PDA

View Full Version : Marketing Scam Alert!!!!

Thomas_Harrison91
29th May 2008, 13:18
Right here in the UK!!! Thanks for the previous threads guys!

I've done my research... And "integrated Modular" is a cruel con!!

It doesn't actually exist, BCFT have lied to us all, the concept is a swizz!

Marketing rubbish. Full marks to them, but they shall get none of my money, watch this FTO very carefully!

The huge fleet.. is actually 5 aircraft. 2 battered dutchess' and one manky arrow, and the other 2...well :ouch:

I do have however, have good news. PAT cut the crap and explained it all superbly, i shall go there i think, they shall get my money.

Watch Out! please!

expedite08
29th May 2008, 13:48
The manky arrow is actually a pleasure to fly!! The school does use quite a bit of marketing. The instructors are generally good. One or two exceptional ones in my opinion. The Head of training is a very unique individual, who conducts the cockpit cohesion briefs ( CRM stuff ) balance of power etc between student and instructor. Ie how not to shout and ball, then gives you a full dose of shouting and balling once airbourne!! A good example of how never to instruct!!

Apart from that, not a bad little outfit.

HappyFran
29th May 2008, 14:06
A little over reaction me thinks :=

With a little more experience I think you will begin to be able to decern Marketing hypebole from reality. That is why it is so important to visit as many FTO's as possible and form your own opinion, rather than blindly absorbing and believing the glossy brochures.

IMHO BCFT is a good outfit and I would recommend them. I have also heard good things about PAT..so that may be a good choice for you..assuming you have visited them :ooh:

Actual a good use of time would be to visit BCFT, PAT and Cabair as they are within ~200m of each other.

But you should also take a look at Old Sarum as they are close to you, very good, very friendly and will take you through PPL at a good price. :)

RTN11
29th May 2008, 14:11
I'm about to start my groundschool with BCFT, although I havn't decided whether to do the flying there aswell.

From a groundschool point of view they seem to have a good set up. I havn't flown their "manky arrow" so can't comment.

geordiejet
29th May 2008, 14:12
HappyFran you are so right.

The amount of times I've seen flashy websites, glossy brochures and full page ads - the majority of schools look nothing like reality.

Two of the schools I've attended were the opposite of what their websites and marketing portrayed. They seemed to be large, modern institutions, whereas in reality, they were based in little shacks, with slightly less cutting edge facilities compared to what their websited say!

But to back up this post - be very careful with marketing. A few cleverly placed words can cover things up, and make a place sound excellent - but we all know statistics can be presented in a way that can support anything you say.

JB007
29th May 2008, 14:44
PAT are superb though. I had a great time:ok:

HappyFran
29th May 2008, 14:58
Just been looking at the BCFT brouchure. I don't think anywhere does it state that the courses operated are 'Integrated'.
The only Uk schools that run 'Integrated' courses are CTC, Cabair(Cranield) and OTT.
Everyone else,(including PAT) run modular programmes. Some do all the modules, some just a few.
BCFT run all the modules. There 'Jetline' programme is what I call 'Sequential Modular', my words not theres ;)
In general most people consider it a good idea to do the CPL/ME/IR at one school. The PPL and ATPL theory can be done elsewhere.
You should be aware that, to the best of my knowledge, PAT does not run an ATPL ground school. I believe it is distance learning. This may or maynot suit you.
If you plan to do distance learning, you should also consider Bristol as they are highly regarded and many people use there question bank.

Finally I think you are being a little harse / judgemental on the state of the BCFT aircraft. Whilst I am not very experienced, I have flown a few aircraft and think that the aircraft at BCFT are OK and certainly fit for purpose. Most FTO aircraft have a pretty hard life and can look more tired than they actually are.:)

G SXTY
29th May 2008, 15:55
Another recommendation for PAT - very high standards and links with an airline or two.

mb2ai
29th May 2008, 17:12
Well, BCFT do NOT claim to be integrated. They offer a modular service. Ive vistied many FTOs, and BCFT was the one which cut all the crap. I went to visit, and they told me how it is, without any rubbish. They claim to be 'what you see is whagt you get' . Period.

Quel Surprise! Ive since joined and am very happy.

1. If you read the brochure, you'd see that they dont claim to be integrated.
2. If you did any research about integrated / modular (i.e. the first thing you do...) you'd know that there a few integrated schools in the UK. BCFT isnt one of them.
3. If you had to wait to get down there to find out that theres no such thing as an 'Integrated Modular Course'. Then you should find out some more about chhosing your path before slating BCFT.

What BCFT do do, is they will take you from Ab initio to fATPL in a structured way. Their Jetline course (which is modular), is a personal service, and up to you how you do it. Whichever way you want to do it, they will help you.

Where else can you do PPL to MCC in one place, back to back, with an open door policy and a first name basis with all the staff? (For circa 40K)

PS. An unbiased opinion :} BCFTs duchesses, are probably 2 of the best kep ive seen. Are you sure you didnt see the Cabair Duchesses :P .

ivehad2many
29th May 2008, 18:18
Its very rare for any school to get you jobs (not impossible) but I would be interested to hear from G SXTY how many students have got places from PAT with their direct links to Flybe (http://www.flybe.com/) Highland Airways (http://www.highlandairways.co.uk/) and Jet2 (http://www.jet2.com/).

While airlines are starting to realise 'intergrated' isn't the only option to recruitment (like BA years ago)... they still state, even at heathrow flyer shows, they want you to do everything if possible 'one-stop-modular'. 2 at the most.

Personally i beleive every school instructs to high standards... the CAA's !! for a FTO choice myself i chose BCFT as the friendly staff, good aircraft, A** most realistic dutchess sim ever seen, busy and professional atmosphere, and they get you into the social side having fun on an odd evening.

BCFT is one of the few places like people say, that'll take you from nothing to PPL to fATPL inc MCC with thet 'Jetline' course and theres extra optionals to add from Aero's, FIC's to JOC's (and their pricing is hard to match).

End of the day go see a few FTO's, talk to the staff, talk to the actual students there NOW and see how their enjoying it, not years ago, and make up your own mind rather than taking peoples views on here for gospel.

Forums always cause arguements as everyones different. Its your money, do what you like with it, but make sure your happy with your decissions :ok:

G SXTY
29th May 2008, 18:57
No school 'gets you a job.' Take any such promises / suggestions / hints with a huge dose of salt - it is not within the school's power to 'get you a job'.

What may happen is this: as a student you impress the school, both with your flying ability and your attitude and professionalism. If the school has airline contacts, and those airlines happen to be recruiting, they may well ask the school for suitable CVs. Through a combination of aptitude, attitude and good timing, your CV may go straight to the top of the pile. Therefore the school may be able to get you an interview. Which is half the battle, but you are the one who has to pass the interview and sim assessment. The best you will get from any school is a foot in the door.

I was at PAT for three months last autumn; of the people who trained with me, four had interviews with Jet2, one was offered a job. Five students had interviews with Flybe and four of us are now driving Q400s. :ok: I know there have been more interviews since then. For a small school, that represents a significant percentage of their students, which is no mean feat and is testimony to the quality of instruction.

I think you'll find more than one Pprune mod is ex-PAT too.

ivehad2many
29th May 2008, 19:19
will agree with that... how i got my job and many others have, just with bcft different school, different contacts, different company. They dont tell people they have these links though. kinda unfair to announce

'and links with an airline or two'

Saw you wrote that and assumed PAT did like CTC etc. see how picking people can get when it comes to promoting a FTO :ok:

Nearly There
29th May 2008, 19:19
Thomas Harrison you win the award for spouting sh1te...

BCFT is one of the best schools you can go to.

1. A/C are in great condition, well equiped, and do there job well
2. Not many schools have a sim like BCFTs
3. Marketing scam it is not, its a great idea to keep students at 1 school, and its for the good of the student to have a structured well managed and monitored course.
4. I've done my research Not very well!
5. Career instructors, quite rare to find at most modular schools
6. The place is open and honest, if you want to go and sit in a class or back seat a flight you can.

I suggest you go back to the drawing board and start again, an attitude like yours will not go far, if your prepared to come on here and slate a school, its staff and a/c without so much as an ounce of truth or experience to back it up.
I did my ATPL ground school at BCFT and would have stayed for the flight training if it wasnt so far from home.
Grow up and good luck with your training, and please no more posts like that unless you have actual experience at a school and a genuine complaint.

chrisbl
29th May 2008, 19:39
But you should also take a look at Old Sarum as they are close to you, very good, very friendly and will take you through PPL at a good price. :)

I think they have gone out of business.

http://forums.flyer.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=44515

no sponsor
29th May 2008, 20:16
I got my job through a recommendation from the CFI at PAT.

Don't expect you can just turn up, pay the bill and get recommended, however.

HappyFran
29th May 2008, 21:13
Big shame about Old Sarum.
Had ad in local paper last week for reception staff :confused::confused::confused:
Hope it is a short term problem.
Great bunch of people, with real commitment.real shame
Flew last Saturday, due to fly on Saturday !!:{:{
Am owed a few ££ paid on credit card..wonder how to get that back :confused:

Anyway back on topic... have seen repeated high emotions when anyone praises or critises a FTO. I thought unbalanced reactive responses were not condusive to making a good pilot :suspect::suspect:

Only way for a Wannabee to choose school is to;
1. Try to decode FTO glossy
2. Read threads on forums like Pprune...and try to decode :eek:
3. Visit as many FTO's as you can and ask 20 questions.

