PDA

View Full Version : iPod froze

tony draper
31st May 2008, 19:19
Just had a phone call from neighbor across the way,his wee laddie is downloading summat from his desktop to his iPod,puter freezes, ie screen freezes nowt happening, requires reboot,puter boots back up ok but now i Pod is frozen,ie does not operate screen locked up buttons don't work,anybody got any knowledge of these devices? advised him to try taking the batteries out and then putting them back,this does not appear to have helped.
The laddie has only had this i Pod for a couple of weeks,greatfull for any avice I can pass on.

Salusa
31st May 2008, 19:25
Linky with info...

Otherwise warranty job.

How did he manage to take the battery/cell out. Are they not sealed units?

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1320

tony draper
31st May 2008, 19:43
Well not sure if he did remove batteries,said neighbor has gone out so just spoke to wee laddie,he says his dad did something but his gear is still not working,have to admit I know absolutely zip about i Pods except they are some kind of music storage playback device,one is quite happy wi one's Edison Phonograph.
Like you say sounds like a warranty job,just thought it might be a common i Pod problem with a simple solution.
:)
Thanks anyway
Update rang neighbor to give that link and he says sprogs i Pod is now working ok,he doesn't know what his sprog did.
Mine goes wrong I just wind the handle up ont side and change the needle
Thanks again chaps.
:rolleyes:

cldrvr
31st May 2008, 20:33
Togle the hold switch on and off then press Menu and the Center (Select) button simultanously for 10 secs, voila soft reset without loosing the data, you will have lost the customised settings.

Common problem, easy solution.

timmcat
31st May 2008, 21:58
Ref battery... it's possible but not easy. I changed the battery on my daughters Ipod Mini. Took about 15 mins of pratting about but succeeded.

marks132
1st Jun 2008, 18:27
Hi tony,

There is a reset that can be done,which can be downloaded from the apple website.It's something like turn lock button off and then on and the press and hold the down button and centre button until the apple shows up on the screen.I think it's something like that but just check on the website.