PDA

View Full Version : Qantas QCCA Rosters -

Qantart
1st Jun 2008, 07:17
Hi Guys

Rosters for period 258 have now been published. Interested to hear how the QCCA rosters are looking now that most of the flying has returned to LH. I must say I am pleasantly suprised with the variety of flying that i received. Most other people I have spoken to also have expressed positive comments about rosters.

Any other comments?

Firecat
1st Jun 2008, 07:37
I have been with QF for 25 years...for 20 of those years I have been a CSS.
This is the best roster I have ever ever had.
Did someone make a mistake?

UDP
1st Jun 2008, 10:40
I have LHR, FRA, LAX/JFK, SFO and a SIN and HKG. Pretty impressive. I guess all the Longtimers are doing Youth Day Charters with 90 hr FCO Slips.
Not a single red eye or JNB to be seen

speedbirdhouse
1st Jun 2008, 10:57
No.

OBVIOUSLY there were plenty of SFO, JFK, LHR and 3 day SIN, HKG trips left AFTER the bid run was generated............................

Qantart
1st Jun 2008, 15:30
Whatever the reason was for the good roster patterns can't complain now. However, I guess all could change very quickly...

Firecat
1st Jun 2008, 18:52
When so much of our flying went to the Domestics people were forced to look at other types of flying...flying they found they liked.
Even though the flying has been returned Crew have stayed with their new choices.
This has in turn improved rosters for everyone.
Mix this with the enormous mount of promotion that has happened....seems most people are happy.
Anyway just a thought.

UDP
1st Jun 2008, 22:43
Just some lighthearted humour speedbird. Not a scathing attack.

speedbirdhouse
2nd Jun 2008, 00:14
Sorry, no criticism meant of you or your post.

Perhaps I should have placed this ":rolleyes:" at the end of my post.

It seems "odd" to have so many of these highly desirable trips left over after the bid run as historically those at the bottom of the seniority lists have been left with nothing much other than Africas.

Many of these junior crew have had 5 or 6 years of nothing other than these trips being allocated to them.

Seems odd that's all..................

Firecat
4th Jun 2008, 11:19
I have just scanned the FAAA website and I can't believe what I have just read.
Some absolute moron is upset that QCCA Crew are receiving good rosters.
Not only is this fool openly complaining about it(from SFO)but the person actually had the temerity and stupidity to write an email to the FAAA about it.
When someone receives a great roster(one they are happy with)I say good for them.
Pultroons who complain aboutsuch matters should be cast into the exterior darkness and booted out of the FAAA.
For all those QCCA crew who received a satisfactory roster I say good luck to you.
Not all QAL crew are as miserable as this stupid tosser.
Name the bastard and have him/her served with a clause 11 immediately.
I can only assume that this persons parents are first cousins

surfside6
4th Jun 2008, 11:27
...........Are not particularly bright and even less generous.
Probably thinks that Gazpacho is a Spanish Artist.

cartexchange
4th Jun 2008, 13:02
i thought it was careless of the FAAA to publish a letter like that, all it does is cause divisions.
As stated on here before, the vast majority of people are so happy about the QAL and QCCA situation.
The letter serves nothing but to self promote MM, i suppose he must still be out to impress the Q Powers, you have got the coat MM, just relax!
Does that mean he will actually fly!
It will be a shock after 8 years!

(By the way MM will be a good CSM, if h can be head of the FAAA and deal with all that crap he will be able to handle our "rough" crew)

I haven't met one person that has made a negative comment about QCCA getting good rosters, I say good on them there is plenty of work around.

Now all we have to do is get rid of the AKL base and there will be even more work around........

blackguard
4th Jun 2008, 13:19
Dont know where you fly to or with but I have overheard some stupid comments regarding QCCA.made by some of our more senior(senile?)crew.Some of the usual suspects have made some remarks regarding seniority and the ability to do the job.
Some of these clowns have forgotten that they were once "newbies".
Mijatov was right to highlight the situation and prevent some more clause 11s being handed out to those who think they are bullet proof(or is that 100 proof?).

cartexchange
4th Jun 2008, 13:27
blackguard

yeah some people MAY have made some silly remarks, but those people make the same remarks about all other FA's whether they be against BFirst or Y/C or the Onboard managers, their remarks are to be laughed off.

There was no need to send out a letter like that! although I must admit I did enjoy reading that Email from that tosser......

packrat
4th Jun 2008, 19:56
The letter was amusing because of its content not its intent.
Sounds like the same guy who rang operations from LHR and blasted them because there was no transport for him.
Ops checked and advised that he wasnt entitled to any.
The guy was on annual leave.
The morons in our midst..
MM was wise to publish the letter...if only for its entertainment value.

QFLHFA
5th Jun 2008, 02:58
Good to see MM uses his time valuably. :D

That letter is a joke, I cannot beleive the FAAA are trying to cause threats or scare tactics against their own members.

You're getting paid to represent us, shut your face and speak when we ask you to speak.

Pegasus747
5th Jun 2008, 03:19
QFLHA

You are not even a member of the FAAA so butt out.....

You havent paid a cent and clearly dont intend to. Run for office in four years if you have been a member for that long and paid your fees.

Otherwise keep posting here coz its the only place where you will ever have the guts or lack thereof to post your asinine views.

And if you are not a member you will never have a voice or be able to run for office.

It must be driving you nuts to be so "irrelevant" that you have to post here...

If you really feel strongly enough about it give mijatov a call on 83371111

of course you wont coz you are a weak as P**s piece of Scab material

Dropt McGutz
5th Jun 2008, 04:41
That's a really touchy, feely post.

RedTBar
5th Jun 2008, 04:49
QFLHFA & Pegasus747,
Calm down a bit boys and take another look at your posts.No wonder cabin Crew threads get banned.

Personally,I think it shows just how clever the company was to insist that the QCCA crew are on different pay and conditions to us.

It's human nature to be jealous of what others have and the proverbial 'Grass is always greener on the other side of the fence' could not be more true.The new crew will always be wishing they had our conditions and I can't blame them.The result is that we will always be 2 groups and that is exactly what the company wants.

Feel free to play right into their hands boys and fight with each other and finish the job the company started.
Give the company the outcome they want and that is a divided workforce.

Qantart
5th Jun 2008, 06:24
Well

From my experiences I have shown my QCCA roster to many of the QLH crew and they have been nothing but ecstatic and happy for me. Why you ask?? Because all QLH rosters improved, as did QCCA rosters.

As for the letter the FAAA placed in their recent email, i believe that it actually has caused more tension between QLH and QCCA crew. The views of the senile individual who wrote this email is a personal view, however I believe alot of crew are reading it as the views of QLH crew in general. Hopefully it wont cause too much damage.

indamiddle
5th Jun 2008, 06:36
mm threatening his own members by email? classic! an old biblical quote "as you sow so shall you reap"

QFQCCA
5th Jun 2008, 07:45
I think the FAAA member has a point that asked questions of the way rosters are being built. How are QCCA crew able to achieve SFO trips when Qantas long haul crew are not able to achieve these trips through their bidding? There were some quite heated exchanges on my most recent trip in regard to this issue.

Over the last month I have settled in to QCCA and settled DOWN and now I am starting to see things from both sides. The QCCA crew on my trip were discussing rosters with QLH crew and the QLH crew on the trip were quite junior and they were SHOCKED at the trips the QCCA crew were able to achieve when they were not able to achieve those trips so how is that possible?

I would be very disappointed and would think twice before I ever requested information from the FAAA for fear I would be torn to shreds through notices when the writer in my opinion has a very valid point.

It is true there is an element within both divisions being QLH and QCCA (and they are two seperate divisions despite what the company and the FAAA would like you to believe) that treat each other in a very hostile way, and I have never been more concerned about the culture of being reported whereas I was lead to believe that culture didnt exist within long haul.

