PDA

View Full Version : Darwin Operators???

ules
29th May 2008, 08:53
Hi there , just wondering if you guys can point out some info are there any darwin operators that would take on a fresh CPL holder with MEIR ?

PLovett
29th May 2008, 09:12
ules, the search function is your friend. There have been so many threads on Darwin operators asking exactly the same question that I suggest a thread search will reveal all.

Just remember though, it is now a buyers market for pilots but you have to be there.:ok:

ules
29th May 2008, 09:25
:} I was waiting for somone to reply to use the search button,
1. He is not my friend
2. He is outdated
3. My search using the search button was unsuccessful on the information i am after :)
The reason i am asking, cause ive looked into going to kunnuurra, but rent is so expensive there, no way i would be able to survive on the sallaries they offer. + paying back that 60,k + living expenses
:ouch:

Justin Grogan
29th May 2008, 11:24
http://www.aerorescue.com.au/

Socket
29th May 2008, 11:29
Darwin...young and inexperienced...RUN AWAY.

Hasselhof
29th May 2008, 12:45
Yes there are

gav_20022002
29th May 2008, 13:33
not sure on living expenses in kunners but darwin cant be much cheaper...can it?

FRQ Charlie Bravo
29th May 2008, 14:04
Don't know what your situation is but a lot of the pilots stay at the backpackers in Kununurra. There's usually a room set aside for pilots (mostly because the other backpackers in the joint don't want to be woken up at 0330 by pilots getting ready for a morning Bungles run).

Once established in the backpackers you'll be able to team up with some pilots and get onto a list for some hell-hole with affordable rent.

Probably a similar situation in Darwin but I don't really know. Good luck!

FRQ CB

300Series
30th May 2008, 03:33
Your best bet for Darwin operators would be

Air Frontier
Australasian Jet
Direct Air
Chartair, - Have had a ad on AFAP earlier looking for a Borroloola base pilot with 350TT and some 210 time.

Direct Air might want more TT

Aus.Jet you might get lucky there, pretty good company not sure about the T & C.

Air Frontier, a lot has been said about this company, but when i was there, The owner is not a nice person however, if you go to a remote base, you get accom, provided, full time single engine award, good hours, the bonanza's are a lovely machine to fly. Geoff will teach you a lot about how to manage an engine, and look after it, aswell as your Sched 8 maint, so if you have fouled plugs that you cannot clear for example then you can fix it yourself. If you put the effort in and work hard, you won't have a problem.

philr
31st May 2008, 11:00
Have you found that great job yet H??

PR

Hasselhof
31st May 2008, 11:12
As always its complicated :ok: :ugh:

Will give you a ring tomorrow for an update

Stormynights
2nd Jun 2008, 10:33
Kakadu Air