How about listing 10 or so questions that you asked or wished you asked before choosing you FTO.... suggestions:ok:

Thomas_Harrison91
29th May 2008, 21:23
Happy Fran is right with his response, but Nearly there seems to want to make this personal. I won’t react to that.
Nearly there,
‘bcft is one of the best schools you can go to’
What complete and utter nonsense. On which scoring system? How did you come to the conclusion that it is ‘one of the best’? I guess you have sampled them all? No.
And your list of reasons makes for equal hilarity:
1. a/c in great condition and do their job well- the equipment is that required to perform the IR and how on earth can you claim they are in great condition? My granddad has a Vauxhall Viva in better shape;
2. I will give you the point on the sim- it is excellent;
3. Marketing scam it is not, it’s a great idea to keep students at one school – they certainly do that- if you leave early- you lose your cash!!!! And you are missing the point- my point concerns the misleading marketing material inside and outside the premises;
4. They are not all career instructors- this is complete and utter nonsense as a couple of guys there will tell you- I have their PMs;
5. Open and honest? Butter wouldn’t melt in any private company’s eyes would it dear? OF COURSE YOU CAN BACKSEAT! They want your custom!!!!!!!!!!! Think about it!
And you suggest i go back to the drawing board- well, who better to suggest that than a mystery guest on pprune who more than likely works at the place- and you only think i have no truth to back it up! I think your final line sums it up well
‘I would have stayed if it wasn’t so far from home....’
Well, read into that what you will everyone- I was only talking about the marketing material-. Hopefully some of you guys out there might just take a closer look at things and LISTEN to real people, not company stooges with ever-changing nicknames on here.
No Sponsor is right to highlight PAT- they were really above board- they weren’t telling mistruths.
Most schools have career instructors by the way, if you haven’t noticed; you require a considerable amount of Multi-Engine time to become an IR instructor. I doubt many people actually pay for 700 multi hours out of their back pocket. PPL instructors could be any old Johnson with a CPL, 200 hours minimum. Im not stupid, i’ve read LASORS back to front my man!
I would appreciate it considerably, if you kept the remarks about my age to yourself: there’s no need to lay a foul tongue on me my friend, you won’t provoke me to respond in kind. I may be 17, but age is just a number. My opinions are just as valid as yours. I’ve merely stated my distaste at the “Integrated Modular” advertisement these people have fathomed out of thin air. I am not ‘slating’ anyone- this is a lot of money- please just ensure you investigate as thoroughly as i have.

G SXTY
29th May 2008, 23:42
1) What is your 1st series pass rate for the CPL?
2) Ditto for the IR?
A little unfair this one, as few schools pick and choose their students, but at least it gives you a yardstick to compare with the opposition.
3) What is the average number of hours before test for the CPL?
4) Ditto for the IR?
Again, much depends on the calibre of the students, but at the very least you need to know this for your budget. Minimum hours are pretty meaningless - I would expect to budget at least 10% extra for safety.
5) If I sign up with you, are prices fixed for the duration of the course?
Worth knowing - if you're spending £20k on the CPL/IR, any increases in hourly costs (or fuel surcharges) will hit you hard.
6) If aircraft go tech, do you have contingency plans to source replacements?
If the school only has a couple of IR training aircraft and one goes tech, everyone will be fighting over the remaining one. A back-up plan at least shows that they have thought about the issue.
7) What are the backgrounds of your instructors, and for how long have they been with you?
A polite way of saying; "Are they career instructors or just treading water until they can get into the airlines?"
8) Do you have direct relationships with any airlines, i.e. do they accept recommendations for interview?
As discussed above - if the school has links with airlines, you have more of a chance of getting your foot in the door. Take nothing for granted however, not everyone gets recommendations.
9) If I am still unemployed after one year, do you offer discounts on IR renewals?
Pessimistic but worth considering. If you are still unemployed after a year, you'll be watching every penny.
10) Can I chat to some of your current and ex-students?
Probably the most important question of all. Get them out of earshot and you'll get the real low-down on how the school operates.

Wee Weasley Welshman
30th May 2008, 02:44
Thomas - have you ever heard of Libel Laws?

For what it is worth mate you are totally wrong. BCFT are excellent. Like many naive Wannabes who know nothing about flying training other than how to write cheques you confuse shiny premises, shiny aircraft and shiny uniforms with quality training.

Off you toddle to one of the sausage factories there's a good boy.

will fly for food 06
30th May 2008, 08:23
I went to BCFT. First time pass in all ground exams. CPL completed in 4 weeks and minimum hours with first time pass. IR completed in 6 weeks with minimum hours and a first time pass. Only lost one day to an a/c going tech. Was able to fly at weekends aswell and had an interview before i'd even finished because of BCFT.
Every school has its good and bad points so you should visit each school and see how you will fit in. BCFT might not be for everyone but you can say the same about any flying school.
That said I havent got a job in a boeing or airbus since i finished instead i have a job at a very successful flying club.
At the end of the day you are the customer and you have a choice where to go.

HappyFran
30th May 2008, 09:22
Message for WWW

I don't know if BCFT are perticularly libelous. But given the title of this thread, I can imagine they might, if they read it, feel pretty upset.

There are plenty of threads on this forum discussing merits and otherwise of BCFT, might it not be a good idea, as a moderator to pull this thread,to avoid any unpleasentness coming Mr. Harrisons way ?
:sad:

Thomas_Harrison91
30th May 2008, 10:21
As my father and uncle are both barristers then yes, I think what you are in fact referring to is defamation and that any statement must be proven to be false, whereas i can tell you that my points are factual. WWW have you ever heard of the OFT?
Off you toddle to your computer on which you spend half your life espousing your 'coveted' knowledge on sitting in a tube in the sky all day...great. You probably eat sausages with your fry up at your working class semi-detached.
I can list all the points in their brochure that are factually incorrect- there is nothing libellous in that. Unless of course the cartel here who has decided that BCFT is 'excellent' don't want their friends to hear it.

HappyFran
30th May 2008, 10:33
Thomas,

Care to elaborate ?

' I can list all the points in their brochure that are factually incorrect'

Thomas_Harrison91
30th May 2008, 10:42
Indeed it is the excellent test results

I have it from the horses’ mouth that there has been only one first time pass in the last twelve months- so pretty average probably

Unrivalled quality of training

Again, on who’s scale? How can this statement ever be justified? Not on exam passes that’s for sure

...as well as Multi Crew Co-operation Courses (MCC) and Jet
Orientation Courses (JOC).

This is a lie. These are NOT offered at BCFT

As a major Industry provider BCFT is aware that not only must the training and results be above average for the prospective airline pilot, but to have conducted all of the training from start to finish within the same organisation is very much the preferred route.

This is suppositional claptrap. There are many many people who have conducted training at various establishments now at...RyanAir for example....

neighbouring club house
If the definition of neighbouring is three statute miles, then, yeh ok

tailored to each individual’s needs and budget

I was given a price, regardless of my ‘budget’. Are we to assume that a CPL is reduced from 25 to 10 hours if you are skint?

Indeed we are one of the lowest priced operators in the area (with no middle
man, we can pass the savings on to the student).

Same prices at PAT and the others in the area

The centre operates a complete range of flight simulators, ranging from non specific type trainers to full type specific FNPT2s. Full flight Lockheed Tristar and 747 simulators are used for MCC and JOC

They don’t have two out of the three of these- guess which?

All of BCFT’s fully Commercial Approved Instructors either have been, or are still in the Airline Industry, with a background of Public Transport Operations

This is not true.

The resulting high pass rate... extremely proud of its high pass rate

Average at best.

Structuring 2 students to 1 Instructor with their own allocated aircraft.

This is not true.

For the dedicated student who is perhaps living in rented accommodation, minimum course times are paramount

So for me who is living at home, my course can be extended???

Furthermore all prices quoted are fully inclusive, i.e.VAT, landing fees, approach fees etc. Therefore there are no hidden extras. “

This is not true. You pay up to £40 for approach fees at the airports they use.

The C172 aircraft is a fully equipped 4 persons aircraft It has long range tanks, and there is no stipulation on where you can fly in Europe, as long as the airfield is suitable and licensed

I saw the 172 and believe me, you would take the ferry from Poole...

The candidate pays the standard PPL hire rate for the C172 of £120.00 per hour. At the end of their CPL and IR training with BCFT, the difference of £35.00 per hour is reimbursed

So what happened to no money up front? That was quickly forgotten!

And, when I was there a banner was being put up that clearly stated ‘Integrated Modular’ or was made to give a misleading idea of the course offered. This is immoral and wrong.

Wee Weasley Welshman
30th May 2008, 12:03
Check with your Dad - I mean libel. Being a sensible FTO they will look at this thread in the round and note that one immature young man has prompted a discussion where dozens of very satisfied customers have explained how pleased they are with BCFT. On balance a good bit of free advertising for them. So Thomas you probably won't have to give any of your pocket money back to your Dad.

Thomas, I make this point as its relevant to the wider audience, aviation is a very small world.

Right now there are have been a couple of hundred people who have browsed this thread and the thought Thomas Harrison is a complete tit who insults people he perceives to be working class. Thomas - this is probably not a good thing to perpetuate at this stage in your career.

Good luck,

Mercenary Pilot
30th May 2008, 12:13
Personally i beleive every school instructs to high standards... the CAA's !!

Thats probably the most incorrect statement I've read on here (for at least 5 mins anyway ;))

There are many awful FTO's in the UK!!! :(

ivehad2many
30th May 2008, 14:20
this 'manky' arrow... wasnt G-MACK was it? the one thats not actually theirs but borrowed from old sarum? cant say HJ is mankey in the LEAST and is prob one of the best arrows around. loving all these 'facts' that come up on this forum :ok:

bajadj
30th May 2008, 14:36
I think "manky arrow" is a great name for an indie band.

I also think "track made good" is a great name for a country and western band.

and "G-MACK" would make a good rap act!

Nearly There
30th May 2008, 14:42
Is this guy for real:ugh:
I am not a company stooge what so ever, multiple names on here, no just one, if you want to PM me I will tell you my name and my aviation career to date, and you will see I have worked in aviation since leaving school 19 years ago! and not once have I worked at or for BCFT, just a happy and satisfied customer, they didnt bull**** me, I fell for no 'marketing scam'.
My decision was made on honest valuable opinions of many who have trained there and have been more than happy. I know many students who have trained at BCFT and not one will slate them in anyway shape or form.
What a start to your career:ok: especially if your user name is your real name, then as others have said and I will vouch for aviation is a small world, best of luck.

CABUS
30th May 2008, 14:49
Nearly there is right (for once);). This school is excellent with great instructors who dedicate everything into getting excellent pass rates and the career students want. I also am a happy customer who has had the support of everyone at BCFT on more than one occasion and am more than happy to reccomend them to everyone, other than this Thomas chap. I dont think he would fit in to a well oiled machine such as BCFT, or the industry come to that!

Happy weekend chaps.
CABUS

luvly jubbly
30th May 2008, 15:12
I think the young age of Mr Harrison says much about the posts, I'm afraid.:ugh:

Just because daddy's paying, you don't have the right to cast allegations against FTO's which you have never attended!

Those of us who have been on this forum for more than 5 minutes might remember the many years WWW did as an instructor, as did I before the jobs started coming up again. Flight schools are a very subjective experience. A person might find one fantastic, whereas another individual might find the place terrible.

If you ever get to join the big boys, I'd seriously watch your attitude. Cockpits are a very small place, and a smack in the teeth sometimes offends arrogant First Officers!:ouch:

geordiejet
30th May 2008, 15:18
LJ - I completely agree. I hate some of the FTOs I've used whereas some people love them. And at the same time, I've loved an FTO - but then came on here and see them being slagged all the time. You also get the ones which are, well, sh:mad:te.

So, I guess it just depends on the individual. Which is why it is so important to visit an FTO - and get some feedback from current and past students (do search on here - and don't go in blinkered thinking "it'll never happen to me" - like I did).

ANd never pay upfront!

luvly jubbly
30th May 2008, 15:24
:D

Spot on Geordiejet. hope you have had some fun flying in that fantasic class G airspace, north of Morpeth. Had some great years learning and teaching at Newcastle.:ok:

bajadj
30th May 2008, 15:31
as did I!!! still breaks my heart about the demise of NAC. AT least three of the NAC instructors are at flyglobespan i believe.

luvly jubbly
30th May 2008, 15:38
Correct:ok: went from PA-28 to flying B737-300/600/700/800, B757-200, B767-300.

NAC was a great little club with fantastic students and instructors. many of our students are now at Easy, FlyBe, GSM, Eastern, DHL etc! :D
Sometimes the smaller FTO's with "manky" looking planes can do wonders!
I loved flying WK!!:D

bajadj
30th May 2008, 16:01
fond memories!!! I did my trial lesson in WK!!! fantastic!! who needs brakes anyway!

BerksFlyer
30th May 2008, 16:09
It's amazing how one evidently trusty aircraft has managed to make this disillusioned lad embarrass himself on here because it looked 'manky'. Of course because of this the school is bad. All this despite the fact a lot of current and ex students have nothing but the highest regard for the place.

As it has already been said: quality training is not to be confused with shiny aircraft.

HappyFran
30th May 2008, 16:23
I know I am probably wasting my time but I just feel a nagging need to put a bit of balance to your views.
I have no ties to BCFT other than as a student, I respect other students’ choice of schools. Either Integrated or Modular FTO’s. So I would like to feel I am able to be fairly balanced and dispassionate about you views.

Firstly you have to recognize your issue seems to have originated with the BCFT brochure….this is a SALES Leaflet and like all such documents should always be treated with a degree of healthy scepticism. Everyday we get bombarded with advertising, which is at the least economical with the truth, possibly misleading.

Estate Agents: Great sea views……dooh bit of global warming and high tide is in Living room !
Banks: 10% on savings……dooh only for first £50 rest on 0.25%
The relality is that my teeth won’t fall out if I don’t use brand X toothpaste and Anti aging cream is not essential in your teens…despite bimbo’s advertising the stuff.

So to the points you made; and my views based on actual experience.

Quote : Indeed it is the excellent test results
Your comment : I have it from the horses’ mouth that there has been only one first time pass in the last twelve months- so pretty average probably.
My view: No idea what horse you found. But in my class we may be only half way through the course, but I think we have very close to 100% first time pass rate. I don’t think that is because we are special, but more an indication of the teaching ! I doubt that is ‘pretty average’

Quote: Unrivalled quality of training
Your comment Again, on who’s scale? How can this statement ever be justified? Not on exam passes that’s for sure.
My view: Just marketing hyperbole. You would have to be pretty naive to swallow that without a cringe, from any FTO. ‘Exam passes see comment above.

Quote: Orientation Courses (JOC)
Your comment This is a lie. These are NOT offered at BCFT
My view: Better check that out as I am signed up on that course !

Quote: As a major Industry provider BCFT is aware that not only must the training and results be above average for the prospective airline pilot, but to have conducted all of the training from start to finish within the same organization is very much the preferred route.
Your comment This is suppositional claptrap. There are many many people who have conducted training at various establishments now at...RyanAir for example.
My view: Fair comment; but there is a general consensus that it is a good idea to try to do CPL/ME/IR with just one training provider. There are quite a few Ryanair pilots who did there training at BCFT.

Quote: neighboring club house

Your commentIf the definition of neighboring is three statute miles, then, yeh My view: Fair comment; I missed that, thought that funny too…still the Curlew pub is much closer

Quote: tailored to each individual’s needs and budget

Your comment I was given a price, regardless of my ‘budget’. Are we to assume that a CPL is reduced from 25 to 10 hours if you are skint?
My view: That’s just silly. Will Ford drop the price of a Focus to £3K if you are skint ?. I believe what they mean is that you can go through the program at a pace that meet you fund availability… which is unlike the Integrated programs that want all the money upfront, or at least a commitment to it !

Quote: Indeed we are one of the lowest priced operators in the area, we can pass the savings on to the student

Your comment Same prices at PAT and the others in the area
My view: Your point ?They don’t say they are cheapest. However if you do they whole Jetline program I think you will find they are actually the cheapest.

Quote:The centre operates a complete range of flight simulators, ranging from non specific type trainers to full type specific FNPT2s. Full flight Lockheed Tristar and 747 simulators are used for MCC and JOC.

Your comment They don’t have two out of the three of these- guess which
My view Fair comment, a lot of artistic license. Selective use of a full stop !! All the FTO’s at BMTH (including Cabair and PAT!) use the 747 sim which belongs to European. That is why it is so important to visit prospective FTO’s…a 747 Sim is difficult to miss !. Incidentally the much loved Lockheed crashed and burned a few months ago and will not rise from ashes.

Quote: All of BCFT’s fully Commercial Approved Instructors either have been, or are still in the Airline Industry, with a background of Public Transport Operations

Your comment This is not true.
My view This certainly the case for all my trainers ?

Quote: The resulting high pass rate... extremely proud of its high pass rate

Your comment Average at best
My view Probably not true, unless other FTO’s can better 100% pass rate..sorry bit silly to make point !

Quote: Structuring 2 students to 1 Instructor with their own allocated aircraft

Your comment This is not true.
My view News to me too !

Quote: For the dedicated student who is perhaps living in rented accommodation, minimum course times are paramount
Your comment So for me who is living at home, my course can be extended???
My view Now that is silly and pointless.

Quote: Furthermore all prices quoted are fully inclusive, i.e.VAT, landing fees, approach fees etc. Therefore there are no hidden extras.

Your comment This is not true. You pay up to £40 for approach fees at the airports they use.
My view There are no landing fees to pay at BMTH, which is were you do most of your landings. You only have to pay fees if you go to other airports, which you only need to do for your qualifying cross country. This is a hell of a lot clearer than other FTO quoted prices, which overlook to mention the landing fees at the base airport. Which if it is an International one like BMTH will be pretty pricey. Especially if doing circuits.

Quote: The C172 aircraft is a fully equipped 4 persons aircraft It has long range tanks, and there is no stipulation on where you can fly in Europe, as long as the airfield is suitable and licensed

Your comment I saw the 172 and believe me, you would take the ferry from Poole...
My view Not flown it myself, other students seem to rate it. I don’t suppose any of them have your qualification or experience though. The Barfleur (Ferry) must be a bitch to land on a short grass strip !

Quote: The candidate pays the standard PPL hire rate for the C172 of £120.00 per hour. At the end of their CPL and IR training with BCFT, the difference of £35.00 per hour is reimbursed.

Your comment So what happened to no money up front? That was quickly forgotten!
My view Wrong I checked this out to ensure I wasn’t paying to little. The deal is that Jetline students pay £85.00/hr on a pay as you go deal. The uncommitted module student pays £120/hr but will get a refund if they go on to complete the ME/CPL/IR modules. Pretty straight forward and transparent offer I think.

Your comment And, when I was there a banner was being put up that clearly stated ‘Integrated Modular’ or was made to give a misleading idea of the course offered. This is immoral and wrong
My view I haven’t seen it! I am in there everyday, but as I am often distracted by studies I thought I would do a through inspection..Alas I couldn’t find it anywhere.

Goodness that was epic and probably pointless,
The only point I really want to make. Is that you should only regard a FTO brochure as an initial Sales pitch, which is all it is, and is no substitute for a in depth visit to a number of FTO at the very least once. Then revisit the short list / preferred one.

If you are off to PAT then I hope it works out for you…..and them !!

luvly jubbly
30th May 2008, 16:28
Aaarghhh! Waaaay too much colour!

You boys have got too much time on your hands fiddling with those font/bold/italic/cut and pasty things here on pprune.....
Us old timers can't handle it.

My head hurts:ugh:
(Could be the beer though):yuk:

Regards to all.
LJ

HappyFran
30th May 2008, 16:32
Yeah your right..best get back to POF and MET :ok:

luvly jubbly
30th May 2008, 16:41
Seriously though guys. It's not easy to get the CPL/IR. It's not easy to get work. It's not easy to do a type rating. And it's not easy to work for an airline these days. But it's a fantastic job.

Best of luck with the training and job hunting. Pick a school that suits you.....

Best piece of advice I can give is to listen to those who have done it. There's always someone with more experience than you, and there's always more to learn.
Don't take yourself too seriously, and be able to take a bollo:mad:ng without going crying to Mum!

Have fun....... Many of us think the training was the best bit about this flying lark! lol

LJ

Nearly There
30th May 2008, 16:49
Well said Happy Fran, but its probably wasted on Thomas!

