PDA

View Full Version : C47 - DAK flight @ SEN

HZ123
31st May 2008, 10:58
Took the flight last night and would have to say even at £99 it was 30 minutes very well spent. I would recommend the experience to everyone.

treadigraph
1st Jun 2008, 09:19
I had a go last weekend - an absolute delight.

Well done to Mike Collett and Classic Flight for making the opportunity available, and I hope EASA or the CAA can be persuaded to exempt these fine aeroplanes from the legislation.

A brickbat to Bromley Council who wouldn't allow the flights to take place from Biggin, but it was nice to have a chance to fly out of Southend instead.

The Flying Pram
3rd Jun 2008, 19:10
I flew on G-AMRA last Saturday from Norwich - absolutely wonderful, and all credit to Air Atlantique for keeping this grand old lady flying. NO credit to the bureaucrats who've effectively finished her passenger carrying days.

I do hope this situation can be reversed in the future.

HEATHROW DIRECTOR
3rd Jun 2008, 20:07
G-AMRA has been around a bit. I first saw it over my parents house in Morden on 1 January 1957. Next time I saw it was at the Farnborough Air Show in 2006 when I took this snap:
http://www.brendan-mccartney.fotopic.net/p31988944.html

asmccuk
4th Jun 2008, 16:20
I also had a flight on the first of the many flights operated by G-AMRA out of Norwich last Saturday 31 May. Absolutely marvellous to hear and feel the big round engines again from inside. Well done to Air Atlantique. I even bought the T-shirt!
They operated G-AMPY out of Norwich for a number of flights on Sunday 1 June, so being a real ancient anorak I went back to watch and listen!
Maybe someone will tell us later how many flights the Dakota fleet completed during this Final Tour.

asmccuk

HZ123
5th Jun 2008, 14:08
The support team at sen said that they had sold over 30,000 seats on the farwell trip. Adding that they had not anticipated anything like this sort of takeup more around the 10000 even on a good day. I would imagine that AA may wish that they had been flying summer pleasure flights every summer to this extent.

treadigraph
5th Jun 2008, 14:55
Blimey, that's an extraordinary figure - with the two aircraft, 32 seats was it?; masthmatically challenged though I am, I make that a minimum 468.75 flights to get all those bums aloft... And, given the chance, I would certainly go again.