PDA

View Full Version : Who is going to Queensland Championships

MCKES
29th May 2008, 09:39
Are any ppruners going the the Queensland championships at Watts Bridge. Just wondering if anyone knows anybody taking a Pitts S1 or One design. As I am interested in both designs and would love the opportunity to have a look at one.
Thanks
Sam
Please Pm me if you wish :ok:

tail wheel
29th May 2008, 10:10
What Queensland Championships?? :confused:

We're not mind readers! :uhoh:

Wizofoz
29th May 2008, 10:24
Ya know, taily, I've seen the odd moderator get all snarley when someone comes on and asks a question about well discussed topics, to the tune of "Try a search!!".

Well, much as I know what event was being discussed (I won a couple of 'em!!) I put "Queensland Championships Watts Bridge" into Google and presto!! tons of info on the Queensland State Aerobatic Championships, Watts Bridge.

What other championships would a Pitts S1 or a One design be going to?

MCKES, only one design I know of flying in Aus is Richard Wiltshires'. http://extraaerobatics.com.au/index.php

He recently got a new "toy", so he MIGHT be persuaded to part with his.

MCKES
29th May 2008, 10:34
Thanks wiz sorry i didn't thought most to reply would know what it is. I am not wanting to buy one I am interested in building, and would like to be able to see one in person if possible mainly interested in the S1 Pitts. My main problem is height I am 6ft probably still growing too :ugh: not the best size to fit into such planes.

Tankengine
29th May 2008, 11:34
Yeah, I'm with Tailie,
I thought the QLD Championships are at Warwick in Sept!:}

Try googling that wiz.:D

[I've won a couple of them too!!:E]

Wizofoz
29th May 2008, 17:29
....And are you competing in a Pitts or a One design Tank???

djpil
29th May 2008, 20:16
For info, there are 3 other One-Designs in Victoria.
I've heard that there'll be a couple of S-1's at Watts Bridge.
See you there.

tinpis
29th May 2008, 21:08
Yer wouldnt get me watching a bunch of Wallys in flight suits with pens in shoulder pockets parading in front of a crowd hands outstretched walking up and down turning and ducking and bending and going brrrrrrrrmmm...:uhoh:

carbon
29th May 2008, 21:33
You have obviously never flown a comp unknown before tin?

Better to look like a tool on the ground than in the air. I'm getting the impression you are quite good at both.

Tankengine
30th May 2008, 00:44
Nah Wiz, a 28 or 29!:}

The "one design" is only about 30:1, why there are so few pewees in Oz:zzz:

Some of the roughest guys I have flown with fly Pitts!:eek:

[and that is not a slag at all Pitt's drivers so no war please!]:=

tinpis
30th May 2008, 03:31
Cheeky sod

There are known knowns and unknown knowns but I know I'd give Svetlana (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKLaJDIoWfI&feature=related) One for her two handed pole pulling :E

Wizofoz
30th May 2008, 06:00
Tank,

By One design, you mean that PW-5 thing? Yes, one design gliding was the best idea to get ruined in execution for a long time!!

I got the idea that it would be better to form a class around these- http://www.aeros.com.ua/structure/al/index_en.php

Cheap, easily transported, obviously not a huge performer but the idea is to have every one the same. What do you think?

Flying Binghi
30th May 2008, 06:06
Caint get your link to work Wizofoz

Wizofoz
30th May 2008, 09:05
Give it a try now

Tankengine
30th May 2008, 09:17
Having everyone the same is a great idea but I think most would want more performance. I would like a fly though!:}
It would be a good bridge between hangies and sailplanes.:ok:
Doesn't look like it would like aeros!!:eek:

carbon
30th May 2008, 14:35
Haha on that we agree tin!