Off you toddle to your computer on which you spend half your life espousing your 'coveted' knowledge on sitting in a tube in the sky all day...great. You probably eat sausages with your fry up at your working class semi-detached.

Reading through his posts again,the above has me in stiches, pure comedy genius, in an Alan Partridge sort of way. But very offensive to WWW, for some unfounded reason, if you kew anything about WWW, I think you will find he has a tad more knowledge on all things aviation than most people who contribute to the wannabes section, and you should be grateful for the useful info he passes on to the inexperienced.

Why do you want to fly if sitting in a tube in the sky all day is what you really think the career of a pilot is all about?

HappyFran
30th May 2008, 16:51
It was just an itch I had to scratch :ouch::ouch:

Really looking forward to getting ATPL theory out of way and get onto some fun Hour building. :}

Nearly There
30th May 2008, 16:53
Its friday and Fran should be Happy, not sudying, the Curlew is calling with a chilled amstel!!:ok:

luvly jubbly
30th May 2008, 17:00
I actually did have sausage fry up in my breakfast crew meal mid-atlantic the other day. And I'm sitting in my semi-detatched typing this....

MY GOD......THOMAS IS RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:}

Wee Weasley Welshman
30th May 2008, 17:45
I did have a sausage sandwich at the point to point this week.. but so did His Grace the Duke of Beaufort who was in the queue with me - I don't think he has a Semi though ;)

luvly jubbly
30th May 2008, 17:47
Were his trousers too slack to notice?:ooh:

wbryce
31st May 2008, 10:01
I second the comments about PAT, fantastic school. They got me an interview with FlyBe.

ford cortina
31st May 2008, 14:07
Okay ex BCFT IR student....
First Time Pass on IR as well, on the dreaded Exeter route (those who have done it, know what I mean). Now drive a 737-800 in Africa and having great time.
BCFT's planes are old, so what? you want nice and new shinny go and fly a twinstar, no use for sim checks in classics though.
Instructors, well when I was there, One flew for FRA, One flew Dash 8's, John flew that nice Boeing 747SP Private jet, he is EX BA and IMHO one of the best instructors I have ever flown with. No idea about PAT, told they are very good. BUT BCFT is a very good organization. Young man, you should be very careful, what you have written appears to be libelous and if not careful Lance might come and visit you. Oh and Lance, great instructor, shouted a lot though, but really knows his stuff.

Nearly There
31st May 2008, 14:22
Lets not forget the ground school chaps to, when I was there:
1 BA A320 skipper
1 Ex Monarch training Cpt (who may have retired now)
1 Ex Scotairways
1 Ex SA Air Force Navigator, and JAA/FAA ATPL holder also ATC Gnd/Twr/App trainer.
You missed SW, with Monarch B757, teaches IR

:ok:

ivehad2many
31st May 2008, 16:34
thought the BA Skipper was slightly higher along fleet captain ?!

Nearly There
31st May 2008, 16:53
Quite correct, and ex navy fast jet and rotary, air sea rescue, Essex police chopper, then BA.

And the host of Have I got news for you, on the side (Angus Dayton) ;)

Thomas_Harrison91
31st May 2008, 17:00
The more i read this site the more i regret having come on here and the more i hope that the aviation world is not full of people like this. I may be only 17, but my father and I are incredulous at the childishness on display on this site. I was warned that pprune inevitably plunges into name-calling and handbagging but we are really taken aback. On my conversations with pilots on the line, I now realise why they say that those on Pprune are just stay at home weirdos! What an extremely strange life some of you must lead if all you have to do is post on this site all day. Was that the final breaking point which made her leave? Perhaps you never noticed. The job is that great that you come home and sit on here and talk nonsense about it? Strange- getting a kick out of instilling fear into people and attempting to use your position as a glorified bus driver to impress and frighten people. Control and power come to mind....no friends at home perhaps?
All of this my dad is bigger than your dad stuff- I cannot believe the childish name-dropping- are you the kind of guy who wears the stripes in Tesco even though you are not at work? Close to the truth am I? If nearly thinks that Alan Partridge is a genius then God help us. Reading through my posts again? Nothing better to do? I should be grateful for the knowledge! I live in the USA for part of each year and this site is just typical of how Brits are- anyone who has a different opinion is attacked- and no one has seriously disputed my claims on the brochure, although .... was man enough to agree with some of them. Not sure any FTO makes such wild inaccuracies. No, no one has disputed them- just a barrage of silliness. Because you had a poor-quality meal in a plane I am supposed to be jealous? Please realise that it is just a job- and not an intellectual one at that. What do you need? No qualifications whatsoever, and certainly judging by this site, no intellect either.
WWW you don’t rub shoulders with anyone who can bear a title, except to ferry them around and tidy their lapels, so don’t even go there. I, on the other hand, have visited the Palace several times and have even had a scotch in the House of Commons. You are very very ordinary i’m afraid, perhaps the class of girls at cheap Swindon nightclubs might be impressed with the stripes after work, but you’ll have to work harder for me unfortunately. You have no idea of my family’s history, which has had more impact on this nation than you would be able to understand- and I certainly don’t brag about it.
The irony is, WWW’s silly comments and clear class envy about my pocket money, lead us to think that he is anti-capitalist and anti-establishment. Yet WWW sits in a tube all day and all he has to offer is his labour! That’s right! SO you are in fact supporting the system you are busy running down! Your comp probably didn’t have as many nice books as my school has, but you need to read up on some fundamentals on the system. Oh i forgot, you fly for a non-profit making airline! Capitalism and rich people pay for the toys that you are flying about in – for a WAGE. Yes- a WAGE. They are using YOUR labour! Perhaps you are sore that after reading your heart-rendering story about your harrowing journey to sit in a tube with one other guy all day, you are just jealous of the fact that I have already flown a multiple of types and will get easier and quicker to that LHS than you. That is the fact. If you don’t like the capitalist system- do something about it rather than just serving the needs of our class and then whinging about it on a forum.
When I fly, it will be for fun, not for money, but I pray to God that the real people in the real world have a sense of reality and not of self-indulgence, self-righteousness or class-envy. Don’t forget- we’re all just glorified bus drivers, some of us just know where to put our knives and forks on the plate after our fish and chips and kebabs- deal with it. Farewell.

bajadj
31st May 2008, 17:23
you really shouldn't be drinking scotch at your age thomas.

Thomas_Harrison91
31st May 2008, 17:35
Maybe you shouldn't be on pprune at your age...:eek:

1mag1n3
31st May 2008, 17:35
Wow, what a topic!
I have to see where your all coming from, but this is becoming a joke!
I rarely put the effort into posting on here, as i read, and soak in the information as at 17 i feel like i have no, or very little knowledge to put forward!

I think Thomas is going a little mad here, he opens up a crazy topic, and then goes on to say his father is a barrister and that his family history is better than ours.

I mean for all we know he could be a 17 year old boy, wanting some attention!

And about the "handbags", well you my friend are the one throwing them about!

And scotch in the house of commons, ooooh laaa laaahhhh!

:rolleyes:
I think this topic is getting out of hand, now i think one thing that could be said is "Grow Up!"

Nearly There
31st May 2008, 17:36
The scotch was probably more mature than him...:ugh:

bajadj
31st May 2008, 17:41
any reason why i shouldn't be on pprune at my age thomas?

Thomas_Harrison91
31st May 2008, 17:50
I can give you a reason mate- because all you will get from this site is disheartened- and self-righteous respsonses about how tough it is to get to the 'coveted' and oh so fantastic 'zeus-like' position of pilot from the 'knowledgeable' ones on this site- you will leave in tears in the end- keep away and good luck to ya :ok:

RTN11
31st May 2008, 18:02
How is it that a 17 year old boy can be so bitter?

I've found this site to be very useful in finding out about particular flying schools, or learning from flying mistakes that others have made so I don't make them myself.

Sure, there's a lot of bitter people on here saying that we shouldn't pay for our own type ratings, and oil prices will be the end of flying forever, but there's just as many people giving helpful advice from the point of view of someone who has been through it.

You need to grow up.

Thomas_Harrison91
31st May 2008, 18:12
I know you are but what am I? :rolleyes:

Seriously, get a life and find something better to do than be offended by someone who apparently needs to grow up. eh?

How is it that a 21 year old can be so naive and listen to the condescending comments on here and not have a brain to think for himself?

Tommy... Out

BerksFlyer
31st May 2008, 18:22
All of this my dad is bigger than your dad stuff

How 'very very' rich.

I, on the other hand, have visited the Palace several times and have even had a scotch in the House of Commons.

You have no idea of my family’s history, which has had more impact on this nation than you would be able to understand- and I certainly don’t brag about it.

Oh, and how on earth did class get brought into this!?

It would appear that young thomas first mentioned it.

You probably eat sausages with your fry up at your working class semi-detached.

Then...

Your comp probably didn’t have as many nice books as my school

Just keep banging it home buddy.

We are clearly not worthy.

Thomas_Harrison91
31st May 2008, 18:27
We are clearly not worthy.

At last, you've realised.

Besides that, listen- i just made a point about a marketing issue- thats all- people here who haven't replied probably appreciate it- i just think there should be clear principles in the use of marketing just as a pint of milk at tescos (which i've never visited) doesn't say that its milk will get you women - it was www who decided to reduce this very serious debate into a debacle - i'm not going to apologise for having the guts to stick up for myself against bullies and i'd do it face to face too!

Wee Weasley Welshman
31st May 2008, 20:21
Thomas - I award you the prestigious trophy of 'Most Bizzare Wannabe' for 2008. I know its early in the year and usually we wait until Christmas but I'm confident that no other entry will beat yours. Truly world class.

Best of luck in you career and well done,

WWW :E

ivehad2many
31st May 2008, 20:51
Besides that, listen- i just made a point about a marketing issue- thats all- refer to your 2nd post on page 1 of this topic. you were more than happy to go onto other things to pick

ford cortina
1st Jun 2008, 13:14
thomas i have some slanderous thoughts about you, maybe you should get some legal advice. :=

Oh and after reading your posts again Thomas, I too have had scotch in the House of Commons, strangely enough with a Ex PM or two of this country, The Late Sir Edward Heath, was a very good friend and fellow old soldier of my Late Grandfather, who was in the BEF, forced on to Dunkirk, later in the RA saw action at Nijmegen, helped clean up Belsen and was a Capt himself. In fact used to get a bottle of HoC Scotch every xmas with a card off him and also had a drink with Lady Thatcher as well.

