PDA

View Full Version : EK/QR gentleman's agreement

NineInchSnail
3rd Jun 2008, 02:33
Is that true that once you get hired by QR you will not be bale to jump to the greener pastures of EK due to an unofficial "gentleman's agreement"? I keep hearing this rumor but I'd like to check if some of you Qr boys made the move succesfully.

Thanks

KRUGERFLAP
3rd Jun 2008, 04:29
Just B.S. nowadays, if you donīt have bond ,pay your bond or finish your bond and give the 3 months notice,not a problem to move on.

But really what the diff to go to EK .In my opinion if you fly airbus or boeing 777 why go to Ek and be bonded again,as they bond anybody for 3 yrs regardless of if you are typed in the Acft.

in my opinion if you move go to AA.

salamalikum2
3rd Jun 2008, 04:53
Well i think nobody will dare to deny that for a career, Ek is probably a little bit more appropriated than Q.A. (pension, Bonus, nice accomodation:"small "thinks that can make a big difference and motivate the crew for the long term).
I think you have to resign first from Q.A. before being allowed to pass the assessment in Ek...But nothing is written black and white...so..1
But As always ..if you have some good connections there, i guess it will help.

Lord Flashhart
3rd Jun 2008, 10:58
There are no Gentlemen in either organisation.

wrightbrother
4th Jun 2008, 07:36
EK and Jet Airways had similar foul breath until it was washed few months ago:yuk:

P.Clostermann
5th Jun 2008, 13:01
There is some sort of an agreement, but would not call it exactly gentlemanish...

As long as you are employed by QR, EK HR will not process your application, unless off course you are connected well and truly high up!

So you will have to resign from QR, get out of the gulf region and re-apply at EK!

FYI, did you know that QR as your sponsor could block your transfer for 6 months to go no matter where inside the GCC?

So far no agreement between EY and QR.....this explains the exodus from QR!