PDA

View Full Version : American Airlines Pulls Plug On Stansted

KENNEDY TOWER
1st Jun 2008, 05:57
Hi,

My first post, just read in local Herts and Essex Observer that American Airlines last flight out of Stansted will be July 2. First Maxjet in April followed by Eos now Silverjet out of Luton. This is Americans second try to make a go of Stansted but stil no luck. Although American are on a severe cut cutting back overall by 12%. undortunately another sigh of the times. Good luck to all the Pilots and Cabin Crew that will be laid off, very sad situation. Unfortunately I have heard from a reliable source that of the approx 50 low cost airlines that by the end of this year only the big 4 will be left

Keep up the good work pprune our site is a great source of information
:(

KeyPilot
1st Jun 2008, 09:21
Bit puzzled by the comment "I have heard from a reliable source that of the approx 50 low cost airlines that by the end of this year only the big 4 will be left"

This is an opinion not information, so it is more prediction skills than reliability I would look for in ascertaining the credibility of such sources.

I think 50 to 4 within 7 months is a bit (nay, a lot) of an extreme prediction - but I would definitely expect to see a few disappear. This has been covered on other threads