Not bad for a Sausage Eating Northerner who is common and only has a degree, gets paid to drive a 738 and enjoys a nice German car with the engine in the wrong place.

You are young, very young and have angered me hence my post. I was not going to get into this debate but you are trying your best to be superior to us all, so maybe you are, but getting a drink in the commons is no big thing. Now getting a drink in my club is. So I will bow out of this stupid and childish debate, you know better than the rest of us and I am sure will have a whinge at me.

You know when you fly and they turn the engines off you can still hear whining, its Thomas.....:D:D

ford cortina
1st Jun 2008, 14:16
Oh and two more things T, if you went to such a prestigious school, why oh why at 17 are you looking at doing flight training....... missed out on your gcse's maybe. I think so.
Secondly why not Oxford, FTE or CTC you are so rich why not go there, better yet why such a crap job as airline pilot, why not a hedge fund manager?
I can ask my younger sis for you, she too is a northerner but went to a crap uni called Oxford and works for a big bank making lots of money. Let me know and I will give her a call for you. Someone of your abilities will go far, can you use a mop and bucket, they need a Janitor

CABUS
1st Jun 2008, 15:59
I had a text message from a friend last night saying to check this thread out, GREAT!!! I find Thomas Harrison probably one of the funniest people on this site, I can help but laugh out loud when I read his rubbish.

you are just jealous of the fact that I have already flown a multiple of types and will get easier and quicker to that LHS than you

I dont think anyone here is jealous of you what so ever as you CLEARLY don't understand what is required of a pilot let alone Capt and your only making yourself look a fool by posting such childish remarks. With your attitude you have about as much chance of making LHS as making friends from this post. If only there was a book called CRM for Dummies, I would send you a copy!

On a serious not here is a word of advice. If I were you I would delete your PPrune account and attempt to change your attitude as you will have a very limited career if you continue like this. Even starting this thread in the way you did is worrying and the comments you have made, even more so. I feel you should learn from this as you seem to have no tact at all and very high opinion of your self, which seems highly unjust. As I have already said, I really do think you should attempt to change your attitude not only for your sake but for the poor person who gets stuck sitting next to you for hours at a time, providing you manage to get a job!

Well best of luck with you career, I am sad to say I feel you are going to need it.

CABUS

Continental Drifter
1st Jun 2008, 17:49
Fella's - I wouldn't bother, it's got to be a wind-up.

JB007
1st Jun 2008, 21:55
After reading post #55, I would agree with Continental Drifter - wind up! Don't give this guy any time/effort.

Which is actually a shame, cos it is so entertaining!

BigGrecian
1st Jun 2008, 22:06
This guy must be joking.

Maybe it's a320_rider or whatever is name was???!!

I hope never to fly with someone with the attitude so far displayed.

G SXTY
1st Jun 2008, 22:38
Naah, not even a320_rider - aka Ronchonner - in his heydey could match this for entertainment value. :ok:

Give us some more Tommy . . . :8

HappyFran
1st Jun 2008, 22:47
Been away for weekend. Just caught up...even I was bored with my last post. Suddenly its wonderfully funny and colourful..was getting so bored with reports of imminent death of choosen career..
:*Thomas please share some more of your thoughts on the inadequacies of your potential collegues.

ford cortina
2nd Jun 2008, 10:47
Come on Thomas, you were online this morning at 11.02.... Lets hear more about your greatness......

Nearly There
2nd Jun 2008, 12:18
Maybe no wifi connection on the Palace lawn..:E

Nibbler
2nd Jun 2008, 13:11
The company is called TESCO not Tescos and if you have not been in any of their retail outlets how do you know what the milk cartons have advertised on them? A poor example, I would have used Taittinger from Harrods.

I am quite shocked at the quality of your written english for one so ordained. Your education in grammar and discourse, or your ability to absorb and retain knowledge, is clearly below standard.

A man of letters such as your father, or his associates, friends and your family would I suspect be disappointed by your decision not to attended university? Perhaps your current situation has been brought about by other people's lack of faith in your abilities?

As I am sure you will come to realise it will have to be the Army and all that jazz for you old boy. The good news is the officer classes are always first over the top.

Chin Chin

:)

geordiejet
2nd Jun 2008, 13:20
Thomas – if you judge someone on their upbringing, and think that someone who doesn’t come from such a privileged background as you, then afraid you really will struggle to be a pilot.

I try to stay away from directing things are individuals on here, but your comments and attitude has left me a bit speechless.

Now, I’m pretty sure that being from your background, you will be off on a shiny integrated course as soon as you turn 18. A very scary thought if you ask me. You need to grow up. And I don’t think the time between now, and hitting 18 is enough.

What happens when you get a job – and in comes a captain, with his sausage and egg Subway (good Lord – with brown sauce on – how common)? Clearly not of your calibre? What are you going to do?

Or God forbid you ever make it to captain. What happens now? Are you going to write off everything he says off? Are you going to cause the next Staines/Tenerife?

Now – I don’t think your narrow mindedness ends at people’s class. I bet you are a complete racist and a bigot. You are exactly what we DON’T need in the air, and I pity the poor guys who fly with you, including your instructors!

You have very deep seated, archaic attitudes towards those not born with silver spoons up their ass and anyone who doesn’t have it as sweet as you.

Some of my favourites:

The more i read this site the more i regret having come on here and the more i hope that the aviation world is not full of people like this. I may be only 17.

Mate – we all think the same – just with you. Unfortunately there are a few people in aviation like you.

But my father and I are incredulous at the childishness on display on this site.

Yes - but he probably has the same stuck up attitudes that you have – most likely where you got yours from.

When I fly it will be for fun, not for money.

Good – because there is very little money in it. Unless you hit it lucky. And you are sorted for life – you won’t have to work for anything. Or take responsibility for anything.

And I’m sure you will not like me – I come from a Council Estate – and I was brought up in, and still live in a Council house. And I’m a Northerner!

But, instead of sitting at home, moaning on here, I got off my ass, and I did something about it. I’m 100% self sponsored, highly motivated, and I promise you – I’m many times more of a pilot than you could ever dream of. Because I see a person as a person, not status symbols.

But then again, what does that matter? You already decided I shouldn’t be trusted at the controls as soon as I opened my mouth, and spoke with a regional accent.

Aviation really is a small industry, and your name I’m sure will become legendary – like A320 rider. But even he wasn’t so stupid as to use his name!

NickGooseBrady
2nd Jun 2008, 13:26
I think young Master Thomas is a troll!!

On the off chance that Master Thomas is for real, then Nibbler, I resent your comments about him joining the Army, as an Officer in HM Forces I can assure you that someone with his attitude wouldn't make it through his first interview!! BTW I would correct your spelling mistake "Gammar" asap!!!

Please post some more comments "Thomas" your wonderous meanderings through the mind of a pyschopathic brat are just brilliant and provide much merryment to us oiks. Genius!

Cheers. NGB, (Comprehensive school, Semi-detached owner, former Poly, Serving Officer who just loves a good fry up including the odd snorker).

G SXTY
2nd Jun 2008, 13:32
My skipper stopped off at McDonalds on the way to work yesterday. Should I report him?

xraf
2nd Jun 2008, 13:47
Been away all weekend too but - OMG!!! :eek:

Still, give him a few years to mature and he'll make a perfect London Mayor!

Might be a bit overqualified though at least old Boris is funny. :E

Xraf:ok:

HappyFran
2nd Jun 2008, 13:53
Has it occured to anyone else that perhaps Harrison Senior has read what young Thomas has written and thought that it wise to get the prep work in for a plee of insanity before the writ turns up :ooh:

Incidently I do wish Thomas would sort out that rather tedious thread on the Economic downturn. It is so full of well thought out reasoned auguments by logical posters backed up by sound research... come on Thomas it has got to be a scam...what do you think !:8

CABUS
2nd Jun 2008, 14:07
Mad Jock, thats a very valid point! I heard of a Capt divert to LGW in foggy evening so he could get a Maccy Dees in the crew bus on the long drive back to base, sod minimum fuel that guys got his priorities right. Personally I also think that Nandos is soon to play a vital part of flight planning.

Where has Mad Jock's post gone????:confused:

mad_jock
2nd Jun 2008, 14:16
Sorry I thought better of it.

I will repost it for you now.

The MacDonalds / Burger King option for diversions.

You are sitting in the hold at Bristol wx pants. Exeter and Cardiff are valid diverts.

Exeter you can get a bogging baked tattie. Cardiff you can get a BK served by a buxom welsh lass.

Which do you choose?

Nibbler
2nd Jun 2008, 14:19
NickGooseBrady

No offence meant to you Army types.

He might slip through the recruiting net (god forbid he might even get in to the RAF!), as you will know, there are plenty of junior officers who somehow managed to be there - to the wonderment of others.

Jolly good if he is fake! :ok:

CABUS
2nd Jun 2008, 14:19
Thanks buddy!:ok:

No one has even mentioned how Thomas will get on with the pile of warm slop or as its better known, crew food.

Nibbler
2nd Jun 2008, 14:24
No one has even mentioned how Thomas will get on with the pile of warm slop or as its better known, crew food.

He needs to get on with the crew, prior to being offered food....

:E

geordiejet
2nd Jun 2008, 14:33
He needs to get on with the crew, prior to being offered food....

I totally forgot about the poor Cabin Crew! I wonder what our little friends' opinion is on them.

I think he will be wearing his food more than he will be eating it if his attitude is anything to go by.

Life's a Beech
2nd Jun 2008, 14:45
Is the season open on trolls? Can I have a shot, or do we need a licence?

I'm just glad that this person is clearly going straight to BA. He wouldn't lower himself to GA, so i won't ever have to deal with him.

