PDA

View Full Version : Events around Swanwick w/6 16th June

UniFoxOs
3rd Jun 2008, 10:30
Looking for some amusement in the Swanwick vicinity the week after next. Self has to go on a training course, Tue/Wed/Thu 17/18/19. Mrs UFO's coz lives adjacent to Swanwick ATCC, so we plan to travel down on the Mon, leave Friday and stay with the coz, spend the hotel allowance on the high life??

Question is, is there any entertainment in the vicinity on the Mon-Thu nights, such as theatre, opera (pro or amdram), live music or exhibitions, either for all of us in the evenings or Mrs UFO and her coz in the daytimes? Google doesn't seem much help, but I am sure some prooners must live close by and are in touch with the local arts scene.

Any ideas?

UFO

BTW I did find Ruddigore, but we saw it a few weeks ago in Leicester.

airborne_artist
3rd Jun 2008, 11:37
Not much going on in Fareham, I'm afraid to say. Winchester may be your best bet for local culture. About 30 mins by car.

eyeinthesky
3rd Jun 2008, 11:49
Plenty of cinemas in the area.
The Mayflower in Southampton is probably the biggest theatre: www.mayflower.org.uk

also: http://www.theatre-royal-winchester.co.uk/

macdee
3rd Jun 2008, 12:41
You could try a visit to Port Solent at Porchester.Plenty of choice for eating out and a cinema adjacent.. Brilliant views from Portsdown Hill and a picnic ground if good weather.

macdee