PDA

View Full Version : Ryanair To Sue French Union For Unlawful Strike In Carcassonne

WestofEMA
2nd Jun 2008, 14:25
From the Ryanair press release

"The action by the striking workers at Carcassonne Airport was unlawful, unwarranted and caused considerable hardship for our passengers as well as significant costs for them and for the airline. The fueller in Carcassonne walked off the job just as a Ryanair aircraft was on approach to landing at the airport. This type of anarchy highlights the flagrant disregard which the union's members have for the travelling public in Carcassonne. "

Full press release - http://www.investegate.co.uk/Article.aspx?id=200806021343497534V

luvly jubbly
2nd Jun 2008, 14:52
My God.... I never thought I would ever catch myself applauding MoL, but here it comes! :D

NordicSky
2nd Jun 2008, 14:54
MOL may not be everyone's favourite airline CEO but in this case I don't blame him for taking this action. That being said, I have not heard the other side of the arguement. Anyone know why the fueller walked?

Carnage Matey!
2nd Jun 2008, 14:57
Sueing a French union, in France, for striking? Why not just get a big box of cash and burn it instead?

Right Way Up
2nd Jun 2008, 14:59
This should be entertaining!

VAFFPAX
2nd Jun 2008, 15:04
Right Way Up - Seconded... popcorn? :-)

S.

ukdean
2nd Jun 2008, 15:06
On this occasion I will be glad to see ryan air lose, I bet all those disgantled passengers who have tried to claim even a lukewarm free cup of tea get told no, well, ryan air "sod off", get your values sorted first before you have the cheek to say we are doing it in the name of our passengers. Are you going to refund the flight money, well I bet that's no, Sorry to other pprune'ers but ryan air really need to get their act together

Dysag
2nd Jun 2008, 15:13
I can't say that striking "keeps them off the streets", because marching is the next favourite occupation of the French.
The good thing is that it keeps their mind off wealth creation (ever asked yourself why there's no equivalent of Ryanair or Easy in France?)
While they concentrate on sharing out what they've got, the third world is getting richer by the day. They'll maybe wake up, when it's too late.

leeds 65
2nd Jun 2008, 15:27
Unions breed inefficiency:mad:

Andy_S
2nd Jun 2008, 15:28
caused considerable hardship for our passengers as well as significant costs for them

Good to see MOL's unexpected reinvention as a customer service driven champion of his passengers wellbeing.

Wonder how long it will last?

rubik101
2nd Jun 2008, 15:41
Ukdean, why would you try to get a free cup of lukewarm tea from Ryanair when you know very well that the tea and coffee is sold on board?
Just what was the point you were trying to make?
If you are fond of the cheap shot then fire away but make sure you have the correct ammunition and not some limp remark about warm tea.

Dick Fisher
2nd Jun 2008, 17:32
I was there on Sunday awaiting an East Midlands departure when (from what I could tell) virtually every worker stopped work. Security closed down, check in desks were left empty and the staff gathered outside the terminal. Hastily scribbled strike posters read "Low fares, Low costs, Low wages".

Those of us travelling to EMA however were lucky. We were delayed two hours while our inbound flight diverted to Perpignan, dropped off the passengers, refuelled and came back to CCF to pick us up. A Dublin flight (diverted to Perpignan while on approach) was simply cancelled, with passengers instructed to ring Ryanair's Reservation Centre after 9am on the 26th May. If it was possible to collect the EMA SLF, why couldn't Ryanair have done it for the other flights that day?

When we finally made it through security, another scribbled sign had been affixed to one of the walls which read, "All staff on strike but forced to work", although the number of staff controlling boarding (usually 2 plus a cabin attendant) was reduced to just the cabin attendant - who really didn't have a clue!

Most of the folks I talked to during the enforced wait just shrugged their shoulders in true Gallic fashion at the slight delay!

ukdean
2nd Jun 2008, 17:55
I think you totally missed the bus, its clear you must be employed by ryan air as with the amount of effort you put in your reply about a lukewarm cup of tea I feel I may have up set you. oh well, so I don't up set you any more I won't mention customer care, charges, and so on, then again I'm just waiting for the crew to announce "during a sudden loss of cabin prresure an oxygen mask will fall from the overhead panel, if you do require to use it please place £2 in slot". then again MOL might like that idea...ryan air ha ha

ukdean
2nd Jun 2008, 18:22
rubik101,the £2 in the slot "marketing plan" was for you,fellow pprune`rs please accepet my appologies if you thought it was aimed at you, however as rubik101 is a fan of mol I feel he will make mol aware of the £2 "charge" for emergency oxygen.. for the record I have claimed the idea, ryan air if you don't like it sue me!

