PDA

View Full Version : How do I get a new email service

tony draper
21st Nov 2001, 23:07
When I do not have a email service.
Blueyonder webmail has not worked for nearly a month now, this is a isp problem not mine,
I have been unable to access my in box or send emails for that time.
I had a bit of surf around last night for a new email service but as far as I can see, I need a email address to receive pass word and user name.
Is Draper in the sh*t or what?. :(

fobotcso
22nd Nov 2001, 00:13
Try something like Tesco to get an e-mail address that you can use both to send and receive as long as you are logged onto the Tesco ISP servers. You can also receive your Tesco e-mail from any other ISP's Server if you are using a client like Outlook Express.

Tesco is entirely free and you don't need any software from them. Just configure your own Dial Up using their servers and 'phone number(s) (calls are not free). All the information about the Server addresses is on the Tesco home pages. Or I've got it here if you have a problem.

I liked Tesco when I first found them because their help and instruction pages about general Internet matters were the best I had seen.

tony draper
22nd Nov 2001, 00:36
I still have freeserve stuff on my other h/d I could run that again, butI don't want to change my ISP, blueyonder is great appart from this iritating problem.
I did manage to get thru o the tech support line after being on hold for 40 minutes, the guy said I could access my email thru the www.twigger.com, (http://www.twigger.com,) apparently you can access your email from here no matter what your service, but it won't accept my pass word and user.
Theres no urgency, I would just like to see who I owe a email to, must be driving some subscibers nuts.
:(

[ 21 November 2001: Message edited by: tony draper ]

G.Khan
22nd Nov 2001, 01:38
I may have missed your point here, (T.D.) re password etc. but if you just want to look at your mail you could try:
http://www.mail2web.com

Cheers.

tony draper
22nd Nov 2001, 05:21
Thanks Mr K, that worked first time, I got into my inbox, but when I tried reading a email I got a error message ,now I cannot even log on it tells me log in failed and to check address and password, I know they are right ARRRGGGHHHH.
Its frustrating there's a pile of unread mail there. :mad:
thanks anyway.

G.Khan
22nd Nov 2001, 14:28
T.D. Go back to the 'mail2web' website and have a look at the other 'log-in' options, I think they may be called 'secure' and 'advanced' - see if this gets you over your problem?