PDA

View Full Version : Outlook Professional

Trader
14th Dec 2000, 02:15
Does anyone use Outlook Professional as there email client?
I was using Outlook Express previously and when I recieved an email with a jpg or gif it would just show up in the main body of the email. With the professional Edition it shows up as an icon. I cannot click on the icon to view it because I get a message saying OPEN (which I click) that leads to the message "no program associated with it".

In the end I have to right click, click on "quick view" to get the jpg up.

As for the gif files, I can't even do that. I have to save them to a file and use a viewer to look at it.

Any ideas???

Tallbloke
14th Dec 2000, 03:17
Don't know about Outlook Professional, I use Outlook 2000, part of Office 2K. When I receive attatchments, Outlook launches the appropriate program to veiw the file. In my case, with jpegs, Paintshop Pro. If you are using Outlook as part of the Office suite you should be able to install MS Photo Editor, a basic pix programme. When it is installed it registers itself as your default viewer for certain file types, one of which will be jpegs.
If the cat trys to sit on the keyboard one more time so help me I will strangle it.

Tinstaafl
14th Dec 2000, 18:53
MS have a patch that gives the equivalent ability of Outlook Express' '3 pane view' to Outlook 97/98/2000.

I think this patch also allows pics. to be viewed in the display pane as well.

Can't remember what it's called but it can be found on the MS Office update site.