PDA

View Full Version : PPRuNe

Captain Airclues
18th Dec 2000, 17:27
Whenever I log on to PPRuNe, I just get the old messages that I have already read. However, when I click on 'refresh', it then loads the new messages. This happens on all of the forums that I have previously read, but if I go to a new forum then I get the up-to-date messages straight away. This has only been happening for the last two days, so it is obviously something that I have done.
Please keep the instructions simple, cos I'm only a pilot.

Airclues

InFinRetirement
18th Dec 2000, 21:04
AC. Above you is Tools on the top line - between Favourites and Help.

Click on this and then Internet Options what you want in the Home Page address is:

<A HREF="http://www.pprune.org/cgibin/Ultimate.cgi" TARGET="_blank">http://www.pprune.org/cgibin/Ultimate.cgi</A>

This may solve the problem. The possible reason for the need to refresh, is that you are going to a forum rather than the main Bulletin Board FIRST, where everything is already 'refreshed'.

It's worth a try anyway.

PPRuNe Dispatcher
18th Dec 2000, 23:57
Your browser will cache anything it downloads so that if you go to the same site again, it doesn't need to download it again.

First try IFR's solution, which makes sure that your PPRuNe cookie is properly set up. If that doesn't fix the problem, then you need to tell your browser that it should check to see if a web page has been updated every time it visits a page. How you do this depends on your browser.

For Internet Explorer 5, click on the Tools/Internet Options... menu item.
Then click on Settings (which is in the Temporary Internet file part of the window)
Then make sure Check for newer version of stored pages :"Every visit to the page" is clicked.

If you are using some other browser, then you'll have to RTFM (Read The Friendly Manual)

--PPD

Captain Airclues
19th Dec 2000, 02:23
Thanks IFR and PPRuNe Dispatcher. All is now well. Somebody had changed my settings. That's the problem with allowing so many people to use my computer.
PPRuNe is now back to normal.

Airclues