Nearly There
2nd Jun 2008, 15:16
You have no idea of my family’s history, which has had more impact on this nation than you would be able to understand- and I certainly don’t brag about it.

Wonder if he means this?

Harrison retained his radical political ideas and became a member of the Fifth Monarchist (http://www.spartacus.schoolnet.co.uk/STUmonarchistsF.htm) group that sought the abolition of tithes, an increase in the help for the poor and the release of debtors from prison. In 1653 he was dismissed from the army. He was also imprisoned four times between 1653 and 1658 on suspicion of involvement in various plots against Oliver Cromwell (http://www.spartacus.schoolnet.co.uk/STUcromwellO.htm) and his government.
On the Restoration (http://www.spartacus.schoolnet.co.uk/STUrestoration.htm) Harrison was an obvious target for the Royalists. Harrison refused to flee the country and was therefore like other Regicides (http://www.spartacus.schoolnet.co.uk/STUregicides.htm) arrested and brought to the Tower of London (http://www.spartacus.schoolnet.co.uk/LONtower.htm). At his trial in October 1660 he was found guilty of treason and was hung, drawn and quartered.

Flying Squid
2nd Jun 2008, 15:42
Just found out about this thread and couldn't resist sticking my oar in...

Im a student at BCFT now. They are a bloody good FTO and I've got nothing but praise for the way they operate. At no time have I felt mislead or hoodwinked by any "marketing scam".

Whilst I really don't make a the unprofessional habit of slagging of people for there opinions I have to say that Mr Harrisson or whatever you name is......your wrong and a Class A tit! Congratulations and thanks to your family for saving the human race!

I call Troll folks....don't feed them anymore!

bcft_87
2nd Jun 2008, 15:50
Im a student at bcft who has done all their training with them. I think its a fantastic school, bloody good instructors!!

What exactly have you done for our nation? I feel compelled to ask because i think your a collosal (male sexual organ).

To come on here and slate a perfectly good school and attempt to tarnish there reputation is treason like.

Hope to hear from you soon, as it will no doubt be entertaining reading.

Where is your chosen school? I hope its BCFT just so i get to meet you... :ok:

Flying Squid
2nd Jun 2008, 18:50
Following on from my earlier post I was talking to a few guys at BCFT and was wondering if Thomas would care to answer the following: -

1) Have you actually sat in the aircraft that you so hastily dismiss as "Manky"??? I have been in most of them and they're all well maintained and bloody nice to fly! Im not sure what you expect from training aircraft but its worth bearing in mind that one of Pro Flight's aircraft actually belongs to BCFT. But im sure thats horrid and manky so make sure you ask for one with hand stitched interior and gold plated intruments...what with ebing so connected to royalty I wouldn't ecpect anything less if I were you! :rolleyes:

2) Where did you get this figure of 5 aircraft at BCFT from??? They OWN about 14 and lease only 1.

3) With Pro Flight parking their aircraft next to BCFT did you not think that so unprofessionally slating an FTO in this way is hitting a bit close to home?

4) How does it feel to have succeeded in pissing off so many people in one fowl swoop with your arrogant and demeening comments?

Sadly Thomas, unless you have fooled us all and are indeed a troll looking for a fight, I think you may have done your career some serious harm before it has even begun. Perhaps it might be an idea to go away for a few years, get a taste for the real world and pay a rather good surgeon some serious dosh to remove your head from your arse and the silver spoon from your mouth. Maybe then the aviation industry will be a bit more welcoming and you can see how us common folk fight our way through training!

whiskey1
3rd Jun 2008, 01:25
Flying Squid,
Would you like to post the Registration marks of the 14 Aircraft that BCFT "owns" here and run them throught the UK CAA register search to see who actually owns them.
I found 4 PA28, 1 x C172, 1 x C152 (think its been written off though), 1 x PA28R Arrow and 1 BE76 owned by BFlying Ltd. Thats 8 Aircraft.

The thread started with a complaint that BCFT's Advertising was misleading. Seems the Advertising Standards council agrees. See http://www.asa.org.uk/asa/about/ and look for the Adjudications and Informally resolved complaints for 7th May.

HappyFran
3rd Jun 2008, 07:45
Whiskey1 - Great detective work. :suspect:
Any idea of the details of what it was about ?

NickGooseBrady
3rd Jun 2008, 08:10
Hmmm interesting, has anyone noticed that BCFT's latest add in this months Pilot Mag is no longer the "Integrated Modular" advert that they had run for so long. All referennce to the "Integrated Modular" has gone.
Perhaps this is what the ASA Informally resolved complaint was about?

Still don't see the problem though, only a complete raving idiot with zero common sense and the inability to read properly would have taken the advert as misleading. ****e, maybe this little Thomas boy is real. :sad:

Happy Landings. NGB

Linda Mollison
3rd Jun 2008, 08:32
Flying Squid,

I don't normally get involved in discussions like this, but I feel that I need to put some facts straight.

1. None of 'Proflight's' (PAT) aircraft are owned by BCFT. As Whiskey1 suggests why don't you check out all our registrations on the CAA register search.

2. I don't know what you are trying to imply by your point 3, but we have no connection with Mr Harrison in any way. In fact, I do not even recall having met the gentleman.

Linda Mollison

biaeghh
3rd Jun 2008, 08:52
Flying squid I suggest you are from the same school of muppetry as Master Harrison.
If you look carefully you will find that three schools now park their fleets in the same area of the airport.

The only aircraft on the field that has any gold plating in it is the 747sp in the basco hangar!!

Flying Squid
3rd Jun 2008, 08:55
Well lucky you Linda. Lets hope this idiot doesn't turn up at Pro Flight. My point was aimed at him not Pro Flight themselves. If you read back through you'll see that he intends to train with you so if thats the case it was a bit silly of him to come on here having such a randomly bizarre and factually incorrect rant about BCFT. If it's not the case then, as I said, lucky you. The industry could do without morons like that!

As for the Aircraft ownership/leasing etc etc etc...thats just what I'd heard at BCFT but to be honest as long as we get to fly I don't think many students (including myself) actually care who owns the bloody things. There are definitely more than 8! Dont forget that theres also Bournemouth Flying Club which is all part of the same set up. Just because they arent registered to BCFT it doesnt mean that they arent owned by the same people. But thats not really the point of this thread is it so back to Thomas....

ford cortina
3rd Jun 2008, 09:01
Hummmmmmmm, PAT is a very good school, BCFT is not bad either, as I have already said.

Lets not turn this thread into this school is better than that. Flying Squid, should have checked his facts, but to be honest not many on here ever do.

I think that Flying Squid might be a bit angry by Thomas's posts, (who incidently has been active on PPrune early this morning,but no posting) and in haste said things he did not mean to.

If Thomas Harrison is for real then I think we need to set up a 'Bash the Toff' thread:ok:

Flying Squid
3rd Jun 2008, 09:02
School of muppetry???? Where did that come from???? What has the number of FTO's parking their aircraft on the same patch of land got to do with anything???

Right...before this somehow turns on me lets get one thing clear here shall we....

Im just sticking up for what is a very good FTO after Master Harrisson came on here to give it a kick in having never trained there, never flown their aircraft and then has the bloody cheek to assume that we are all beneath him because he's had tea at the Palace! (aparantly!!!)

Flying Squid
3rd Jun 2008, 09:12
Ford Cortina...

Firstly thanks for bringing some common sense to the table. This thread isnt here to discuss who's a better school. I think my angry comments have been misinterpreted....I'm honestly in no doubt that PAT are a top notch FTO. Thats not what I meant. I was pointing out that if Thomas does go to PAT then its a bit silly to **** on his door step if you know what I mean.

As for checking facts....aircraft ownership is a long a boring subject for which I havent really got alot of interest. I was given the 14 figure by a rather senior BCFT staff member who I have no reason to disbelieve. But as I said in a previous post, lets not get tangled up by who owns what.

What has really pissed my off is that some random 17 year old thinks he is above all of us and that we are merely scum. Yes he's obviosuly said a few things to get a response...surely no-one can be that arrogant and self righteous...can they?!?!?

Lost man standing
3rd Jun 2008, 12:23
The company I work for has employed three pilots who have done some or all of their training at BCFT. They have all done very well, and the connection with BCFT's old boy network helped get two of them the jobs. I would consider BCFT (or PAT for that matter, Mrs Mollison! I know one of your instructors) on a CV, as school or employer, as being in the candidate’s favour. The level of literacy Mr Harrison has shown here would mean his would be binned.

If Mr Harrison had his dad write the CV and covering letter, and I gave him an interview, I would consider the attitude shown here as making Mr Harrison unsuited to any role within the company, in the office, on the ramp or in the flight operation. Certainly I would fail him a line check purely on CRM. He does a very good impression of being someone who would not fit in our flight-safety culture. I would go so far as to recommend that unless he can rapidly change the way he deals with other people Mr Harrison should not waste his money on flight training, as he is unlikely to ever get a good flying job.

Perhaps he would not show the childish, petulant, naive, insecure and arrogant attitude in person, but that begs the question as to why he shows it online. However he also shows a lack of self-awareness that suggests he might not know to moderate his behaviour.

W1

Talking to a former BCFT student I understand that in addition to the aircraft owned by the company there were three owned by the directors which could be hired for people who wanted variety in flying (I think a couple of aerobats and an unusual twin).

And a voluntary settlement of a case means little until we know details, certainly not the “marketing scam” that “Tommy” shouts about. My experience of marketing in some of BCFT's larger competitors is much worse than BCFT's seems to be.

Thomas_Harrison91
3rd Jun 2008, 15:49
One down, 9 more to go!

Ford_cortina if you've finished your afternoon in the games workshop and fully de-briefed yourself after a flight sim session then take heed.

Do you love me or something? Checking my online status is a bit excessive do you not think?

The way you've managed to embarass yourself on here i find laughable, tales of war or what not, totally unnecessary.

Some things for your urgent attention;
GCSE's are generally completed at 16,
was probably Oxford Brookes but no one cares about your sister,
try not to put down the stirling profession of being a janitor,
and correct me if Im wrong, but if the engine was in the wrong place then the car wouldn't actually work.

