PDA

View Full Version : Frustrating mini windows in Outlook Express

Bear Cub
19th Sep 2000, 05:33
Aaaaaaarrrrgggghhhhh!!!!

I was stupid enough to fall for the advert and have downloaded Internet Explorer 5.5 - which has automatically upgraded (?) Outlook Express (my life line to the World).

Whenever I click "New Message" or "Reply" I am confronted with a ludicrously small window to write in. Oh, it will expand to full size at the click of the button - but PLEASE tell me how to get maximised windows instantly. PLEASE.

------------------
Hunting is bad!!
Support the right to arm Bears!!

matelot
19th Sep 2000, 11:22
Couldn't find any help on it in Windows - BUT, click on new or reply (to any message), drag out the box to a comfortable size, then close it.

Every subsequent reply or new message should remember the size of the last box and open at that size.

However, I suspect you've done that and it isn't remembering.... so I'll check further!

------------------
Me, sweat? I'm that cool, it's condensation.

InFinRetirement
19th Sep 2000, 12:03
Dead simple really!

When the 'box to write in' comes up just hover your cursor at the edges of the box until you see the 'which way' arrows - then you can widen it as much as you want.

See! Told you it was simple.

Bear Cub
19th Sep 2000, 15:08
Doh!.

I thought I'd tried that - and when I shut down the programme, then re-opened it, it had reset to little windows again.

I'll have another go.

Thanks.

------------------
Hunting is bad!!

Bokkerijder
20th Sep 2000, 00:50
I know it's not exactly what you've asked for, but you can also double-click anywhere on the top bar (where it says "new message") of the new message you're creating.

Bear Cub
20th Sep 2000, 05:47
HA!!

Seems to have worked. Thanks guys (and gals).

------------------
Hunting is bad!!