PDA

View Full Version : BA LGW crew allowances

reflexline
1st Jun 2008, 14:10
Hi guys, I'm in the holding pool for British Airways LGW base, and I have a few questions that I can't seem to find the answer for. If any crew could answer them, I will be extremely grateful.

1) If I bid for maximum nightstops, roughly what % of my trips would be nightstops?

2) Do LGW crew get their breakfasts paid for on nightstops? I remember hearing that this issue was being raised with management a while back.

3) Is it usual for people to fail training?

many thanks!

lgwsfg
1st Jun 2008, 15:21
Reflexline

To help you out a bit, at LGW we have a bid system to help to try and preference bid towards what you want.

Realisticly the company stance is that a new entrant should get approx 40% roster satisfaction, in reality it can change, each month one month good trips etc and then the next month there and backs, so it is hard to say. One thing i will say is all is done on seniority based and as such, it just a case of working way up seniority before you start to get more and more what you want etc.

Breakfast is paid for in all europe/uk/carribean destinations, the only place that it is not paid for is USA. But in USA most hotels are cheap enough anyway or have something cheap nearby so no need to worry about the cost to be honest.

Hope helps any questions feel free to PM

reflexline
1st Jun 2008, 22:39
thanks LGWSFG!