To come on here and join the rest of the angry mob hunting for my blood is ridiculous, as soon as one person on this site says something not to public liking you all lose sense of reality and begin the chase!

I've simply been offended by the way this FTO advertised and went about its business, and shock horror, the ASA agrees with me...hmmm

And geordiejet, boo hoo matey :\.

Who's next....

ford cortina
3rd Jun 2008, 16:03
Okay you troublesome Oik,

Family history's aside....

Ever heard of a little known automobile maker called Porsche, they make a car called the 911, been building it for over 40 years. It has its engine in the rear, used to be air cooled now its water cooled. My own one is a late 930 T.

So you got your GCSE did you at 16 so at 17 you must now be CEO somewhere.

Oh and yes I had my sim last week, my LPC was up. Back line flying this weekend and got my Icao Level 6 English at the same time.

You have the barefaced audasicity to come on here, shouting the odds and acting like god. But you have not answered my questions.

1. You are 17, you should be at sixth form, but as you are looking for training, I doubt it...... so????
2. If your family are as rich and powerful as you say, why not OAT, FTE or CTC?.. Modular is and should not be an option for someone as rich as you.
3. Why oh Why a pilot, you look down on us and call us, so why not a QC,
Headge Fund Manager or somthing else in the city????

Two nil to me sonny boy. Now go and ask your butler to 'Wipe your bottom, you little ****'

mustflywillfly
3rd Jun 2008, 16:12
Thomas

I have read through this thread. You have taken issue with BCFT's advertising campaign, fine, each to their own. ASA have possibly taken issue too and the matter has been resolved. I think what has really wound people up is your snivelling little gob ****e attitude. If you can't appreciate that then you are a no hoper. Crawl back under your palatial rock.

There is still a nagging doubt though that you might be a middle age troll merely posting on here to piss people off. If that is your aim then you have surley surpassed your own expectations. In this case crawl back under your squalid rock, you saddo.

Cheers

MFWF :)

ford cortina
3rd Jun 2008, 16:44
Having looked at Thomas's posting history, he posted a few weeks ago exhaulting the virtues of BCFT, he also mentions that he is leaving school this year...
Which means Thomas, you are not qualified to have a go at anyone who went to uni, ever.
Anyway whats wrong with Oxford Brookes, the gave Clarkson a Degree....:O:O

Lost man standing
3rd Jun 2008, 17:03
Thomas

You say that the ASA agrees with you. Can you point us to a website with the details of the ASA’s complaint and the informal resolution, or if you have it on some other medium than the internet please transcribe the relevant extracts.

The rest of us have not seen these details, so have no idea whether the ASA agrees with you, and no idea whether they had a strong case or BCFT just made an agreement to save costs on what was probably a rather trivial issue to them.

Noting the connections Cortina has made, might I suggest you go to college, take a couple of A levels and a degree, or a diploma if you're not up to that? It might give you the time and environment to mature, and one day you might make a competent pilot. Like those competent pilots you try to put down with suggestions that they only fly sims.

At the moment you are cross that you misunderstood something BCFT use in advertising. It is naive to take advertising too seriously without looking into the meaning of any claims, and childishly petulant to give a broad attack on issues that have no relevance and on which it appears you are simply wrong.

geordiejet
3rd Jun 2008, 17:45
and correct me if Im wrong, but if the engine was in the wrong place then the car wouldn't actually work.

Think he may mean the engine being in the rear - most cars have it in the front. If you check daddy's fleet of motors, I'm sure you will probably find a rear mounted engine.

You really have most people on here stunned!

What do you hope to gain by pissing off each and every single person on here? You have made your pretty aimless, vague 'point'. But this has become so much more.

Your name surely will become legendary on here, and no doubt in the 'real world' of aviation, as people have actually contacted their friends to to see you make a complete tit of yourself! Including me - and you don't want to know people's reactions old chum! We were eagarly awaiting your latest post today - and you didn't disappoint! Things getting from bad to worse!

You really are f:mad:cking clueless. So I can only assume your ambition of being a pilot it because you are trying to live daddy's boyhood dream which he never got to live out or so that daddy can say "my son is a pilot" at his cosy gentleman's club.

But, I've a nagging doubt that you are real. Perhaps you are just some sado with nothing to do but come online to annoy people. For the safety of the travelling public, and the sanity of airline employees the world over - I hope this is the reality!

But then again, I'm enjoying seeing you make a complete t*t of yourself. It's a bit like a car crash - you just can't help but look.

PS - for a little toff - your grammar is pretty poor! Daddy should be asking for a refund on those school fees.

Grass strip basher
3rd Jun 2008, 18:07
This thread is hysterical.... some bloke comes on here and says I am a numpty because I believed the marketing of a flight training organisation.... and then proceeds to slag everyone off!!

He can't be for real... and if he left school at 16 with only GCSEs with the opportunities that he claims have been laid at his feet I bet daddy the barrister is really pleased with him.... what a disappointment he must be to his parents.... I wonder did his dad take the silver spoon out of his mouth and shove it up his ar*e when he told him he was going to sponge the cash off him to do flight training??

Anyway perhaps I can throw in a vote to shut this thread down... is it really now offering any valuable information to any wanabees now??

HappyFran
3rd Jun 2008, 18:34
Hi Thomas
I admire your tenacity...what ever other shortcomings..it is a quality you will need it make it through training and into a job.:ok:

Lost plot a bit on your last post..what does ' one down 9 to go' mean?

Keep up the postings, it is far more interesting than ATPL theory study :8;)

Flying Squid
3rd Jun 2008, 18:58
I call Troll and vote that this now be closed. It's good to see so many people jumping in to defend BCFT early on though! As for the later posts....on the off chance that he really is a young snot nosed little **** trying to make it into the industry then its been a pleasure watching him hit the self destruct button! However on the off chance that he does make it onto the flight deck then god help us all!!!!

BerksFlyer
3rd Jun 2008, 19:25
How classic that Master Harrison, who is better than all of us, is leaving school at 17.

Didn't make the grade to study A levels? What a waste of money that was for Daddy to send you to private school...

Qualification wise you're in the same bracket as people who I presume you are talking about when you come on here spouting about the 'working class'.

This is priceless!

You sir, are a comedian. :D

geordiejet
3rd Jun 2008, 19:30
Anyway perhaps I can throw in a vote to shut this thread down... is it really now offering any valuable information to any wanabees now??

No it doesn't, but it's bloody entertaining!! :D

I vote for it to stay :ok:

:-)

bajadj
3rd Jun 2008, 19:53
I vote for this thread to stay.

Actually I also vote for Thomas to be appointed a pprune moderator!

either that or be made a member of the house of lords.

ford cortina
3rd Jun 2008, 19:55
Me Too:ok::ok:

Wee Weasley Welshman
3rd Jun 2008, 20:08
Whilst trolls are generally negative they can (very sparingly) be invigorating for a forum as they get people fired up and hammering the old keyboard. As such I've been happy for Thomas to continue.

Maybe he's even me in disguise... (this winds trolls up like you wouldn't believe - and Thomas can't see some of my words or some of your posts due to crafty code..)

Psyops,

HappyFran
3rd Jun 2008, 21:23
'Crafty Code' how very Machiavellian :suspect:

Just reading a book on Young Stalin...he used to set his collegues at each others throats. :ooh::(

TenAndie
3rd Jun 2008, 22:59
hahaha !!

there is not a chance this guy is for real.

Some 14 year old on a wind up or someone that has a vendetta against BCFT for some reason i would guess.
Can you imagine spending more than 5 mins on a flight deck with this guy ! haha !

Life's a Beech
3rd Jun 2008, 23:22
No, 12 years at most. Surely a 14 year-old imitating 17 would try to be more grown-up, not more childish.

seang
4th Jun 2008, 00:34
No no no, please don't stop this thread it is highly entertaining and there is sod all on the telly tonight, or any other night for that matter. I am one of those working class oiks so despised by Mr H and his dad. I grew up, and still live, no more than half a mile from the Houses of Parliament where he had a scotch with some posh bloke (big deal). Our house had around 320 bedrooms and we had servants who would turn up and fix the electrics, paint the hall, plumb in a new bathroom, fit new windows etc etc after a mere phone call. Lambeth council were marvellous at times. We could see the HoP from our living room, although I have never set foot in the place. Although I did have a pint of Stella with Suggs from Madness once in a pub down the Fulham Rd before a Chelsea game - does that count? Perhaps we should start a new thread about famous/posh people we have had drinks with. On second thoughts, scrap that idea, I'd like to think most people wouldn't give a toss. Anyway, gotta go, the old TB is playing up, must be all those years spent as a child in a scummy, damp council house, cough, splutter, thank gord for the upper classes guv'ner, wot wud we do wivout em and their clever ways?

Thomas_Harrison91
11th Jul 2008, 14:40
Just to let you know, if we all stand together we can defeat the rouges in this industry!

Call it coinsidence, following our discussion I have it under good authority that a certain flying operation has taken the following actions;

1. Complete revamp of promotional literature ( I will be returning to scrutinise this at a later date in my investigative fashion)

2. The surprising installation of a new simulator,

3. Advertising Standards Authority getting involved.

This shows that if we all stick together then we can make changes in this ruthless industry.

Thank you to all those who supported me and those who didn't, try and learn something. Your the reason Ryanair can abuse us the way it does!

luvly jubbly
11th Jul 2008, 15:06
Spelling lessons for you Master Thomas! See teacher for detention.

Flying Squid
11th Jul 2008, 22:45
Thomas have you actuallly come across anyone else that thought they were embarking on an integrated course at BCFT? Jesus give it a rest!

The new sim was to replace the one that caught on fire I believe. (The new sim is pretty nice by the way!!!)

Time to let this drop, seriously enough is enough mate. What started as you getting something so simple confused has now turned into you making them out to be some sort of shoddy rip off merchants that hasn't got a clue. At 17 years old this is rather brave quite frankly! I don't really see how you can bring RYR into any of this either.

