PDA

View Full Version : RAM optimizer suggestions?

mriya225
23rd Sep 2000, 10:11
Hello All,
I am currently running the latest version of Ramidle on my PC (which is an incredible freeware utility) but I'm still having trouble with browser stalling and I'm wondering if any of you had any suggestions for a good RAM (or allround) optimizer.
I started running CRUSHPop (which I also swear by!) in addition, and this seemed to help ease the load - but I'm still running a little sluggish...
Am I chasing shadows by concentrating on the RAM? Would I be better off trying another tool instead?

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. ;)

ExSimGuy
23rd Sep 2000, 12:48
While we're on the subject, my ancient Dell (P-130) laptop is a tad slow (!!!) with a mere 24Megs of RAM (Win98 and outlook 5.0) - Has anyone any suggestions if any RAM optimiser utility will assist?

Or does someone have some Dell Latitude-LM-compatible RAM for sale S/H at a reasonable price that I could install to up my current RAM?

------------------
---- "Per Ardua ad Mixas" ----
(Through hardship to the bars)

spannersatcx
24th Sep 2000, 00:08
mriya225
If we had some idea of your system it might help, if it's W95/98 these days 128mb would be a good starting figure, forget software utilities the more physical RAM the better.
It depends where the bottleneck is, you can have as much ram as you can fit but if the CPU/Graphics card/HDD etc etc aren't up to it then you need to invest elsewhere.

mriya225
24th Sep 2000, 12:30
spannersatcx,
Youre' right, it looks like I am going to have to add physical RAM afterall (grumble, grumble). Thanks for the input though. :)