PDA

View Full Version : Precision Simulator 744 (PS1.3)

PCav8or
12th Sep 2000, 16:55
I'm having some serious trouble configuring the sound in this program. Just cannot get the sound to work. It's probably the very best 'Procedures Simulator' (no graphics) to ever run on a PC. Anybody with info on how to get the sound started up out there????? PLEASE HELP!!
Check out the web site http://aerowinx.com/ & surprise yourself!!!!

------------------
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Blue Skies & Happy Landings

mik
12th Sep 2000, 20:42
Have you looked at http://www.aerowinx.com/html/faq.html#faq1001

PCav8or
13th Sep 2000, 07:42
Have done so mik. I have a Creative SB 128 VIBRA sound card. I've been on the forum as well & people have 'ALL' the sounds with this card. I've tried to configure it many times, but get no joy here. (If you are familiar with the program) I have under 'preferences', Sound Blaster marked 'X', but Continous Engine Sound is is greyed out, & there is absolutely no sound. I reckon I just don't know enough about computers!!

------------------

mik
13th Sep 2000, 22:32
That is VERY strange. The problem most people appear to be having (and which I had until I updated the sound driver on my gateway machine) is that they can click on continuous sound but still get nothing.

When you run the command
747 /s
The first screen you should see is
"soundblaster available"
when you click Y it'll then go on to other configuration screens, i.e. DMA channel, IRQ number, base address. It should then say "checking sound board... please wait..." and at this point you should hear a recording of the speedbrakes lever moving from "Arm" to "Up"

Do you hear this recording?

Mik

[This message has been edited by mik (edited 13 September 2000).]

PCav8or
16th Sep 2000, 15:11
No Mik. No recording of speed brakes lever & no sound at all. I had an on board sound card (3D Pro) & changed to a SB128 VIBRA. Others on the Aerowinx forum with the same card have no problem. When I follow your procedure (did it before as well), I get a message that the system detects the on board sound card (3D Pro). This has been disabled & does ot even appear in the device options. JUST CAN'T FIGURE IT OUT!! If I got my hands around that guy Hardy's neck.............

------------------

mik
16th Sep 2000, 19:12
Ah - so the SB hardware is on the motherboard? So (really just thinking out aloud here, but it might give you or me some ideas...) windows has disabled it, but a DOS app. might get confused as it might be seeing two sound cards.

One idea : do you have an icon which you use to start PS1.3? Try bringing up it's "properties" page, click on the Program tab, click on advanced, then click on MS-DOS mode. This will cause your computer to reboot into pure MSDOS mode to run PS1.3
When you exit PS1.3, your computer will boot back into windows.

PCav8or
16th Sep 2000, 21:09
Thanks Mik. Will give it a go & let you know. May not get back very soon, as I'm on a trip for a week.......but I sure will let you know how it works out.

PCav8or
23rd Sep 2000, 06:12
I've given it a go mik.....same old story....NO SOUND!!!! Wonder what I'm doing wrong. Any other suggestions???

mik
26th Sep 2000, 06:41
Sorry, no other ideas at the moment....

Cornish Jack
26th Sep 2000, 14:57
In the absence of anything else working - I have a different SB card and had a similar problem, only with WINTV i.e. the sound card worked to give normal Windows noises (dings, tadas, etc) but nothing came through on TV. After much hair tearing, I discovered that there was a Sound Control Centre task bar which lived out-of-sight at the top of the screen which incorporated a MUTE function!!! This it would do, on its own, with no indication on the visible screen. Probably nothing to do with your problem but it might be worth checking.

PCav8or
26th Sep 2000, 17:43
Thanks "CJ". Didn't work. Reckon I'll just keep tweaking away. What also surprises me is that with the SB 128 VIBRA, the 'continous engine sound' option under preferences is "greyed" out, so one cannot even select it. But that's secondary as, I have selected 'sound blaster' & still no sound at all. At least the on-board sound card (disabled now)used to give me the voices (only no continous engine sound). With absolutely no sound, the program is a real bummer!!!