PDA

View Full Version : ATC clearance for NVFR Flight HBB to CN

Nards
30th May 2008, 22:08
I was wondering if anyone knew if ATC would be likely to give a clearance to do a NVFR flight from the Harbour Bridge to Ryde Bridge to Prospect then Camden at 2500ft? Just trying to plan a nice scenic around Sydney at night.

Any info appreciated.

airman1
30th May 2008, 22:29
It will depend on ATC's workload and if RWY 16 is active you wont get clearance. I have done a similar Nav at night but I waited until about 9pm.
Just watch your Lower safe around HBB and PRT I think from memory it is around 2200ft.

Have fun:ok:

bentleg
30th May 2008, 22:33
It can be done - but it depends what is happening on the N/S runway at YSSY. My experience is it is hard to get the clearance.

For a night scenic from Camden I usually go up the lane to Hornsby then across to Round Corner then back down the lane, continuing to Bringelly and NDB intercept from the North into Camden.

aero979
30th May 2008, 22:48
Yep it's easier if you head north to hornsby and then down from sydney's north eastern suburbs. If 16 is in use or the control zone is busy, the clearance will usually include a restriction to stay north of the harbour's southern shore line and east of the harbour bridge. I had a mate though who was given free reign because it was quiet, he was doing orbit's over sydney international... until they booted him out!

Nards
30th May 2008, 23:52
Thanks for the info guys. Looks like I'll chuck in the plan to try LRF, SYHD, HBB, RYB, PSP, BRY, SCN at 2500 (maybe with a couple of orbits of the bridge) and see what I get. I'm coming from Cessnock and plan to hit the coast at Barrenjoey so if I don't get the clearance at LRF I'll just head, as has been suggested, across to Round Corner, Prospect, Bringelly CN.

We will be inbound probably around 2000-2030 local so probably will be busy I guess, but we can only ask.

Thanks for all the help.

Ciao
Nards