In terms of my roster I am happy, however having said im not looking forward to one trip which is traditionally a very senior one and caused quite a bit of angst amoung the QLH crew on my last trip due to the fact none of them have ever been able to get one so how did I? Who knows.

veronica
5th Jun 2008, 08:36
Charming post Pegasus. :hmm:

You do reap what you sow. LHCC now bitching about their rosters and taking it out on QCCA people. Losers, they get what they are given. Take it out on the scheduling system.

First you vote in a b scale for these people, now you complain because they are getting decent flying. And you steal their hotel rooms because you want to be on the 18th floor instead of the 17th. Snobs! The poor crew member in the post above is now not looking forward to his/her next trip for fear of being berated by fellow cabin crew.

The division has begun, the company are rubbing their hands together, and things will only get worse. I bet the cash bonus in the last EBA is beginning to look a bit weak now.

Beginning of the end, and I told you so!!!! :{

Pegasus747
5th Jun 2008, 09:13
Crew are hysterical about any change and then it dissapates. Far from being the beginning of the end.

Veronica you are always the pessimist. The vast majority are happy, the very FEW that the FAAA newsletter was directed at just need to get a grip.

It was just a timely warning about appropriate behaviour and conversations..just to save some demotions and disciplinary action that would be inevitable if warnings are not heeded

The FAAA is not goinng to stand by and let Qantas sack flight attendants for silly things . hopefully those silly billys out there should heed the warning and modify their behaviour.

If they get sacked or demoted by qantas they will have only themselves to blame.

for the sake of balance, ALL crew should realise that its an adult workplace and they should be prepared for adult conversations. Its not always harrasment because you dont like someone elses opinion. but if someone says something that is inappropriate then you should fisrt tell them, If it persists then report it.

Dont run to management every time someone has a different opinion to you..That's not harrasment.

packrat
5th Jun 2008, 09:49
"How to Bid" training ceased around 1996.
Most CC employed after that date were provided with no formal training on how to use the system.
Now that they have some seniority they are not sure on how to capitalize on it.
There are a couple of crew who I have seen conduct onboard bidding classes in the back galley.I have learnt a few things from these guys and my rosters have improved.
They used to be called Work System Advisors and were disbanded due to cost(which I doubt).
The company has never really wanted CC to know how to bid.
The less crew know the more their rosters are allocated from their standing bids.
Though this process QCCA are able to achieve reasonable rosters.
Put some pressure on the Company to provide "How To Bid "books and some training.
The last" How To Bid" book was published in 1988

cartexchange
5th Jun 2008, 12:59
Well the old " I told you so " applies to this one.
Once again the FAAA puts out another letter that inflames the membership.
I just got back from my day trip and 100% of the crew agreed that it was unnecessary as it clearly set one group against another.

Anyway a retraction should be printed or maybe a full explanation provided to the paying membership.

like I said MM you have got the coat, no need to impress the management

Qantart
5th Jun 2008, 13:32
From Peg

new crew should realise that its an adult workplace and they should be prepared for adult conversations. Its not always harrasment because you dont like someone elses opinion. but if someone says something that is inappropriate then you should first tell them

Dont run to management every time someone has a different opinion to you

Peg... New crew are NOT the only ones who need to understand this. I think you can direct that to BOTH parties... Many of the reports which are currently being submitted are from OLD crew reporting QCCA crew for anything they can... Let's not make this a "new crew" thing. QLH crew need to learn to allow for changes in culture with new crew coming onboard, as do new crew need to adjust to the current culture.....

Bad Hat Harry
5th Jun 2008, 13:53
1.The person who wrote it was a goose
2.MM published it to illustrate the fact that the company wont tolerate poor behaviour and as a result Clause 11s were on the rise.
3.Publishing the e mail was a warning related to number 2(see Above).
4.It was designed to prevent poor behaviour.
Most of us are glad about the new crew and their enthusiasm(it does rub off on us).
Also it has created enormous promotional opportunities for everyone.
Many crew ...both QAL and QCCA have availed themselves of these opportunities
It should be seen as a win win for everyone.
The stupidty and poor behaviour is always confined to the lunatic fringe.
It eventually settles down...some people just dont like change.
If you want a better roster...learn how to bid properly and how to read a diagnositc sheet rather than begrudge someone a decent roster.
Try to improve your own lot in life rather than trying to bring someone elses down

call button
5th Jun 2008, 22:58
Do QCCA crew have any sort of bidding system at all? I know they don't have seniority, but can they request days off or any specific trips? Or do they have no input whatsoever to their rosters?

lovelondon
5th Jun 2008, 23:03
Absolutely no input whatsoever. They can at least request special event leave ( 3 days per year ) but that is it .The specific bid and standing bid functions in CIS have been switched off for all QCCA crew.

Qantart
5th Jun 2008, 23:21
Lovelondon is right, we dont have any access to bid for days off. However, we ave been told that a new system will be put in place in the near future which will allow us to bid for days off in our rosters. If it does happen, will make it easier to some how plan for a life...

packrat
6th Jun 2008, 00:03
Are you able to swap trips...either amongst yourselves or with QAL?
If so...there are some websites that facilitate swaps

Qantart
6th Jun 2008, 00:21
Packrat,

At this stage we can only swap with other QCCA crew, however i believe that they are looking to allow swaps between QCCA and QLH crew. Would be a great option if we coould swap amongst the two groups...

Bla_Bla
6th Jun 2008, 01:09
they should allow QCCA & QAL crew to swap trips amongst themselves.
what happened to we are ALL part of the same LH FA community ???
funny cause this only enforces the idea of group A & B .

indamiddle
6th Jun 2008, 01:31
would make sense if both groups could swap trips between each other, crew happier going to work rather than having a PRA

Pegasus747
6th Jun 2008, 01:51
Trip swaps between QAL and QCCA are not problematic if the QAL crew members is maintaining or dropping hours in the process but if they are picking up hours then qantas is paying twice because QCCA are on Salary and not hours.

If QCCA drop hours in a trade they still get the same salary if QAL pick it up then Qantas has to pay additional hours that they wouldnt have had to if it remained with a QCCA employee.

Some rules are currently being discussed with management i believe with a view trying to find a solution

packrat
6th Jun 2008, 02:54
Nothing is ever bloody easy.

alpine57
6th Jun 2008, 06:53
Bad hat is entirely correct about why the FAAA issued the email about people squabbling etc.

Nearly everyone understood the message and motivation except poor cartexchange who i see continues with the anti MM and anti FAAA rubbish.,

MM tries to prevent fools from being disciplined and tries to get everyone to understand that we must act as one, but poor pathetic caretexchange sees that as some crime! ( obviously because he want's to see division continue).

Anyway the vast bulk of crew support the FAAA and 70% just voted for MM. The first Secretary of the FAAA to win a second term.

It's because of the FAAA and MM that we are in the best position ever and everyone knows that.

Imagine if we had listened to the likes of cartexchange and voted against the EBA........ WE WOULD BE UP S..T CREEK WITHOUT A PADDLE.

Eden99
6th Jun 2008, 07:04
Wouldn't waste your breath alpine.

Remember there is always a small group who don't get it.

What they post on here (like cartexchange) demonstrates that they can't even read an FAAA newsletter much less understand it :)

The good thing is they are not in a position to destroy all of our conditions.

And ditto in your support for the FAAA and MM in particular alpine.

cartexchange
6th Jun 2008, 08:46
well well, looks like the FAAA goon squad is out on force,
If you bunker boys have ever bothered to read my posts you will see that

1 I supported the EBA, and i was quite vocal about it,
2 I totally support the QCCA employees and have stated it so
3 I never criticized the fact that MM got the CSM position
4 I have said that MM does a good job, but he has to fly.
5 I Usually support the FAAA.
6 I dared to criticize the FAAA for a ridiculous letter, actually the second ridiculous letter they have sent out.

As usual the FAAA goon squad come out in force, alpine comes out of the bunker,so does eden and the rest of the Attack squad.

If I were you guys I would be busy retracting that last letter it was insulting and all it did was draw attention to something that doesn't really exist.

Haven't you got anything better to do..... go and tell MM he has the coat and its really not that important to impress management.
Tell him to fill out his "new journal" that should keep him occupied.
By the way, where did MM go on his coaching trip, must have been a shock to fly for the first time in 8 years, or did he get a dispensation for that.

Pegasus747
6th Jun 2008, 11:45
dont know where the 8 years is coming from...i flew with MM when he was a CSS and that was about 6 years ago from memory.. flew in melbourne and sydney as a CSS..

and as for the recent FAAA newsletters they may be controversial but the message is real

Currently 3 CSS's 2 FA and 1 CSM held out of service on Clause 11 issues related to the matters in the newsletters i have been told.

Whilst i do not know who is involved i repeat the warnings to ALL crew just dont get into conversations in the "workplace" that some might find belittling or insulting or may constitute a breach of QF policy

ST has been on Mat leave for 2 weeks and all this has happened since then...seems like the new broom is trying to sweep clean

Heed the FAAA's warning....dont put yourself in unnecessary strife its just not worth it.....cl 11's are really stressful and can result in termination or demotion

the FAAA are just trying to warn those that cant help themselves....its member against member. What are the FAAA supposed to do?? ignore it and hope it will all go away??? or pretend its not a problem

Ask the crew recently stood down and facing demotion or termination

Muffin Head
6th Jun 2008, 11:50
Probably a silly question but can you join the union online?

Pegasus747
6th Jun 2008, 11:55
you can email the FAAA at [email protected] and they will send you all the relevant applcation forms and credit card deduection authorities etc

Muffin Head
6th Jun 2008, 12:01
Thanks. I was one of the "bad ones" for not joining when i first started with QCCA. I will email them for the info.

cartexchange
6th Jun 2008, 12:20
pegasus your explanation is very clear.

Maybe you should have a word to your mates in the FAAA communication centre to think about the wording next time.

However you have stated the situation very clearly.

So basically what you are saying is that the "terminator" is marking his terretory just like a dog does........by p!ss!ing on everything and everyone:ouch:

blackguard
6th Jun 2008, 22:46
You sure are easily offended.
The Teminator has taken over Tarantula's job.
A perfect example of someone who is totally incompetent and gets promoted .

indamiddle
7th Jun 2008, 02:46
i know that crew are subject to a drugs and alcohol policy. just wondering if managers can also be tested. a certain person in QCC comes to mind

Eden99
7th Jun 2008, 03:18
cartexchange, you profess you support the FAAA, say that MM does a good job etc , but every one of your posts is anti FAAA :-

eg references to the "goon squad"

comments that MM hasn't flown for 8 years etc... where do you get this crap from? Everyone knows MM hasn't flown whilst he has headed the FAAA ie the last four years.

And that is entirely appropriate because the FAAA has to be managed, the staff managed and industrial issues dealt with.

You seem to think it is some sort of part time hobby...... and you think the best EBA in our history occurred by accident.

It occurred because MM is professional and so are the other senior people in the FAAA.

pERHAPS MM should treat 3500 peoples livelihoods as a hobby, and come in for a few days at the FAAA in a roster, and then you will be the first one shrieking why our conditions are being destroyed etc etc

You forget prior to MM, what the situation was like when previous heads of the FAAA had no idea.

So don't pretend you support the FAAA when every one of your posts is carping and critical of the FAAA.

What is clear to me and to most people i speak to, is that they are glad we have people like MM and SR leading the FAAA.

Where would we be now if we had listened to the loonies amongst us??

The flying would have gone to Short Haul or overseas and we would have gone out the door.

So cartexchange if you think you can do better, you run against MM next time in 2012. I'm sure you will get the same support that Paul Saliba did.

To MM i say, keep on doing what you are doing and that is, getting the runs on the board. Disregard elements like cartexchange who can't even understand a newsletter from the FAAA asking for unity and trying to prevent people getting dismissed.

There is an old saying .. "empty vessels make the most noise" and cartexchange is an example of this.

cart_elevator
7th Jun 2008, 04:17
Well I say good luck to the QCCA guys if they are getting good rosters. I know my rosters have improved dramatically! I have seen a few QCCA crew get things that I have bidded for though, but then again I have always been out-bidded by people junior to me :} probably just the way I bid,this girl doesnt get computers :confused: Is there a manual on how to bid? Never did anything but a standing bid before as I was in the bottom 20. was never taught how to bid in training etiher.

does anyone know if its true we are moving to the airport Regal in HKG? One of the managers on QCC1 told me this last week. I didn't think the FAAA allowed us to stay at airport hotels :confused: Its gunna be a long trek into the city,especially given the short slips we have there now :eek:

cartexchange
9th Jun 2008, 07:20
ahhhh well at least one thing doesn't change and that is Eden and his attacks on me! keep them coming at least there is one consistency.

Anyway the FAAA is a great organisation and invaluable to our conditions, so don't twist my words Eden.

Bla_Bla
11th Jun 2008, 12:11
so far from what i have seen economy FA's in mel and syd are far better off than BFA's when it comes to the "quality and variety" of their rosters.

argus.moon
11th Jun 2008, 16:55
So how many rosters have you "seen".
To make a statement like that you must have "seen" hundreds.
Highly unlikely.
Go stir the pot somewhere else.

Sunfish
11th Jun 2008, 20:51
Hmmmm, after reading some of this thread quickly, I wonder if you guys are being deliberately set up to fight amongst yourselves? Some people in QF apparently have a habit of using PPrune to foment Fear Uncertainty and Doubt (FUD) amongst their next target.

I am not and never have been CC, but I am well aware of the passions that bids and rosters can generate, the subtle nuances of pecking order, and the angst perceived preferential treatment can cause (never did get one of those freebies to Hawaii for the weekend, but then I'm an ugly old codger).

Pitting QCCA staff against LHCC seems to me to be a good QF tactic in the lead up to any industrial negotiations, since it will weaken peoples resolve. Just read the engineers EBA thread if you have the time. Or maybe its just narcissistic QF management dealing out a little pain because they like to since it makes them feel good.

I haven't worked out who is trolling here, I'll leave that to you, but the opening post of the thread itself is suspect: "Gee what I wonderful roster I've got, and I'm only QCCA". To me, that is calculated to be a red rag to a bull.

Some of you might like to think about this a little, would I be right in thinking that LHCC are obviously targeted for removal and substitution by QCCA? If so, and QF does nothing to defuse the friction generated by this roster business, you can bet they want it to continue and intensify.

lowerlobe
11th Jun 2008, 21:16
Sunfish is right on the money and it is something that I have said for a long time....

There are a number of people who post here who are using this forum as a political tool.There is no point in naming these people but if you look at their posts it is fairly clear who or where they are...

These people are most probably not crew and have an agenda that is at odds with what crew are trying to achieve...

If you take the bait you are giving them exactly what they want...

bulstrode
12th Jun 2008, 10:27
The next LHCC EBA is 5 years away.
In the interim I will continue to do what I have always done:My Job Well.
The trolls can stir all they like.....it means nothing to me.
I dont care which room in a hotel Im allocated.
After 25 years I am finally getting reasonable rosters and if I dont I beg borrow steal and swap until the roster has a semblance of what is acceptable.
All this peripheral sniping is water off a ducks back.
Life is good ...at least for another 5 years and after that well we'll see.
No hurry... all in good time...I will leave when I'm ready.
I just keep my head below the radar.
BTW I will outlive Dixon.
He will leave Qantas before I do
He will leave this life before I do...Kharma sorts out people like Old Scrotum Face....he already has a dodgy ticker.
The Dame has one....Scrotum Face is one(an oldie but a goodie)

Pegasus747
12th Jun 2008, 10:41
Blustrode... great post...just puts it all in context :)

cielazur
28th Jul 2008, 13:54
Hi guys

With the new roster for QCCA crew being rostered to less than 193 hours, I have a whole stretch of A days in the middle of the roster.

My question is, can I call ops up and volunteer to work those days, or would the strict hour limits be adhered to?

This thread has suddenly become so quiet... Where has all the QCCA enthusiasm gone?

indamiddle
30th Jul 2008, 09:16
cielazur, cabin crew have been migrating to a new website. ask around on board. i won't pass it on here (my own reasons)