PDA

View Full Version : AW 139 Accident?

hot 'n dusty
3rd Jun 2008, 06:56
Does any one have any news on a rumour that an AW139 helicopter was in an accident/damaged offshore of Abu Dhabi?:sad:

If there were any souls onboard injured i wish them a rapid recovery and condolences to all involved!!

sandyweazels
4th Jun 2008, 23:35
Not pretty....

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e123/Fox3snapshot/Active%20Web%20Pix/A6BBB.jpg

Gulfstreamaviator
5th Jun 2008, 05:10
A AW 139 was outside Royal Jet in the evening, awaiting the VVIP,s, they were about one hour late, so I spent the time chatting to the pilot.

Very stylish ship, and we discussed the safety metits, of this v the SE types that are also used in the UAE for VVIP use.

Then went to hotel, and next morning, heard the news.

RIP.

gsa

Togalk
6th Jun 2008, 11:37
Why has there not been anything said about the other people on board? Where were the pilots from? Who was flying? Rumor has it the Sheikh was at the controls.

grizzled
6th Jun 2008, 12:54
Togalk:

The additional information you ask about was on the site for a few days. Apparently the moderator(s) felt it should be removed.
Moderator's comments please?

Nope, I'm afraid you're wrong - I don't think anything has been removed from this thread - certainly wasn't me. This subject is being covered extremely well on the Rotorheads forum - definitely appears to be issues with qualified crew, looks like the chap who took the picture of the wreck is in the dwang and for those of us familiar with this part of the world and the privileges that the senior folk here enjoy, there's a certainty that the truth will never come out. That's my opinion. 4HP

Waylon J
7th Jun 2008, 17:31
The Shaikh WAS sitting in the LEFT seat and JOHN HANLEY WAS sitting in the back...for reasons best known too himself...the only thing to be said is Only two qualified pilots should be up front at any time...:ugh:

OMDB-PiLoT
8th Jun 2008, 00:15
http://cdn-www.airliners.net/aviation-photos/photos/2/7/1/1002172.jpg

Hmm, if A6-BBB is the reg. then, here's how it looked.

BlueSkye
8th Jun 2008, 05:00
Why has there not been anything said about the other people on board?

"All animals are created equal, but some are more equal than others."

Fox3snapshot
9th Jun 2008, 01:39
Was the name necessary? As the investigation is far from over it would have been pertinent to try and keep a lid on it for a bit?! :=

johnthanley
13th Jun 2008, 01:54
Way-Lon.....
Was the name necessary? As the investigation is far from over it would have been pertinent to try and keep a lid on it for a bit?! :=

My name is John T. Hanley, son of John P. Hanley. The name of my father has already been released in another forum so it's not that big of a deal. My family is still in denial of our fathers death, but will eventually come to terms. He was a good man, honest and true. RIP John Patrick Hanley. We love you in life and in death.

Sincerely,
John T. Hanley