PDA

View Full Version : Loganair

Arctic Circle
1st Jun 2008, 13:46
Anyone know if Loganair are currently recruiting pilots? Also, can pilots fly both the DHC-6 & SF34 or are they limited to one type? Thanks in advance...

ABO944
1st Jun 2008, 17:27
Loganair are overcrewed at the moment.

Recently taken on a lot of new bods, so would only start recruitment again if a fair few buggered off to pastures new.

Not sure if there are any pilots flying both to Otter and Saab .... sorry, can't help on that one.

DB6
2nd Jun 2008, 22:25
Otter and Islander - yes; Otter and Saab - no.
No recruitment likely for the next couple of months at least.

Arctic Circle
3rd Jun 2008, 14:37
Thanks for the replies, much appreciated.

Errol Sinclair
16th Sep 2008, 14:05
According to their website Loganair are now recruiting pilots.
Anyone have an idea of the salary for DECs. Someone mentioned 40k - is this accurate?

All the best
E

combineharvester
16th Sep 2008, 14:39
Website may be slightly out of date, if you read further it says "courses start in December (i.e 2007) and mid January 2008" Your figure is about right for a capt. I think a lot of the content of the new look website was a bit of a copy & paste job from the previous one.

hope this helps,

ch

Errol Sinclair
16th Sep 2008, 14:47
Duh! I missed that bit :\
Might just try it anyway!

Thanks for your help combineharvester.

E

MIKECR
16th Sep 2008, 14:54
Theyre not recruiting just now. Hold pool is full and no movement expected for some time.

DB6
16th Sep 2008, 15:15
Without wishing to be too discouraging, don't be surprised if you don't hear anything back. The hold pool is indeed full and DE unlikely as there are quite a few SFOs ready to go LHS, plus which there were a few DECs in the last intake which has made up the numbers a bit. Flybe probably a better bet just now.

Errol Sinclair
16th Sep 2008, 15:45
Thanks for the info everyone!
E

King Chav
9th Nov 2008, 12:22
Hey guys n gals

Whats the latest with Loganair ?

I hear something about freight work coming along and another Saab ... is that correct?

Will they be recruiting again in the near future?

Cheers :)

mikehammer
9th Nov 2008, 18:32
I don't work for Logan so can only report what is local rumour and speculation, which is that yes they have apparently won the Royal Mail night freight route from Aberdeen to Edinburgh. I don't know about recruitment, one or two people have indicated the new route will mop up some of the existing surplus crew due to being slightly over crewed.

Again, I stress it's just local rumour.

mikehammer
6th Apr 2009, 10:08
Logan are currently operating the INV to Benbecula mail contract using what appears to be a wet leased SF340. At least they were a week ago when I was last in inverness.

Callsign Kilo
6th Apr 2009, 11:29
A Logie pilot informed me that the freight SF340s may be on the verge of being utilized on both day and night contracts. Were these aircraft not the previously passenger configured SF340As? I believe they are flown by Loganair crew. It would make sense as the airline had been overstaffed, with crew being moved from the likes of GLA and EDI to ABZ and DND (so I'm told). With the very low turnover rates there is no signs of recruitment and indeed no need to because several people are still placed in a holding pool.

combineharvester
6th Apr 2009, 15:22
2 "A"s Based ABZ do ABZ-EMA-ABZ & ABZ-EDI-FSS-ABZ for royal mail. These used to be in pax config and sit unused during the day (for now at least). Crewed by Logan pilots. 1 "A" Based INV is a wet lease from Avion Express doing the western isles run during the day.

Steam Catapult
11th Apr 2009, 07:50
are loganair pilots getting any increase in salary this year?

thanks

captplaystation
11th Apr 2009, 09:05
Ha Ha Ha ! ! :D :D :rolleyes: ;) :ok:

Yeah, just like every other airline is looking forward to :=

JB007
12th Apr 2009, 07:42
We got 3.5%...:ok:

5 RINGS
12th Apr 2009, 16:06
seriously?

was it down to management's goodwill or Balpa's hard work?

Tubbs
12th Apr 2009, 16:28
Balpa/recognition of good work, safe, on-time/company doing rather well despite recession

5 RINGS
12th Apr 2009, 17:30
so what's Y1 SF340 F/O salary now then?

w3andw4d
13th Apr 2009, 12:11
We got 3.5% last year!

