PDA

View Full Version : Confirmed/Cancelled Leave

Sand Man
31st May 2008, 09:41
I have been allocated leave for July and as yet have not received any indication that my leave will be confirmed or cancelled. Vol 1 states that 'Other awards will be confirmed 12 weeks before each leave period, provided that operational circumstances permit.' From my understanding the roster for July is basically complete 1 week before it is released meaning that there is only 1 week for CC to work on it from today. Are there many others waiting to see if their leave will be confirmed or taken off them. I know guys that have leave cancelled after being confirmed which leads to the problem of bidding with no slots available for the rest of the year. This will have a compounding effect next year if the leave then has to be carried forward.
Just wondering what is causing the leave problem, is it?
Lack of aircrew - no crew shortage apparently
Too many new services - see first point
Too much overtime being flown - aircrew running into 900hrs/yr limitIs it not bad enough that we don't normally get the leave we want, for when we are allocated leave we really don't know if we are going to get it or not, therefore, unable to plan holidays due to the possibility of having to cancel.

The Management
31st May 2008, 10:07
You will receive your leave when we release it to you. We must protect the operations first and the crew second (777 Chief Pilot case in point).

If you don’t like it, leave. Many joining on COS 08 to take your spot.

You will not know if you receive leave until the roster is published. In our opinion, it is more that enough time to make plans.

To My Bonus.