orbiting around the same sun you once did.

Just knew this would be a good fishing spot for the elusive Murray Cod :E::ok:

H.L.
Whatever job I am doing, I believe I do it with integrity and diligence - so the outcome is the same.

Nice to hear that, but it seems more and more and not restricted to our industry, people are bleating and whinging (between mouthfuls of hot processed food) about how the world owes them a living, and good one at that.

M

ZEEBEE
5th Jun 2008, 05:46
The Galaxy of Naivety apparently. And probably orbiting around the same sun you once did.

Just knew this would be a good fishing spot for the elusive Murray Cod :

Good one Mick, I always knew you liked fishing.
Had a feeling that you were on another expedition:ok:

Murray Cod
5th Jun 2008, 06:46
Casting fake lures won't catch me.
Try live bait , a pody mullet or an incriminating photo of an AC 50 in flight below knee length.
MC