We are still waiting for negotiations to conclude this year.

Steam Catapult
27th Apr 2009, 06:30
how have the negotiations on salaries gone this year?

any salary increase for year 09/10?

it seems from the outside that loganair are doing ok what with picking up the mail contracts from ABZ and INV.

steam catapult

5 RINGS
4th May 2009, 14:37
seems like they're too busy negociating to bother answering...:}

jetstreamtechrecords
10th May 2009, 14:44
I hear the IOM based S340 is being pulled back to base and IOM routes will be servrd with an EDI aircraft and the DND BHD IOM will continue. IOM aircraft will be used for GLA LBA?:confused:

jetstreamtechrecords
22nd May 2009, 15:47
Little old Manx2 seems to be kicking :mad: down in IOM. The BHD IOM rotation by the DND aircraft is being canned so is DND BHD for the chop to?:}

wishicouldland
22nd May 2009, 16:42
JSTR

Don't know where you get this drivel (perhaps you have a connection to Manx2?) but it's just unfounded rubbish. Or will you name your source?

The LC guys I know on the routes say it's improving BHD IOM and as for DND BHD - It's frequently at capacity.

If you want to go Logie bashing then perhaps terms and endearments is not the best place, keep it on the other threads you contribute to. Logie have served the IOM faithfully with several routes for a long time now, give them some credit and take your unfounded claptrap for a walk.

IOMspotter
23rd May 2009, 06:43
JSTR probly looked at the FlyBe website.:eek: BHD IOM has been reduced to 2 rotations for summer.:}

BHD Belfast City - IOM Isle of Man

Flight NumberDeparture AirportDestination AirportDepartArriveOp By BE6791BHDIOM09:1509:50Loganair BE6799BHDIOM17:2518:00Loganair

fredtheanorak
23rd May 2009, 15:46
why dont you boys stop arguing and look at the facts

http://www.caa.co.uk/docs/80/airport_data_prov/200904/April_2009_Provisional_Domestic_Routes.pdf

BHD DND April 890 pax.

10 flights a week x 34 pax seats = 61%LF:ok:

IOMspotter
10th Jun 2009, 05:17
The much predicted news. Press Office :: Loganair To Withdraw Services From Blackpool - Loganair (http://www.loganair.co.uk/loganair/press-office/62/loganair-to-withdraw-services-from-blackpool)

Seven Fifty Seven
10th Jun 2009, 14:44
I would much rather Loganair took this sort of action to preserve the future viability of the airline, than waste endless amounts of money on schedules and routes that are not working. I'm all for trying new routes, but there has to be a cut-off at some point and it looks like they've just reached it on this service. It is a business after all.

DB6
10th Jun 2009, 20:32
If you're going to quote from the press office........
Press Office :: Flybe celebrates first birthday flying from Dundee by operating Scotland's most punctual air service - Loganair (http://www.loganair.co.uk/loganair/press-office/61/flybe-celebrates-first-birthday-flying-from-dundee-by-operating-scotland%26%23039%3bs-most-punctual-air-service)
:ok:OK I may be a little biased

IOMspotter
14th Jun 2009, 18:05
jessir, you said it. I read the press release and maybe one reason it leaves on time is that its usually less than half full:confused: I made the load factor 46% using 18000 pax in a year :bored:. What are typical Logie loads like. We only see IOM figures to GLA and EDI.:hmm:

clear prop!!!
15th Jun 2009, 21:57
given that there are only around 6 commercial flights a day from Dundee, there would have to be a bloody good reason NOT to depart on time!!

charliejulietthotel
16th Jun 2009, 07:51
Jealousy... its a b!tch:}

DB6
16th Jun 2009, 08:47
Statistics never lie http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n107/DB6Mk2/Rock.gif.

IOMspotter
16th Jun 2009, 21:08
How are Logie gonna run their SUN BHD IOM BHD. :confused: DND GLA and EDI planes all look to be in the wrong places at the STD time. Oh:mad:

Seven Fifty Seven
19th Jun 2009, 12:31
Does anyone really care, as long as it turns up on time!!!? IOM spotter, you really need to get a life.

fredtheanorak
26th Jun 2009, 16:40
looks to me like they fixed the IOM BHD problem on Sundays by chopping one of the Sunday GLA rotations.:} makes sense to me. Any truth in the BLK LDY rumour?

fredtheanorak
5th Aug 2009, 15:11
Any ideas whats happening with the capacity released from IOM:confused:

BLK LDY rumor has died off so is it just park up for the winter:confused:

IOMspotter
19th Aug 2009, 18:14
Whats going wrong with Logies IOM GLA and EDI routes:confused: The island was down 3%in July but Scotland was down 20%:{

jetstreamtechrecords
11th Oct 2009, 18:02
Its the switch to FlyBe pricing model. Charging business fares on a lesure route is killing volume. Eastern make the same mistake:{

Seven Fifty Seven
12th Oct 2009, 19:48
Yawn - same old blurb Jstr. Bored now.

Callsign Kilo
12th Oct 2009, 21:10
Why is this in Terms & Endearment. The last 10 or so posts have had nothing to do with pilot recruitment, current conditions and terms etc

The Big Easy
15th Oct 2009, 14:18
Exactly, I want to know when Loganair will recruit and at what price! Not the rest of this rubbish on this forum!

TBE.

pipertommy
22nd Oct 2009, 21:13
Wondered if anyone knows the shift/roster pattern? 5on - 2off?

Hansard
22nd Oct 2009, 22:26
The website says "Loganair are not currently recruiting at present". Strange English! Does anyone know any differently?

BigNumber
22nd Oct 2009, 22:32
Strange English!

That's because we are in ABZ!! (I'm building my Ark!)

Hansard
22nd Oct 2009, 22:40
It'll be the Doric then.

David_Lid Air
6th Nov 2009, 10:07
They are recruiting now.

I sent my application a few days ago but havent heard anything yet.

Token Bird
6th Nov 2009, 16:30
Website has very recently been updated to reflect that they are now recruiting for Saab 340 type-rated pilots

Careers - Loganair (http://www.loganair.co.uk/careers/)

David_Lid Air
16th Nov 2009, 13:26
Hello.

There is a Loganair interview and simulator assessment at Arlanda the 29th November which I will go to.

Is there anyone that have an idea of what to expect?

Thanks in advance:)

/David

Hansard
24th Aug 2010, 22:27
Does anyone have an update on any likely recruitment? Do they have a hold pool or was that emptied by the last intake?

Thanks.

Boeing 77W
30th Aug 2010, 19:10
Pretty similar post to the last one made by Hansard...

Any word on the current situation with regards to recruitment? What's it like working there with regards to T&Cs

Even if they're not planning anything at the moment I'd still be interested to hear what you guys think about it.

Vulcan607
30th Aug 2010, 22:23
may want to direct your attention to the Loganair thread in the interviews forum.

fredtheanorak
5th Sep 2010, 16:27
I was told oficially to send in my CV. Off the record they said they had a list of CVs a mile long from ex Highland crew who were local so..............dont expect anything anytime soon.

GusHoneybun
5th Sep 2010, 16:50
don't bet on that. most ex-highland drivers have up sticks to bigger and better things with air baltic. can only think of 2 highland guys still sniffing round for jobs at logie.

CHECHE
9th Jan 2011, 14:56
How much truth is in this link Loganair jobs, payscales and entry requirements. (http://www.pilotjobsnetwork.com/jobs/Loganair) ???

I'm SF34 type rated unemployed pilot with enough experience on type, plus turboprop hours in other types.

Loganair looks like a great place ;)

Cheers....

Moonwalker
9th Jan 2011, 18:11
The information is up to date. Add another 3000 ish on top of the annual salary for duty allowances.

CHECHE
9th Jan 2011, 18:21
Moonwalker thanks for the info. Do you know anything about the recruitment?

Cheers.

CHECHE
2nd Sep 2011, 16:12
Any update about recruitment at Loganair for a TR pilot in saab340 and more than 500 H on type. With all news regarding BA, JET2, EZ, etc... Loganair should be struggling, Isn't It?? :confused:

cheers

sk8erboi
2nd Sep 2011, 17:48
We do need the crew, but sadly the management continue to bury their head in the sand and pretend all is well.
We will lose a lot of good people soon as things pick up. Although in saying that we thought we'd lose loads to jet2 but lost virtually no one.

