Vulcan607
1st Jun 2008, 18:29
Wondering if anyone can clarify for me:

Current situation:

14 atpl exams passed
122 hours total time
54 P1 time
Night Qualification nearly complete

Due to start MEP later in the year then onto the I.R afterwards then the 15 hour CPL option, can someone clarify the minimum hours requirements I need prior to starting the course and what is the requirement for licence issue?

Regards and thanks in advance

portsharbourflyer
1st Jun 2008, 18:47
For MEP and IR, 70 hours P1 required.

150 hours total time required prior to starting the CPL flight training.

To get the CPL issued you need 200 hours total time with a 100 p1 (hence you can sit the CPL skills test before you have the requirements to get the CPL issued). Night qualification and 20 hours P1 needs to be cross country with one flight of 300nm total distance landing at two different aerodromes.

MIKECR
1st Jun 2008, 19:00
Yep, 70 hours P1 for the MEP. You also need mimimum 50 hours cross country time to start the IR.

selfin
1st Jun 2008, 19:30
What's the JAA definition of cross-country? The UK ANO (only for the purpose of Sch. 8 I believe) states it is a flight going 3 nm beyond the point of departure - is this the case?

portsharbourflyer
1st Jun 2008, 20:13
Selfin, I can't recall the exact figures but you are correct the distance required for a flight to be called a cross country is a surprisingly small figure.

The key point here is you do not need to do a land away for a flight to count as a cross country. All I will say is it is worth noting in the remarks column on your logbook any waypoints you have on a flight that departs and returns to the same airfield (thus showing evidence that it is a cross country flight and that you did travel a certain distance from the departure aerodrome).

Vulcan607
1st Jun 2008, 23:40
so in the next 3-4 months I plan to finish the night qualification, do at least a few 300nm x-country flights to build up another 30hrs.

So by then I shall have 152 TT and 84 hours P1 prior to starting the MEP then IR so by time I come to the CPL I'll have the 6 hours MEP and 25 hours I.R added to the times and I'll still have to build another 16 hours P1 to apply for the licence?

did that make sense there or did I confuse myself there?

:ugh: