PDA

View Full Version : Fishy tail heads up!

SpringHeeledJack
29th May 2008, 08:07
Dear Prooners

I just thought that i'd give a heads up about a documentary about a chap trying to find, catch and release a trout found in a London river, about as rare as hen's teeth these days. It is showing today 29/5 in the UK on the 'Dave' channel. I had a thread asking about this a couple of weeks ago and G-CPTN kindly provided the details below

# The Accidental Angler, 4 London (On at 11.00am on Thursday 29th May on Dave)
Charles Rangeley-Wilson goes fishing for the stories behind unusual fish! In this edition, he attempts to catch a wild brown trout as close to the heart of London as he can.

# The Accidental Angler, 4 London (On at 12.00pm on Thursday 29th May on Dave+1)
Charles Rangeley-Wilson goes fishing for the stories behind unusual fish! In this edition, he attempts to catch a wild brown trout as close to the heart of London as he can.

and:-
http://uktv.co.uk/dave/episode/serie...istingOffset/7
# The Accidental Angler, 4 London (On at 6.00pm on Thursday 29th May on Dave)

# The Accidental Angler, 4 London (On at 7.00pm on Thursday 29th May on Dave+1)
Charles Rangeley-Wilson goes fishing for the stories behind unusual fish! In this edition, he attempts to catch a wild brown trout as close to the heart of London as he can.q

Regards

SHJ

BOAC
29th May 2008, 10:09
I'm certain this is a repeat from a couple of years or so back, and an excellent series it was with an interesting and engaging presenter. If I recall correctly, he 'succeeds' in a small tributary of the Thames.

SpringHeeledJack
29th May 2008, 18:22
You are correct BOAC

It was shown at the end of 2006 on the beeb. I've just watched it on the DAVE channel and the hour went by very quickly. As you say, it was very engaging and interesting watching him visit little back waters in and around London. Travelling around by foot, underground and train with his rod and waders was, for me a wonderful juxtaposition (blimey that's a big word :eek:).

I'm not an angler meself, but it was a heartening story all the same as the rivers become cleaner, the more wildlife seems to return. I could've sworn that that motorbike that was hauled out of the river Wandle by the conservation group looked very much like a Ducati :{

Anyone else get to see it ?

Regards

SHJ

ShyTorque
29th May 2008, 20:29
I'm certain I saw a brown trout float past only a few weeks ago..... it was still in the paper :yuk:

Beatriz Fontana
29th May 2008, 20:31
This is the programme in which some bloke gets very emotional about catching some old trout...

Sorry, daughter of a fisherman, I know how bad it can get!!

SpringHeeledJack
29th May 2008, 22:02
For a second there Ms Fontana, one thought you were about to recount a tale of some bloke with a weakness for older ladies :}

Regards

SHJ