PDA

View Full Version : BMI regional

jabbejokker
31st May 2008, 20:14
Hello.
I am currently employed by an american carrier flying the EMB145. Im in a desparate financial situation as my take home pay is around 1200$ per month. I was considering BMI as an option. The issue is that i don't have a UK IR. I do however have the right to work in the EU, and a UK CPL and ATPL theory. i have 1500TT and 500hours on the ERJ. If you would be so kind and answer a couple of questions.

1:what are my chances of getting an interview?
2: Since i alredy have an EMB145 TR and 500 hours on type, would BMI consider a IR-conversion conjoined with the ERJ-TR Conversion?
3:Is it expensive to live in the UK?
4:What is the cmd-upgrade period like (hours/time)?
5:Do I get travel benefits on BA?
6:How many days off pr month?
7:Vacation time?

Thank you

Joachim

Mister Geezer
1st Jun 2008, 13:10
bmi Regional is overcrewed at the moment (Certainly was a couple of months ago). No recruitment as far as I am led to believe!

jabbejokker
1st Jun 2008, 13:13
How about Other 145 operators?

six-sixty
1st Jun 2008, 18:28
Flybe have been taking contractors on the 145 as a stop gap while their crews upgrade to the Q400, so it's not really a long term option.

Re the converting the IR you'd have to also do the JAA writtens. If you've got the memory of a hamster like most of us youd best allow 4-5 months min of graft to get through them.

atb SS

portsharbourflyer
1st Jun 2008, 19:03
If you have an FAA ATP and a rating on ERJ145 with 500 multi crew hours you should only need to do an LST on the ERJ with a JAA examiner to be credited a JAA multicrew IR and JAA ERJ rating.

Regards to the exams if you sat the old UK CAA exams (as opposed to UK issued JAA Exams) then the fact you haven't completed an UK IR it is likely you will have lost the credits from these. Hence as mentioned above you will need to take all 14 exams.

oapilot
1st Jun 2008, 21:51
while their crews upgrade to the Q400

Thank you. You've brightened up a boring Sunday evening! :{

fly616
5th Jul 2008, 14:58
Can anyone give me an insight into the sim check with bmi Regional?

Thanks