PDA

View Full Version : Flight Dispatch ; Flight Operations scope in Africa

chetak_ashar225
1st Jun 2008, 08:00
Hi All,

I am a UAE GCAA Licenced dispatcher working in Dubai as flight operations officer from last 2 years in a cargo airline , I would like to know the scope of working in flight operations for airlines in Africa , how is the salary here and do we require license convertion ? I am more intrested for info on counties like South Africa , Kenya or Nigeria.
Lets start knowing more abt flight operations and air safety in Africa with this thread.
Thanks.

bilalgi007
21st Dec 2008, 12:35
Hi,

I just wanted to check if you can assist me in Getting flight dispatch job. I have recently received my GCAA flight Disp. lisc.and now looking out for opportunities, can you assist me? my email [email protected] or can i contact you somewhere.

I am working with Emirates airlines for 8 years in Airport services dept.

Cheers

Bilal

ambasador
21st Dec 2008, 15:02
Hey chetak_ashar225 (http://www.pprune.org/members/251114-chetak_ashar225)

Flight Ops / Dispatcher in South Africa is not as glamerous as in the UK etc. A license is not required on South African Airlines, and most of the "smaller" operators have their crew doing their own weight and balance. There are ground handling companies that offer such positions as an outsourced service to airlines they handle. The international airlines hire within South Africa and generally send you on the required training (if necessary) - but salaries are quite low - nothing compared to Dubai etc.

All the guys I know in load control do their nut to try and get a job overseas - better pay!! The position here is seen more like an "Apron Controller" or flight co-ordinator. Some of the larger airlines have centralised load control/flight dispatch centres and control their African flights from there. Not sure what the situation in other African countries are like.

This based on my experience in the field - but others might have different views.

:ok: