PDA

View Full Version : Pilots "most eligible"

flyingtalk
2nd Jun 2008, 18:14
Ha, did any of you pro pilots see the news story in a couple of the papers that pilots are considered to be the most eligible professionals by the female membership of http://www.flightglobal.com/blogs/flight-international/2008/05/pilots-named-as-sexiest-profes.html, even the 'not great looking ones'? How much does it cost to train up to be a commercial pilot...?

AltFlaps
3rd Jun 2008, 13:15
I've always suspected that!

Considering the number of women that throw themselves at me all the time!

I had always just assumed that they had a fat/bald bloke fetish :)

dv8
3rd Jun 2008, 13:28
or throw even

Office Pest
3rd Jun 2008, 13:43
Hang On! I just got the heave! If only she had read the paper in question beforehand and realised how incredibly lucky she was.

OP

gunit
3rd Jun 2008, 13:43
so there is something positive about being a pilot then!

Sallyann1234
3rd Jun 2008, 15:03
Probably because of the quick turnover and divorce settlement :E

Carnage Matey!
3rd Jun 2008, 15:15
I tell the ladies I'm an accountant, it's more believable.:(

Firestorm
3rd Jun 2008, 15:23
Apparently the number of divorces in The City are up because wives are hoping to get e decent pay out before all their husbands are made redundant, or lose their substantial bonuses, or end up bankrupt! If I was going out with airline management I'd divorce them too at the moment. I feel like I've been shafted by them enough that I must at least be a mistress to one!

ehwatezedoing
3rd Jun 2008, 16:10
Now, if they were asking what is considered to be the most eligible professionals by males !?

I don't think women pilots would rank first...Nurses maybe :p

Beatriz Fontana
3rd Jun 2008, 18:36
http://www.flightglobal.com/blogs/fl...st-profes.html (http://www.flightglobal.com/blogs/flight-international/2008/05/pilots-named-as-sexiest-profes.html)

Not a biased set of poll participants, then? Flight Global really isn't going to say "all the girls love a sailor", is it?

(Especially if they're Fleet Air Arm!!)

FOWF
3rd Jun 2008, 18:47
Nah girlie ... gimme the Boys in Light Blue ANY DAY!!! Specially if there uniform matches there eyes. Ooooh, I've come over all funny!!!

Don't do the khaki ones tho' :O

tinpis
3rd Jun 2008, 22:28

Havin' any luck? :hmm:

ShyTorque
3rd Jun 2008, 22:30
Specially if there uniform matches there eyes.

Wot, as in bulging? :eek: :sad: :8

gingernut
3rd Jun 2008, 22:50
On starting my ppl a few years back, I thought I'd try and impress mrs g by walking into the bedroom wearing only a pair of dave clarks and a plog pad firmly straped to my thigh, with strap fixed firmly between buttocks.

Mrs g proceeded to wet her panties (with laughter).

A few months later, we flew to Tenerife, unfortunately Mr Monach pilot seemed to be wearing his plog pad in identical fashion:)

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh!
4th Jun 2008, 03:45
How much does it cost to train up to be a commercial pilot...?don't worry. You only need to fork out for the watch :ok:

nugpot
4th Jun 2008, 10:53
Now, if they were asking what is considered to be the most eligible professionals by males !?

That would be any nice looking ones.

Dan D'air
4th Jun 2008, 11:14
(Especially if they're Fleet Air Arm!!)

But surely Beatriz, that would be the best of both worlds.............

bar fly
4th Jun 2008, 12:14
Well I'm not sure if I believe this, in Farmerslife.com it reports that farmers were the most eligible. And in the Rubbishnews.com it was actually bin men that came out on top.

You wouldn't believe who was top of the Sheepshearinglive.co.uk...:eek:

Kerosine
4th Jun 2008, 14:25
Sheep shearing as a 'sport' (more of a competition I suppose) is big business in NZ! The shearers must acheive similar status to some of our footballers although I can't imagine they have a bunch of slightly orange champagne drinking WAGS in tow.

bar fly
4th Jun 2008, 14:47
I suspect that it's not the shearers that get lusted after though, more like the shearees...:uhoh:

Beatriz Fontana
4th Jun 2008, 16:26
Couldn't agree more, Mr D'air! ;)

FWOF
4th Jun 2008, 16:48
Nah girlie ... gimme the Boys in Light Blue ANY DAY!!! Specially if there uniform matches there eyes. Ooooh, I've come over all funny!!!

Don't do the khaki ones tho' :O

Flattering to have my own following and wannabe ... bless! :D

corsair
4th Jun 2008, 17:17
You have to have more than a set of wings to impress the ladeez. It is fair to say that the pilot thing does work. Any job a bit more interesting will always catch a womans interest.

Years ago, there were a couple of young guys doing some work in the house. One was a bit of a charmer, you know the type, he was soon quizzing me about aspects of being a pilot. So naturally I was answering his questions. Soon his mate came up and laughingly told me not to tell him anything because he was only going to use the info as part of his chat up routine.

Now I started quizzing him seeing as I had a head start on the pilot thing:ok:

Sometimes it doesn't work that well. After inviting a girl for a flight, she asked if she could bring a 'friend'. Turned out to be her boyfriend:hmm: