PDA

View Full Version : Dallaglio bows out

selfloadingcargo
31st May 2008, 18:47
Thoroughly enjoyed the match at Twickers (largest ever crowd anywhere for a league/divisional game apparently). Some great tries but above all a most appropriate way for Lawrence Bruno Nero to bow out (guess one must be grateful Italy were less of a force when he was growing up).

Just makes it all the more obvious that what England really lack now is someone with his passion and his ability to inspire to lead the team on the field. I fear the current choice is uninspiring - let's hope I'm wrong.....

BlueWolf
1st Jun 2008, 06:41
He's retiring AGAIN? How long for this time?

How old must he be by now? (actually I thought he was dead;))

Seriously though, he has been a superb player and a fine ambassador for his country and the game. Well done that man. May be there be many more of his ilk to follow his example.
:ok:

Track Coastal
1st Jun 2008, 09:05
Seriously though, he has been a superb player and a fine ambassador for his country and the game. Well done that man. May be there be many more of his ilk to follow his example.

Ditto:D

Up there with Murray Mexted, Wayne Shelford, Toutai Kefu and Zinzan Brooke as one of the best No8s I've seen. Impact players not just Donkeys that ruck.

5 gets yer 10, he'll be inducted here in 09... http://www.rugbyhalloffame.com/

S'land
1st Jun 2008, 14:39
He should get into the Hall of Fame. I only read the BBC reort, but it seemed as though it was a good game. What a comeback for Wasps, considering where they stood in the table before Christmas.

merlinxx
1st Jun 2008, 14:54
As a Taffia member, sad to see a great man retire, I true gentleman and should be inducted before next season starts.

Binoculars
1st Jun 2008, 15:33
Did he shag Di too?

Richard Taylor
1st Jun 2008, 17:08
Maybe I'm thinking of a different Dallaglio, but is this the same Dallaglio that was fined for bringing the game into disrepute on the back of a newspaper "sting" in which he boasted of taking & dealing in drugs?? He denied it subsequently, but still copped a fine from the RFU.

No, can't be. :hmm:

selfloadingcargo
1st Jun 2008, 17:33
What a nasty little post. His life outside rugby has, I'm sure, included mistakes. So has mine - and maybe even yours has too, RT.

This thread celebrated his contribution as a player.

I hope your friends are more generous to you when you retire.

Richard Taylor
1st Jun 2008, 18:14
Yup...none of which involved trotting along to a hotel willingly before being found out by the press. Then crying foul.

Sorry, I cannot join in the fawning.

And as this is Jetblast, we can agree to....:ok:

Wingswinger
1st Jun 2008, 21:06
Yup...none of which involved trotting along to a hotel willingly before being found out by the press. Then crying foul.

Would you like to say that to Mr Dallaglio's face?

A great, hard, but very sporting player. :D.

er indoors
1st Jun 2008, 21:26
"a fine ambassador for his country" - I think not and certainly not someone I would want my children to look up to. He may have been a fine player but the drug "incident" will always colour my view.

BlooMoo
1st Jun 2008, 21:52
LD retiring? Excellent, Scottish rugby prospects have improved dramatically. Best of luck to the big man.

BlueWolf
2nd Jun 2008, 00:56
What's wrong with famous people snorting coke if they can afford it? :confused::confused:

As for kids and drugs, I caught No. 3 Daughter puffing on a fag this morning. Very embarrassed and contrite she was. Filthy habit. I gave it away 17 years ago, but her mother and two sisters all smoke.

Good job she didn't spot me having a crafty hair of the dog, is all I can say.

Right, away to polish my crack pipes.

I'm joking about the crack pipes.

Track Coastal
2nd Jun 2008, 04:53
This gem should be included in a coaching video somewhere. Awesome stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0PFkN9YGD4