Just a waste of time goign on and on Thomas. Move on and LET IT GO!!! :ugh:

ford cortina
12th Jul 2008, 00:54
Oh God not again.

By the way Thomas, as you are sure I have no airline experience, currently sat in a dressing gown in my hotel room in the Congo, just arrived and they are making my room, god this pretending to be a pilot is expensive!!!.

Glad you sorted out the baddies! we can all sleep at night now.

Lost man standing
12th Jul 2008, 02:16
Thomas_Harrison91

Can you confirm that your name is Thomas Harrison, and that the age you have given is correct? A date of birth might be useful as well, just to be fair on any other Thomas Harrison in commercial aviation.

I am just hoping to ensure that I never offer you a job, as it is expensive to train a pilot and there is no way you are going to remain long in any position in this industry. You are far too naive, self-satisfied and sensitive, and have a poor attitude to others not compatible with modern flight safety teaching and CRM. Mustflywillfly put it ... succinctly, let me say.

I have recently seen the advert in question, in an old magazine. It could be misinterpreted the way you did. However it could also be interpreted the way it seems to have been intended (that they gave all the advantages of the integrated system and all the advantages of the modular). I assume that is why the ASA had a word, and they have cleared up the ambiguity. However no-one who had done the research rational people who are considering pending £45,000 do would make the incorrect interpretation, as they would know that only a couple of schools offer integrated training (I know them, as graduates of integrated courses are not suitable for the flying my company does, so I don't consider them for jobs) and BCFT is not one of them.

JB007
13th Jul 2008, 20:20
Merrily clicking away with a glass of merlot next to me, feeling in a bit of a 'buzzy' daze having just flown an empty B767-300...always a good mood for a bit of PPRuNe....FANTASTIC....TOMMY HARRISON is back on line

Icing on the cake pal...i've missed you...http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/waffen/violent-smiley-045.gif

Farrell
13th Jul 2008, 20:28
LOL

How did I miss this thread for so long?

Thomas Harrison - ahahahahahah

HappyFran
13th Jul 2008, 22:05
Welcome back Tomas.
How's the search for a suitable FTO going ?
:)

Adios
13th Jul 2008, 22:17
Thomas,

Now that your one man (perhaps I shouldn't use that word here) campaign has forced BCFT to clean up their act, when will you be starting your training with them?

Or have you decided to train elsewhere? What other FTOs have you visited? Oh, none so far? Been too busy writing letters to the ASA and running into daddy's office to show him the latest insults people have hurled at you on PPRuNe?

Well, I for one can't wait for you to visit another FTO and discover, perish the thought, that their brochure paints them in a good light, is somewhat confusing the first time daddy reads it to you, contains difficult to substantiate claims, uses big words and you discover that their aircraft have a scratch in the paint down on the underside, if you crawl underneath and look really close (go on, it should be easy for a smallish troll).

I just can't wait to read what you have to say about the next FTO you visit. In fact, if you will be so kind as to state which Manor House you reside in this week, I am sure that readers here will arrange for their favorite FTO to send you a brochure. After all, there's not much mileage left for you in slagging BCFT and it was shaping up to be a long and dull summer until this thread came along! Please pick another FTO so you can continue our education in the techniques and practices of recognizing marketing hyperbole.

One last question for you: When have you ever stood together with anyone? :ugh:

This sounds like a marketing scam, packaging yourself up as someone capable of solidarity with the great unwashed mass of commoners who eagerly await your next entertaining response so they can laugh their arses off at you. Mind sending me the address for the ASA so I can report you sonny boy?

JB007
14th Jul 2008, 08:53
On a positive note, if he is for real that is, can't wait to read the thread when he ask's a genuine question about the 'minefield' of flying training....

Grass strip basher
14th Jul 2008, 09:04
It is kind of ironic that perhaps the most divisive and offensive individual in this forum heads up his latest effort with "unity is strength"..... hmmmm what would you know about unity when with a few days you have alienated most of your peers??:yuk:

civil aviation
14th Jul 2008, 15:28
Is T.H. simply the latest, but better, version of this scam ?

1. Present as potential or past customer of named FTO.
2. Criticise the (pick one or more of) advertising/aircraft/course/examiner/instructor/owner/premises/prices etc.
3. Appeal for Wannabe/official support and threaten FTO
4. React in a bizarre way to anyone or anything positive about FTO
5. Generate free advertising and sympathy for FTO

If he exists, would be interesting to know what or who motivates the man.
If a scam, certainly the best for a long-time- congratulations because most, inc. moderators, seem to have been suckered.

THE WELSH WIZARD
14th Jul 2008, 15:55
Sausage factories........... ha ha ha thats funny bach :cool:

WW

captain_rossco
14th Jul 2008, 20:35
Thomas Harrison may I welcome you to the fold. Your humility and sensitivity have already proven that any training establishment would be a better place for you presence.
May I also add that thanks to the sheer genius of stating your real name as your user ID, you will no doubt place yourself quite favouribly with any recruitment staff who may happen to stumble across your words of wisdom.

So 17 year old Thomas Harrison, we thank you.

Kind Regards

CR

P.S I would like to apologise in advance to families any other Thomas Harrisons found bleeding outside The Flyer Show/Flying Schools/Airports etc, however we may not be able to resist.

cirruscrystal
15th Jul 2008, 09:00
Thomas Harrison - good grief, i was lucky enough to go to public school and i have never known arrogance to such a level, leaves me thinking that you cannot be for real as some of your comments and thoughts give you away i think as a mere 17 year old?

If you are for real then your father should be disgraced at your behaviour after investing his hard earned crispies to turn out such a rude arrogant little snot nose.

Post if note on desk for your CV in the future!

RTN11
2nd Aug 2008, 13:49
where did Mr Harrison go?

I miss the comedy rantings on this thread.

madgewick
2nd Aug 2008, 18:03
Thomas Please come back all is forgiven!

WWW can't we have a thread dedicated to this fine young man?

I truly hope to sit on his right hand side in a cockpit one day.:ouch::D:D:D

Shunter
2nd Aug 2008, 19:50
http://www.a-mommys-world.com/AMWGraphicsGallery/albums/Smilies%20with%20Signs/weirdo.gif

[SIC]

geordiejet
3rd Aug 2008, 15:22
Yes - he does have a habit of going away, coming back - insulting everyone on here - and then dissappearing again. Perhaps he is on daddy's yacht - and he can only use his gold plated laptop when he is in port.

RTN11
3rd Aug 2008, 18:39
Maybe the Wi-Fi router is down at Buckingham Palace, so he can't have tea and pprune at the same time.

Wee Weasley Welshman
3rd Aug 2008, 19:34
Its beyond parody so it stays..

madgewick
4th Aug 2008, 07:47
I was thinking about training for my IR and CPL at BCFT but after re-reading this thread (and trying not to spit my coffee out, again) I have thought better of it! What on earth am I thinking, all this training and expense just to sit in a big tube in the sky?:=! I'll settle for another sausage and instant coffee and sit here smuggly in the knowledge that Im not gonna waste my life on such a pointless career. Now..... anyone for Polo?:ok:

dand07
30th Aug 2008, 20:56
Please shut your face you fool!!!!!!!!!!!! How many hours have you got? Have you got a ppl? Have you ever sat in aircraft? How would you know a good aircraft from a bad one? --------U seem to be very very experienced ha thats a laugh-------shut up again u dope! Im a student at bcft and you say a clapped out arrow----------That aircraft is only 4 or 5 years old what are you on about?

Look u little clown when you have a licence of some sort be it for a microlight come and comment here otherwise head back to playschool and make sure that you dont miss this weeks episodes of barney and friends you stupid nontz

( Dan d student a bcft )

INNflight
30th Aug 2008, 22:27
how very lovely to see this thread full of blatant amusement up front again :ok:

Tommy, u around?

HappyFran
30th Aug 2008, 23:53
Mr Harrison (using his own name) has not been on this forum since end of July. Sadly Pprune is a lot less funny place following his departure :{:{:{

JohnRayner
31st Aug 2008, 22:06
Let us raise a glass to this absent hero, this prince among men.....

Kerosine
1st Sep 2008, 12:45
Thomas_Harrision

Pprune has mixed up his post count and his age; technology these days :hmm:

We must accept that this young chap has been brought up in a different world; a bubble that will quickly burst when he moves into the 'real' world. It is a shame that Harrison Jr. suffers from such an affliction, he will struggle to communicate and identify with 'common folk' and therefore be unable to gain their respect or cooperation. Definiately a CRM issue.

Thomas, regardless of your own preconceptions and fantasies, you are nothing without daddy's money. Please don't get all over-dramatic over this post, remember, people are laughing at you. Best get used to it.

Nearly There
30th Jun 2010, 10:33
This threads worth a read for the comedy value if your bored:E

Did you enter the aviation world in the end Thomas?

Bushfiva
30th Jun 2010, 10:51
PPRuNe has mixed up his post count and his age

Actually, it's a much more serious bug than that. It's actually shoe size and IQ.

Pilotinmydreams
30th Jun 2010, 11:56
Wow - how did I miss this? His rant in post 54 is one of the funniest things i've ever read. Simply brilliant - I feel so ashamed to be of lower stock! :}

MyIDisthis
30th Jun 2010, 22:02
Another thing I find hilarious is that someone mentioned 'A320_rider' even back in 2008, referring to him in the same way that people does today.

Halfwayback
1st Jul 2010, 19:58
Sorry to spoil the fun but A320 rider is having a little rest this week!

HWB

Lustigemann
13th Jul 2010, 15:11
Hahaha I nearly fell off my chair when I read your post about the special individual! I know who you mean and he shocked me totally with his shouting and balling... then had the neck to ask me for a lift home after a stressful flying sortie with him!! Very unique individual however I found the flying there raised my standards and I will never forget this special individual haha still laughing!:D

driftdown
14th Jul 2010, 15:14
This thread it is really extraordinarily funny. Surely Mr. Harrison is not for real.

Please post again Mr Harrison I could do with a good laugh. Something along the lines of Post 54 should do the trick. :}