PDA

View Full Version : Downloading info straight to brain!

modelcuirstudios
31st May 2008, 16:02
I saw a news article on yahoo...where a teacher who used to work for the MOD said that in 30 years children would be able to download all the work into their heads...cutting out learning...
That is terrible I think...

Can you imagine the consequencses that if Yobs who are lazy and very bad and always stealing, murdering decided to sit at a computer and gain intelligence on how to do things that would cause sinister situations..i.e hacking...or just being even more clever to outsmart a good person into going with them somewhere.

I'm sorry but intelligence or no intelligence some people are just evil and letting yobs just download info is wrong...

And anyway I think if we learnt that way then there would be no excersise of the mind or a feel of self-gratification...

modelcuirstudios
31st May 2008, 16:14
If it did I would feel society would implode

http://www.channel4.com/news/articles/uk/kids+set+for+matrix+future/2265987

Davaar
31st May 2008, 16:51
This Parry leaves himself open to a thrust or two. He himself still has a fair distance to go before he reaches Nirvana. He writes:

"I think people will be able to directly access, Matrix-style, all the vocabulary you need for a foreign language, leaving you just to clear up the grammar."

UNQUOTE

Noun: "people"
Pronoun: "you"
Comment: No

Usage: "to directly access"
Comment: (a) split infinitive
(b) besides, "access" is a noun, not a verb

Word: "Matrix-style"
Comment: What in hell?

Modifier: "just"
Comment: He may be a just man, but only just.

Whirlygig
31st May 2008, 16:58
Downloading info straight to brain!
Isn't that called ..... reading?? :confused:

Cheers

Whirls

Rightbase
31st May 2008, 16:59
It's already happening.

to all of us.

A direct feed into our knowledge, memories, experience etc.

but the technology is too valuable to waste on 'learning'

so it is used to impart the knowledge 'they' want us to have

about the need they implant

for the products 'they' want us to buy

It is called television advertising

and we lap it up.
It works.

PS - it can also be used for educational purposes - and it is, very effectively. But even though it does not involve any significant 'per copy' cost, the licences to use and run it in school are outrageously expensive, and unlike text books which can be used year after year (if the government leave the curriculum alone that long) these licences are an ongoing annual drain on resources.

And I'm suspicious of my own belief that we need them. :}

tony draper
31st May 2008, 17:28
Things go on as they are thirty years from now our young are more likely to be found sitting at the cave entrance being taught how to make flint arrow heads.
:)

Sam-MAN
31st May 2008, 17:55
Can you imagine the consequencses that if Yobs who are lazy and very bad and always stealing, murdering decided to sit at a computer and gain intelligence on how to do things that would cause sinister situations..i.e hacking...or just being even more clever to outsmart a good person into going with them somewhere.

Yes, because all us 'yoof' are yobs and have nothing better to do than go round peoples lives hell.

:hmm:

modelcuirstudios
31st May 2008, 18:30
@Rightbase..........Hey I dont fall for marketing :p I go straight to the facts...For example:

Weight watchers : Only 5 grams of fat per biscuit...

**Erm no actually some products out there that say only 5grams of fat per biscuit are actually more high in fat than marsbars

I've seen weight watchers stuff higher in fat than products that arent for diets and are exactly the same product but not being advertised as diet food...

Anyway Like when I bought my camera I reviewed all forums from good members...then went somewhere else to review...then I went to the supercentre abroad reviewed that for being bad conmen but still went for the crack...Cant believe how much good liers they are...
So I bought my camera from a good reputable company :)

Now read Internet Neutrality...that is a real problem that is coming in by some internet service providers...not net neutrality but the demise of it.

CUNIM
31st May 2008, 18:36
This direct brain input for learning has been around for years now, but not utilised since the 1960s. It was called a clip around the ear.

modelcuirstudios
31st May 2008, 18:59
Sam-man you are weird

G-CPTN
31st May 2008, 19:06
Sort of like Short Circuit?
"Stephanie - No 5 needs input . . . "

The SSK
31st May 2008, 20:32
I have absolutely no doubt that in 50 years' time people (will they still be called 'people'?) will have intercranial chips onto which can be downloadad information, but the first use is likely to be leisure and recreation because that's where the money will be.

Want a 2-week holiday in Bali? No need to worry about your carbon footprint, just download it directly into your brain, sit down in a darkened room and enjoy. Ditto if you want to go to a live concert or take part in the Monaco Grand Prix. There'll be grubby little 'don't go there' websites where you can have sex with Lady Diana or Britney Spears, or even Mrs Thatcher.

Thankfully, I will be dead by then.

tony draper
31st May 2008, 21:12
One suspects such noggin implants are much more likely to used to download the latest shoot em up rather than Shakespeare.
:rolleyes:

The SSK
31st May 2008, 21:28
First you have to buy BrainBooster IQMax ClassicLit, then you can enjoy Shakespeare in all his glory. Titus Andronicus has more blood and gore in it than a shoot em up anyway.