Log management have no handle on the current situation. When recruitment does pick up don't be surprised if it is from 'interesting' sources. Never from the normal channels, taking experienced people from the area. Sad but true. Scotlands airline no longer!

drag king
2nd Sep 2011, 18:50
We do need the crew, but sadly the management continue to bury their head in the sand and pretend all is well.

It's funny you say that because I got my PFO 1st thing in the morning today, less than 24 hrs after I banged my CV in. They said they are not recruiting at the moment but few mates of mine had/have interview ongoing these days and one just got hired. Someone is listening to the wrong frequency here..:E

Not longer interested, though...so best things to everyone!

DK ;)

DB6
3rd Sep 2011, 15:34
Skater, we must work for different Loganairs. Recruitment is continuous and management - particularly flight ops - is well aware of the situation. Preference is definitely for local pilots (although not exclusively) and there is an agreement with Tayside Aviation at Dundee to supply pilots to Loganair, so you could do worse than get up to Dundee and do a few hours in the simulator there.
Loganair - 50 years old next year - is and always will be Scotland's airline, you peasant! :E

7574ever
3rd Sep 2011, 18:28
"ongoing recruitment"

Can't seem to find a way to apply... any clues?

Seven Fifty Seven
4th Sep 2011, 07:27
Glad you said it DB6. No idea where Sk8ter works but sounds like a very different Loganair to the one I work for. I suppose Dundee pilots could be classed as an 'interesting' source...... If you're from Dundee that is!

JB007
4th Sep 2011, 15:16
I thought 'skater' went to BMI Regional ages ago?!? Here here on Scotland's Airline, long may Logi prosper...

I've flown short/medium/long-haul on various Boeing's since leaving and about to move seats, yet the only model on my study desk is a Saab340!

max_drift
5th Sep 2011, 14:45
Loganair are most definitely recruiting (for hold pool), I have an interview this month.

Took almost 18 months of waiting and recommendation from a friend to get my hat in the ring.

If anyone with previous experience would mind sharing a few tips I'd greatly appreciate it?

smith
5th Sep 2011, 20:03
Loganair - 50 years old next year - is and always will be Scotland's airline, you peasant!

I flew Loganair on a SAAB a couple of years ago and there was a Canadian Cpt a Malasian FO and the hosty was Swedish, it definately wasn't Scotland's airline that day :-O

Also heard Spanish and Cockney London accents over the pa.

Scoobydroo
7th Sep 2011, 11:14
I'm a passenger on the Flybe branded Orkney-Edinburgh route once or twice a month, and the Highland Park Whisky liveried interisland orkney routes several times a year. Rarely hear Scottish accents on the tannoy, hear lots of non indigenous scottish accents amongst the passengers. But the whole country is now multi cultural/accented - so a more diverse culture amonst the flight crew just reflects the diverse culture of modern Scotland. They always have a warm welcome for my West Highland Terrier when she flies with me (for free on the interisland flights) and recognise her as a frequent flier.:D As long as they are safe pilots I don't mind where they come from originally.

No Country Members
8th Sep 2011, 18:34
Scoobydroo, what a very pleasant post, I am sure the crews fortunate enough to fly you appreciate your comments, and I am sure they are well aware who you are now too. ;) Makes a change on here, to the usual detractors, I'm not just referring to the subject of this thread.

jetstreamtechrecords
9th Oct 2011, 15:40
We dont hear much about the takeover of Suckling these days. Has it all gone quiet or is everything tied up keeping Arann out of the $:mad:.

tallaonehotel
15th Oct 2011, 08:15
Jetstream,

You talk some drivel, the process is on going.
Still two seperate airlines with two seperate AOC's and will be for some time.

Suckling will take Arrann's money, they are a business not a charity case "of keeping them out the sh*t"....

CHECHE
7th Sep 2012, 12:49
Any update about recruitment saab340 type rated pilots :rolleyes:
Any info really welcome.

Cheers.

Skysurfer1
21st Sep 2012, 11:50
If you have an interview and simulator assessment:

1. Get some instruction in the simulator in Dundee and get some practice before the actual day! :D

That is the best bit of advice I could ever give anyone!