The Real Slim Shady
2nd Jun 2008, 18:49
ukdean don't be an even bigger twonk......http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSJwzYiB_Pc
it's been on Youtube for ages and is from Mad TV.

Do try to be original :p:p

DISCOKID
2nd Jun 2008, 22:18
what all these posters constantly slagging off ryanair seem to forget is the reason that ryanair is now the worlds biggest international airline is due to the fact that its customers love their low base fares and the vast majority experience a good service hence why they go back!

I am more than happy to pay a few quid extra for my cup of tea, to check luggage and to board early etc. given that my fare is so low to start with.

yes their customer service department is non existent but I'd rather have a low fare than fund a giant customer service letter writing operation through my ticket price.

Having flown with ryanair on to france on a weekly basis last year I might also point out that their onboard service was typically far better than the traditional carriers I also flew with. The cabin crew were always professional friendly and seemed to enjoy their job and it made flying with them a pleasure.

rubik101
3rd Jun 2008, 07:43
Ukdean, how very presumptuous of you to assume I am a fan of MOL simply because I have highlighted the inadequacy of your intellect. I am also impressed by your original and very, very funny, nay, hilarious idea with the O2 masks. So funny it had someone in tears, wow!

With posts like DISCOKID's I have no need to write any justification for my point of view. He and others like him occasionally post here with well reasoned and factual posts.

On the other hand, Djfingerscrossed, would you care to explain how these so-called conversations you have had with EZY cabin crew came about? Did this so-called majority of ex RYR cabin crew stop during the service and explain, 'I am ex RYR and have nothing good to say about the company'? How often have these ex RYR cabin crew happily pointed out to you that they have only ' really bad things' to say about the company?

You are writing fiction, innuendo and utter rubbish, along the lines of many other poster when it comes to slagging off RYR with phrases such as, I've been told, I hear, someone told me, a friend of mine who works for them told me and so on and so on.

I have no affection for MOL but I do get fed up reading fiction from posters continually slagging off a company they have probably never flown with or worked for. As for EZY cabin crew slagging off RYR in public, it is simply not credible. I know them too well!

Flintstone
3rd Jun 2008, 09:41
Interestingly enough the only time I ever flew RYR one of the CC asked who I worked for (positioning in uniform), then asked if my company were recruiting as "This place is ****e". As I disembarked three of them asked for the details of our HR department.

I suppose you could interpret that as a lack of professionalism but on whose part, the CC or RYR?

Back on thread...........

rubik101
3rd Jun 2008, 12:30
Contact details and information on employment for most airlines, including easyJet, are available on their websites. Try clicking on 'Careers'.
Again, all four cabin crew asking a positioning crew member for such details is simply not credible.
More fiction.

andrijander
3rd Jun 2008, 15:18
and dreams, dreams are.

So I guess I was dreaming that one time I flew RYR from Hann to Tampere and was told, very politely that is, to F*** OFF the plane as "they" were late (no, I wasn“t near the last one to leave, we even got asked by PA even before the doors were open). And then on the way back we were put through lots of strees because my girlfriend had half a kilo too much hand luggage when she was carrying 2 kilos under limit check in luggage....and there was only one check in desk available. Nonsense.

BTW it did put us off flying RYR for 3 years. We have only recently used it again as they started a new service from Niederhein to a destination that suits us very much. Yes prices are good but feeling like a human being is priceless, thank you.

All this that I have written is just my opinion and it may be good, bad or ugly but it is my opinion and it'll only make me suspicious when somebody would start saying I'm inventing this. I hear you people!

BTW I am an aviation insider and have flown many different companies and classes around the world. There“s ways and ways of doing things. RYR may make financial sense, but money ain't it all.

A.

Little Blue
3rd Jun 2008, 15:58
Rubik101..
Just to stick me oar in........
I work for another airline and regularly find myself sharing the bus
to work with a number of Ryanair crew.
Not only have they asked me for our HR contact details, but a few of them have come across to fly for us.
I don't know of any of our crew that have gone the other way....
Ho hum.......

daikilo
3rd Jun 2008, 21:40
From the info above, I assume certain airport staff chose to strike over an issue with the Airport Owners. It may be that either this was not advised to RYR at the time or that the strike notice was below the national minima.

I have tried to find the facts re this claimed strike but so far have failed.

I suggest we be indulgent with RYR at least until the facts are clear.